• 40(current)
[Release] DVBViewer Recording Service PVR
Excuse me,
I have tv server with DVBVIEWER 1.25.0 with tBS 6981 dual tuner DVBS2 + 2 tuner DTT BLU SKY a867 for FREE to AIR
FRONTEND with XBMC FRODO 12.1 o 12.2, with ADDON DVBVIEWER 1.6.9, but channel SAT is ok and the switch from various channel is to 9-10 sec, but the DTT no switch e not see function only timeshift enable, with timeshift disable not see SAT and DTT.

WhyHuh
(2013-05-05, 20:35)manül Wrote:
(2013-05-05, 00:07)Dakkar Wrote: I am just missing a stable timeshift support and it would be perfect.
I'm using timeshift almost daily and it's working flawlessly here. What kind of errors do you have? (increased channel switching time doesn't count Wink)

This is exactly the main point... I don't want to exchange switching time vs TS... Any way to have both?
Excuse me,
I have tv server with DVBVIEWER 1.25.0 with tBS 6981 dual tuner DVBS2 + 2 tuner DTT BLU SKY a867 for FREE to AIR
FRONTEND with XBMC FRODO 12.1 o 12.2, with ADDON DVBVIEWER 1.6.9, but channel SAT is ok and the switch from various channel is to 9-10 sec, but the DTT no switch e not see function only timeshift enable, with timeshift disable not see SAT and DTT.

Why?
Why?
Ive decided to try and keep the version a600 left off at alive until the current devs can produce at least as quick channel changing times.

Im in the process of setting uo a raspbmc, atv1 and windows dev systen to enable me to post at least those three for others to use.

I really cant get my family to use a system that takes 10 to 20 seconds per channel change.
(2013-05-07, 17:24)Dakkar Wrote:
(2013-05-05, 20:35)manül Wrote: I'm using timeshift almost daily and it's working flawlessly here. What kind of errors do you have? (increased channel switching time doesn't count Wink)
This is exactly the main point... I don't want to exchange switching time vs TS... Any way to have both?
Afaik no one is working on this. So probably not.

(2013-05-09, 10:44)chgil Wrote: Excuse me,

Why?
Sorry, I don't get what you're trying to tell me/us. Timeshift enables a local file buffer. The transportstream url to the backend is the same for both.
ad DTT: Please try Portisch version. There still may be bugs with generating 64bit channel ids for channels on free air because I never tested that. However this part is deprecated and rewritten in Portisch version anyway.

(2013-05-09, 12:34)aceofclubs Wrote: Ive decided to try and keep the version a600 left off at alive until the current devs can produce at least as quick channel changing times.

Im in the process of setting uo a raspbmc, atv1 and windows dev systen to enable me to post at least those three for others to use.

I really cant get my family to use a system that takes 10 to 20 seconds per channel change.
...which is the same as switching timeshift off just with more bugs included.
@manül:
i just tried your latest version. channel scraping and epg work fine but when i try to switch to a channel nothing happens.
when going into epg view and selecting a channel and saying "switch to channel" it tells me
This channel cannot be played. Check the log for details.

here is the error:
http://imgur.com/p88YdyG

and here the log:
http://pastebin.com/i8QVQiY0

any ideas whats going on?
im on 12.2 and running recording server 1.25
thanks a lot!
(2013-05-09, 12:52)manül Wrote: ...which is the same as switching timeshift off just with more bugs included.
IMO not true. The a600-Version has less bugs (eg. init/logos) and the channel switching time is _much_ better.
(2013-05-09, 13:45)pseudoheld Wrote: @manül:
i just tried your latest version. channel scraping and epg work fine but when i try to switch to a channel nothing happens.
when going into epg view and selecting a channel and saying "switch to channel" it tells me
This channel cannot be played. Check the log for details.

here is the error:
http://imgur.com/p88YdyG

and here the log:
http://pastebin.com/i8QVQiY0

any ideas whats going on?
im on 12.2 and running recording server 1.25
thanks a lot!
Code:
13:42:08 T:3348   ERROR: CDVDInputStreamPVRManager::Open - error opening [�������������������������������������������������������݊�$n]
Looks like memory got corrupted. I've seen this in others log before but was unable to reproduce or track this down. But I'll fire up valgrind later. Meanwhile you can try Portisch version. I don't want to spend much time on the non-merged version.

(2013-05-09, 13:50)omnium Wrote:
(2013-05-09, 12:52)manül Wrote: ...which is the same as switching timeshift off just with more bugs included.
IMO not true. The a600-Version has less bugs (eg. init/logos) and the channel switching time is _much_ better.
I get all my logos. However that's another thing which is deprecated and rewritten in Portisch version. A600/my plugin tries to "guess" the filename of the logo based on the channel name. In RS >=1.24 the filename is provided by the RS API.
And channel switching with timeshift disabled hasn't changed at all. It's still the same code (feed xbmc with the transport stream url, xbmc does the rest).
(2013-05-09, 14:15)manül Wrote:
Code:
13:42:08 T:3348   ERROR: CDVDInputStreamPVRManager::Open - error opening [�������������������������������������������������������݊�$n]
Looks like memory got corrupted. I've seen this in others log before but was unable to reproduce or track this down. But I'll fire up valgrind later. Meanwhile you can try Portisch version. I don't want to spend much time on the non-merged version.

portisch version is only for nightlies...so not working on 12.2 (at least i think so. when i try to install it tells me dependencies not met Sad
(2013-05-09, 12:52)manül Wrote:
(2013-05-05, 20:35)manül Wrote: I'm using timeshift almost daily and it's working flawlessly here. What kind of errors do you have? (increased channel switching time doesn't count Wink)

That's a pity... Sad
(2013-05-09, 12:52)manül Wrote:

(2013-05-09, 10:44)chgil Wrote: Excuse me,

Why?
Sorry, I don't get what you're trying to tell me/us. Timeshift enables a local file buffer. The transportstream url to the backend is the same for both.
ad DTT: Please try Portisch version. There still may be bugs with generating 64bit channel ids for channels on free air because I never tested that. However this part is deprecated and rewritten in Portisch version anyway.

(2013-05-09, 12:34)aceofclubs Wrote: Ive decided to try and keep the version a600 left off at alive until the current devs can produce at least as quick channel changing times.

...which is the same as switching timeshift off just with more bugs included.

OK Ill hold off a bit then. Thanks for the info
Ive just setup and compiled manul's frodo git on my ATV1 running CB2 and xbmc version 12.1 and am happy with the time it takes to change channels on my system.

Also the bugfixes to the existing functionality appear to be working well. Timers etc.

I see no reason to keep compiling a600s original addon at this stage.

Thanks manul for your hard work.
Hi. I have a problem with the addon.
If i go into timers and i try to add one it works. But it adds a different channel than the one i chosed. If i open the timer i added the selected channel is the right one but it's not the same of the saved timer and the list timer.
Here's an example.
I try to add a recording of the channel "Rai HD":
But it adds me "onda latina instead, when i open the edit timer i get the right one but it isn't the saved one.
Channel switch for me is 2-3 seconds when not using timeshift. My tuner card isnt very fast either so times could decrease if i bought a better one.
  • 40(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Release] DVBViewer Recording Service PVR12