• 11(current)
[RELEASE] Advanced Wake On Lan (WOL) Addon - Wake up a remote computer/server
Tried it with the server asleep....same thing, previous version worked fine.
I'm trying this addon on the original XBOX V1.0 on XBMC4Xbox 3.2.1-r31678. But I can't wake up my server. When I try to wake up my server from a notebook over wireless or from a desktop computer via LAN there's no problem at all. So the server is correctly configured.
The XBOX is also connected the the server like all my other desktop computers. Directly via LAN.

When I've a look at the xbmc.log, there are theses messages:
Code:
21:54:38 M: 22978560  NOTICE: -->Python Initialized<--
21:54:39 M: 20340736  NOTICE: script.advanced.wol: Starting WOL script
21:54:39 M: 20168704  NOTICE: script.advanced.wol: WakeOnLan signal sent to MAC-Address XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX (MAC-Address is hidden)
21:54:39 M: 20148224   ERROR: CNetwork::WakeOnLan - Unable to create socket (No error)[/quote][/quote]
[/code]

I used Wireshark to analyze the data. There is no broadcast to the MAC-Address of the server. I only see a RIPv1 response from the router to broadcast.

Someone know how to fix this?
(2013-06-26, 05:01)Ghostdivision Wrote: Hmm im having errors with this latest version i did not previously have. My small server is awake currently when im testing but it was never an issue with the prior version, but its throwing out script failed or script error.

20:30:20 T:1224 ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
- NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
Error Type: <type 'exceptions.TypeError'>
Error Contents: cannot concatenate 'str' and 'float' objects
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\Users\HTPC\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\xbmc-script.advanced.wol-master\autostart.py", line 25, in <module>
print "script.advanced.wol: Start WOL script after return from standby (Standby took "+time.time()-previousTime+" sec.)"
TypeError: cannot concatenate 'str' and 'float' objects
-->End of Python script error report<--

sorry for the late reply, i was a bit busy. i have located the problem and fixed it in the current version (v.1.2.4) available for download here. could you please try if this fixes the problem for you, and the library-update-delay is now working as intended?
OK. I have used this before on windows based systems and have not had an issue. I recently installed XBMC on my new Ouya and have had no luck getting this to work.

Entered the DHCP client list from my router and copied over the mac address and IP (internal) to AWOL. but it does not seem to wake my server PC (running windows 7 64-bit).

Not even sure where to start. Any help would be highly appreciated.
I installed the 1.2.4 from the latest post and it shows version 1.2.3 in the Programs listing. Just wondering if this I have the correct version.
(2013-08-11, 21:31)thorin33 Wrote: I installed the 1.2.4 from the latest post and it shows version 1.2.3 in the Programs listing. Just wondering if this I have the correct version.
hmm, strange. the version from here should definitely read 1.2.4. please be sure to extract all files situated in the subfolter "xbmc-script.advanced.wol-master" inside the downloaded archive into your "<XBMC-profile-dir>\addons\script.advanced.wol" directory, replacing everything inside.
Can I not install from a zip file from within XBMC? I am using Openelec so not sure where the directory resides to manually copy the files.
does this script use "update library" or "scan for new content" ?
because "Scan for new content" will re-look in all locations of whatever is selected (per source, per folder, etc), while "Update library" will skip previously scanned items.
and so would be faster.
LibreElec Kodi | Aeon MQ ?
(2013-08-12, 07:19)thorin33 Wrote: Can I not install from a zip file from within XBMC? I am using Openelec so not sure where the directory resides to manually copy the files.

ah, ok. then i think i know, what the problem is. in the zip-file downloaded from GITHUB, the addon resides in a folder called "xbmc-script.advanced.wol-master", and XBMC also installs it in a folder called that. so, when you already have the addon installed normally via the XBMC-repository ina folder called "script.advanced.wol", the old version does not get overwritten.

i would suggest uninstalling the previous version via the addons-section within XBMC, and then reinstalling the new version from ZIP file. this should work.

(2013-08-12, 10:38)TRaSH Wrote: does this script use "update library" or "scan for new content" ?
it executes XBMC's build-in "UpdateLibrary" command.
thnx for the info,
was wondering why the update took that long.
but it was because of a video file in there that doesn't has a imdb entry (Disney's WOW: World of Wonder (Blu-ray))
LibreElec Kodi | Aeon MQ ?
System: RaspberryPi with Raspbmc installed.

The add-on works great. Wakes up back-end server when RaspberryPi starts up.
It can be run manually with no issues. The problem I'm having is the "activate wake-after-standby" does not work for me.
Did not see this problem in previous post. Does any one have an idea on what could be causing this?

Thanks
ncserjes[/size]
(2013-08-12, 21:28)mandark Wrote:
(2013-08-12, 07:19)thorin33 Wrote: Can I not install from a zip file from within XBMC? I am using Openelec so not sure where the directory resides to manually copy the files.

ah, ok. then i think i know, what the problem is. in the zip-file downloaded from GITHUB, the addon resides in a folder called "xbmc-script.advanced.wol-master", and XBMC also installs it in a folder called that. so, when you already have the addon installed normally via the XBMC-repository ina folder called "script.advanced.wol", the old version does not get overwritten.

i would suggest uninstalling the previous version via the addons-section within XBMC, and then reinstalling the new version from ZIP file. this should work.

I tried that but it stillshows version 1.2.3. Also I found that it would not run after waking up from standby. Reverted back to 1.2.2 and it it back to working.
Having problems with with add-on since restoring user data following a move from ubuntu to windows.
Advanced WOL wont work any more despite uninstalling add-on and updating to the latest version. I checked my logs and there is an entry which may be the culprit:
NOTICE: CWakeOnAccess::LoadFromXML - unable to load:C:\Users\XXXXX\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\wakeonlan.xml

Logs show that a magic packet is being sent to the correct mac address however??

Any help appreciated
Hi, is it poss to get this to wake more than one machine on startup via the config?
Is this plugin supported anymore?

I still can't get it to work despite uninstalling and reinstalling. It was working fine when running on xbmcubuntu with Frodo but now its not working.
Anybody help?
  • 11(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Advanced Wake On Lan (WOL) Addon - Wake up a remote computer/server1