Buffering status
Hey!

Love the ACE skin. Feel it's a natural progression from Aeon Nox.

I use apple trailers/youtube a fair bit, and admit that not always do i have the fastest internet connection, so unfortunately I get buffering.

But the problem I have is that the info bars come up and I can't actually see the buffering progress. Any chance you Can you move the text that says the buffering up a bit?

Other than that its spot on!

Cheers!
Modded MK1 NUC - CLICK ----- NUC Wiki - CLICK

Bay Trail NUC FTW!

I've donated, have you?

+1 for me. I've been running this skin for a few months now, and I think this skin is amazing.

I was using MQ4 before but this skin just seems to hit that balance with customization and getting all the favorite add-ons on the home screen.

The buffering being hidden is the one thing that is problematic on an otherwise fantastic skin!
Decided to figure this one out myself:

It's pretty simple,

Open your xbmc settings folder, find addons/skin.ace/720p folder. Make a backup copy of the VideoFullScreen.xml file as you will need to make changes. Open the VideoFullScreen.xml file with a text editor.

Scroll down to the heading

<!-- Buffering Dialog -->

Underneath this heading find the posy <tag>, and change the value to adjust where the vertical position of the buffering text is displayed on the screen. The value 330 worked well for me.

<posy>330</posy>

Save the file, and restart XBMC, or reload the skin to see the changes.

(optional) I also changed the textcolor tag to orange while i was there, to make the buffering text orange to match my theme. (reloading skin after making changes)

<textcolor>orange</textcolor>

That is all. Hope it helps someone.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Buffering status0