How to fix Hannibal episode order
As some of you may know. The idiots at NBC decided not to air the fourth episode of the new series Hannibal and instead aired the fifth one. The fourth was not and will not be aired in the US. They also made the choise to turn it into a six episode heavily censored webisode (cutting more than half the episode). Anyway, luckily for the fans of the show the real fourth episode aired in Asia. As great as this is it leads to a new problem for us XBMC users.

On TVDB the database has already been locked to the way NBC made it (both Aired order and DVD order) and therefor this will mess up the episode order in XBMC. Is there any way around this? I tried editing the NFO-files, but XBMC just ended up ignoring the episode entirely. Please, please, please help.
S01E04 is listed as a special so you should be able to name it S00E01 and it will scrape from thetvdb properly.
It looks like they tried to account for this by removing episode S01E05 but yeah between scene releases and tvdb you will probably have issues until Season 2 starts.
יונתן בן-חיים
(2013-05-01, 21:32)nokdim Wrote: S01E04 is listed as a special so you should be able to name it S00E01 and it will scrape from thetvdb properly.
It looks like they tried to account for this by removing episode S01E05 but yeah between scene releases and tvdb you will probably have issues until Season 2 starts.
But all specials are stored in a seperate "folder" in XBMC. I want it in the same folder as the other episodes.
In my XBMC specials appear in their own folder as well in the season folder if they appeared mid-season. This may be skin dependent.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2013-05-01, 22:01)nickr Wrote: In my XBMC specials appear in their own folder as well in the season folder if they appeared mid-season. This may be skin dependent.

Nope, nothing to do with the skin.
Take a look at the XEM scraper. It uses TVDB as a source for info, but gives you a lot more episode order options.
Rename s01e04 to s00e01 and s01e05 to s01e04 and it'll be fine.

Hitcher's right...btw...awesome show
Ok, thanks, guys. And yes, the show is awesome.

BTW, Hitcher, Is that Alaska HD?
It bothered me still, so after a bit more fiddeling I managed to fix it Smile

Id recomend not "fixing it your way and going hitchers route (i did) the reason why is that your machine will always be in conflict with thetvdb.com...its one thing to fix the nfo...but I have never seen a tv show not air an episode in only a few countries and im not exactly sure how thtvdb is going to react to it...the aired order is correct on thetvdb so it should show up as a special in the right order between the rest of the episodes (mine does using transparency)

That being said I think we should take this up with the tvdb ppl because I think S00E01 should be reserved for the 15 min web special or designate the 6 part webisodes into 6 special episodes (S00E01E02E03E04E05E06) and then give the 45 min full episode of Oeuf the S01E04 title to fix the gap there now is as thetvdb is now missing a slot for S01E06...im going to sign in and make sure this cant be changed.

edit, i posted my suggestion...but id still say its better to not be in conflict with thetvdb since your nfos will have to be changed for every episode that season atleast.
(2013-05-02, 18:57)digitaltomj Wrote: Id recomend not "fixing it your way and going hitchers route (i did) the reason why is that your machine will always be in conflict with thetvdb.com...its one thing to fix the nfo...but I have never seen a tv show not air an episode in only a few countries and im not exactly sure how thtvdb is going to react to it...the aired order is correct on thetvdb so it should show up as a special in the right order between the rest of the episodes (mine does using transparency)

That being said I think we should take this up with the tvdb ppl because I think S00E01 should be reserved for the 15 min web special or designate the 6 part webisodes into 6 special episodes (S00E01E02E03E04E05E06) and then give the 45 min full episode of Oeuf the S01E04 title to fix the gap there now is as thetvdb is now missing a slot for S01E06...im going to sign in and make sure this cant be changed.

edit, i posted my suggestion...but id still say its better to not be in conflict with thetvdb since your nfos will have to be changed for every episode that season atleast.
I can live with fixing this season's NFOs, however the entire problem would be gone if the DVD order would be the way I currently have it.
I suspect the DVD order will be the correct order... once the DVDs are actually out.
(2013-05-02, 09:37)Tobby Wrote: BTW, Hitcher, Is that Alaska HD?

Yes.
(2013-05-02, 20:32)Hitcher Wrote:
(2013-05-02, 09:37)Tobby Wrote: BTW, Hitcher, Is that Alaska HD?

Yes.
Really nice Big Grin

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How to fix Hannibal episode order1