• 5(current)
OUYA users: read this!
Thanks for expanding, appreciated. As a sponsor surely they should be open to fixing things on their end if it is within reach. Or can things be changed on xbmc to allow for fluent playback given a fixed refresh rate perhaps?
Hey Ned, I spent some time today setting up SuperSU and adb over network and took real screenshots for the wiki How-To's and some of my settings for playing 1080p & 720p plus info pics of playing like this one (1080P Hobbit):

(2013-08-05, 09:50)Hakarune Wrote: Hey Ned, I spent some time today setting up SuperSU and adb over network and took real screenshots for the wiki How-To's and some of my settings for playing 1080p & 720p plus info pics of playing like this one (1080P Hobbit):

Please post when done.
Nothing left in my right brain, Nothing right in my left brain :-P
(2013-07-02, 05:21)Ned Scott Wrote: See: http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=OUYA

Eventually, that page should evolve into a very nice OUYA-specific section with nice how-to pages, tips, and more. I will try to keep this updated, and others are invited to help as well, with various OUYA-specific information. Consider it the central location to collect all this info.

If you are unsure about editing the wiki yourself, feel free to leave a comment in this thread if you think something should be added/changed/etc.

Hey Ned, it seems my login to the wiki was wiped, could you set me up with an account again? I was going to replace the images and add more stuff; thanks.
(2013-07-27, 02:40)Ned Scott Wrote: I do have some ideas on how maybe to organize some "wanted tasks" list with pointers from the Team, so outside devs can see what's waiting to be done and where they can start to help. It's something I've been meaning to propose to the rest of the team. This is the kind of thing where it would be perfect, where it's a feature we want, but we just don't have enough hands to do it.
Sounds like a good idea, especially a many issues with Ouya depends on its firmware or down to third-party libraries instead of XBMC's own code.

For example HDMI CEC support which depends on Ouya's firmware and them adding support to Pulse-Eight's libcec library.

http://forums.ouya.tv/discussion/651/hdmi-cec-for-xbmc

And I think CEC support via libcec for native TV remote control usage is really important for XBMC to be a success on Ouya.

(2013-08-02, 20:28)Ned Scott Wrote: However, I would disagree that wifi can't handle HD. While I'd certainly say to avoid it whenever possible, most of the issues is that not all wifi is created equal.
Ouya's WiFi performance and stability is greatly improved in their latest firmware compared to its initial release version, so it is with that easy to see that much can be achieved with optimized firmware and drivers.

(2013-08-02, 20:28)Ned Scott Wrote: As for the refresh rate question, I'm not sure. I don't know if the limitation is set by Android itself, or just how a particular Android ROM is made.
Ouya's refresh rate current issues is possibly also just be a firmware, driver, or configuration issue, and not a limitation in Nvidia's Tegra 3 hardware.

Probably Ouya have not even looked at that particular issue themselves yet as they might only focusing on the North America market first.
(2013-08-05, 21:34)lartomar2002 Wrote:
(2013-08-05, 09:50)Hakarune Wrote: Hey Ned, I spent some time today setting up SuperSU and adb over network and took real screenshots for the wiki How-To's and some of my settings for playing 1080p & 720p plus info pics of playing like this one (1080P Hobbit):

Please post when done.

Okay I finished updating all the screenshots that I had and added 2 new sections "Examples" and "Recommended Settings."

Also I will test out videos with DTS (and if I can find a video with it, HD-DTS); 1080P Bray files with DTS and x.264 are rather large (have to clean up my server first).
How do you get the "info while playing" to show up with all the codec data? Is that the skin you're using that does it?
Great work! However, I'm not sure I understand the goal of the "Examples" page?
(2013-08-07, 10:59)stefer Wrote: How do you get the "info while playing" to show up with all the codec data? Is that the skin you're using that does it?

Press o on a keyboard. Enabling debug logging also shows some stats.

O key is not mapped to the ouya remote but iPhone remote apps also support this (official xbmcremote, double tap I or info)

Just requested a wiki logon. Stragngely when pressing o my cpu's all display 0%, I see in the screenshot below that Hakarune does have values. I am running the latest nightly installed yesterday, guess Hakarune is still on alpha 1.
(2013-08-07, 10:02)Hakarune Wrote:
(2013-08-05, 21:34)lartomar2002 Wrote:

Please post when done.

Okay I finished updating all the screenshots that I had and added 2 new sections "Examples" and "Recommended Settings."

Also I will test out videos with DTS (and if I can find a video with it, HD-DTS); 1080P Bray files with DTS and x.264 are rather large (have to clean up my server first).

http://www.demo-world.eu/trailers/high-d...ailers.php
Intel NUC BOXD34010WYK2 / Intel mSata 525 30GB / Kingston 8 GB / Intel 7260hmw
One question with regards to the recommendend settings for audio. The screenshot shows: analog and 3.1. I notice my settings are unchanged at analog and 2.0

I see I can select analog, HDMI and optical where the ouya only has HDMI so a little surprised to have audio with analog selected. Guess it also depends on what your HDMI is hooked-up to (receiver, tv). Mine is plugged directly into a tv. Will try and test some more to see what works and possibly add that to the wiki to make sure it works for everyone regardless of setup.
The first audio output option is actually meaningless. It's just a toggle for other options. The important one is the one further down that says "output device".
Thanks. Just tested and indeed I get audio with it set to analog, HDMI or optical, every time with 2.0 as I have a stereo sony TV.. Just to check: wouldnt HDMI be recommended here, as it then lets me choose what kind of signal my receiving device can handle, as I am sending to my TV I disabled "DTS capable"and if I understand correctly that will mean xbmc will change DTS to stereo and send that over HDMI. only HDMI lets me pick that.
"HDMI" option enables those passthrough option switches. When the switches are disabled, they are set to off. So it should be the same either way if you want to have those options turned off.

Hopefully in XBMC v13 we'll have that settings page revamped to include options that are better organized. It's actually been "one of those things" we've been meaning to improve upon for a while :)
Thanks, appreciate the explanation. Will add it to the wiki (if my account request is approved) for reference to others for the time being. Will do some more testing first though on my openelec machine downstairs which is hoked up to a receiver that tells me what signal it gets. Quickly set it to analog 5.1 and then it will only receive analog 2.0, so my hypothesis is now that if someone actually needs 5.1 sent to an amp that this must be set to HDMI to accomplish that. Will test more later.
  • 5(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OUYA users: read this!2