• 58(current)
MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win (with music library scraping)
Hi, i have 2 questions about mediaelch,

ME works really with mysql database ? I can't connect Me to my database or my configuration is wrong but i don't know what to check

It is possible to save nfo, fanart and poster files in an another directory ? (not in the directory which contain video ) ?

Thank you for your help
(2013-07-13, 15:00)chipster19 Wrote: Hi, i have 2 questions about mediaelch,

ME works really with mysql database ? I can't connect Me to my database or my configuration is wrong but i don't know what to check

Hi,

No, no MySQL support for ME. It has been skipped a long time ago.

Don't know the answer to your other question, sorry

Greetz,
MiBox running KODI app (latest)
Synology DS215+ - 8+6 TB | Synology DS211 - 4+4 TB - No RAID | Homebrew server Ubuntu server - 10 TB - LVM | Ubuntu Server 18.04.01 -10 TB - RAID5
Philips 50PFK5300 | Sony HT-XT100 Soundplate
Scanning my media with MediaElch
Hi,

thank you for your answer
(2013-07-11, 19:21)_J@n_ Wrote:
(2013-07-10, 23:19)capfuturo Wrote: Hi there,

I just installed MediaElch version 1.6 on same machine running on OS X 10.8.4 and XBMC Frodo 12.2 with Aeon Nox 4.0.9. After following the guidelines regarding allowing XBMC to be controlled remotely and inputting correct IP address and port for XBMC, MediaElch says: "Could not connect to XBMC: Host not found".

What now?

Thanks,

CF

Hi,

You might want to try 127.0.0.1 since ME and XBMC are on the same machine

HTH

Greetz

Good morning _J@n_ ,

I have tried 127.0.0.1 to no avail. Can't figure out what could be wrong. ME keeps crashing and quits unexpectedly. You can find the problem report generated by OS X here, if helps.

Any ideas??

Best, CF
(2013-07-15, 05:22)capfuturo Wrote: Good morning _J@n_ ,

I have tried 127.0.0.1 to no avail. Can't figure out what could be wrong. ME keeps crashing and quits unexpectedly. You can find the problem report generated by OS X here, if helps.

Any ideas??

Best, CF

Hi CF,

Looked at your log and realized I have experience with Windows and some with Linux. This problem is a bit out of my league (sorry).

I think Komet should be looking in to this. He has written the code after all.

Until he does you might want to try to run ME (Windows version or Linux) in a virtual machine (Parallells??). You have plenty of memory and cores to spend so that should not be a problem.

I am sorry I can not help you any further Confused

Greetz,

_J@N_
Synology DS215+ - 8+6 TB | Synology DS211 - 4+4 TB - No RAID | Homebrew server Ubuntu server - 10 TB - LVM | Ubuntu Server 18.04.01 -10 TB - RAID5
(2013-07-15, 19:37)_J@n_ Wrote:
(2013-07-15, 05:22)capfuturo Wrote: Good morning _J@n_ ,

Any ideas??

Best, CF

Hi CF,

Looked at your log and realized I have experience with Windows and some with Linux. This problem is a bit out of my league (sorry).

I think Komet should be looking in to this. He has written the code after all.

Until he does you might want to try to run ME (Windows version or Linux) in a virtual machine (Parallells??). You have plenty of memory and cores to spend so that should not be a problem.

I am sorry I can not help you any further Confused

Greetz,

_J@N_

Good evening _J@N_,

Thank you so much for suggesting the alternative of running parallels, which I could try indeed should no fix to what is currently happening pops up. In the meantime, shall I pm Komet regarding this matter or is it enough with this post here?

Best wishes, CF
(2013-07-15, 21:15)capfuturo Wrote: Good evening _J@N_,

Thank you so much for suggesting the alternative of running parallels, which I could try indeed should no fix to what is currently happening pops up. In the meantime, shall I pm Komet regarding this matter or is it enough with this post here?

Best wishes, CF

Hi CF,

You might consider leaving a post at www.mediaelch.de. I just saw Komet has placed a reaction on the 14th of July.

He might be on holiday though. It is the season for it in Europe Wink

Greetz,

_J@N_
No, sadly I'm not on holiday, just too busy with other projects... That's also the reason why the next MediaElch release will still take some time :/
I'm also still reading this forum but don't have the time to answer regularly. So, there's no need to post bugs/problems again, I've noticed them Wink
All,

Quick question with respect to video_ts folder files...

Without changing the structure, I am able to find the files if the type is set to movie or concert, but if I change it to tv show, the files are not found.

Does tv show support video_ts structures?

TIA,

AL
(2013-07-11, 22:17)pünktchen Wrote: ...
They are missing some capabilities like:
- more filter options (e.g. missing genre)
- multiediting of details
- search via context menu for tvshows
- maybe native xbmc scrapper support

Oh, the filters are integrated in the search bar. I better had read the manual :blush:
Sorry for that!
(2013-07-17, 04:52)alspoll Wrote: All,

Quick question with respect to video_ts folder files...

Without changing the structure, I am able to find the files if the type is set to movie or concert, but if I change it to tv show, the files are not found.

Does tv show support video_ts structures?

TIA,

AL

Got this to work... I had the folder naming incorrect for tv shows...

Another question regarding movie sets.Using the scraper, it never finds a match on TMDB using the correct collection name.

Is this feature working as expected or id this a bug?

TIA,

AL
Hi there,

thanks for this great piece of software. When I was last using XBMC under Linux there was no media manager around that would run under it.

A small thing that does not work as expected for me is the runtime combined with file stacking. I have a view movies that are divided into multiple parts (named correctly with cd1/cd2, CD1/CD2, part1/part2 or Part1/Part2). MediaElch seems to work fine with these stacked files, but for the runtime. It scrapes the runtime and saves ist correctly as <runtime>IN MINUTES</runtime>. It also detects the stream details, but it only looks at the first file of the stacked files. Therefore the detected runtime based on the stream is too short. It then saves this shorter runtime once more as <durationinseconds>IN SECONDS</durationinseconds> in the streamdetails section of the NFO file. Under Windows I used Ember before, which somehow was able to detect the combined runtime for all the stacked files. It would be great if MediaElch will be able to do the same.

EDIT: Another small detail: I have organized every movie in its own folder named like this: "Movie name (year) (language)". Often like this: "Movie name (year) (language, sub language)" or "Movie name (year) (language 1, language 2)". MediaElch uses the folder names to find the names for my movies. I added recent years (would a regular expression be possible for exclusion of all possible years?) and the language strings to the excluded words list. It now works for simple namings like "Movie name (year) (language)". But as soon as folder names with commas come into play it does not work anymore. Is ist possible to exclude commas somehow? Personally I think commas should be excluded by default.
Previously I've posted issues having Rocky Movies and Batman Movies show up in MediaElch (see page 81 for details).

Well, I noticed the same issue with the movies Aliens, after I replaced my DVD version with a BluRay version. Basically I deleted the Video_TS folder, and created an MP4 version of the BluRay Disc I have. Suddenly, no more Aliens in MediaElch.

So what I believe is happening, is that in each of these cases, the main movie is listed on the same drive, as the other movies. So the drive containing the folder Rocky, also has a folder called Rocky 2, Rocky 3, etc. The drive containing the folder Alien, also has a folder Aliens, and Alien 3. And the same for all my Batman movies.

By moving the folders onto a different drive (tested this with Aliens and the Batman movies), suddenly they would be picked up as 'New' in MediaElch. However, If I moved them back to the original drive with the first movie in the series (Alien, Batman, Rocky), MediaElch will no longer find them.

So I think this might be an issue with the way MediaElch lists 'Sets'. I haven't tested putting the movie folders under the root of the original movie (not something I want to do with all my movies that I have 'Sets' of), but this just feels like it is the issue.
Hi guys. Just installed ME, is it possible to run it standalone? Or i have to use XMBC? (Ubuntu x64 here).

Thanks!
(2013-07-25, 18:05)GAZ082 Wrote: Hi guys. Just installed ME, is it possible to run it standalone? Or i have to use XMBC? (Ubuntu x64 here).

Thanks!

ME runs just fine without XBMC. It exports NFO's and art to the folders containing your media. Each movie/series will get it's own NFO and art.

I use ME on a Linux box and export the NFO's and art to my media library stored on my NAS. Never had any problem with it (without XBMC that is Wink )

HTH

Greetz,

_J@n_
  • 58(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win (with music library scraping)9