• 28(current)
FFmpeg version bump + XBMC add-on patches.
Hells yes thank you Memphiz!
I knew deep down you cared Wink
No i hate subs and all people who are thinking that xbmc is worthless without it ... but what gives... Big Grin

It won't break on any ffmpeg bump ... just if ffmpeg changes special internal behaviour and we are not aware of it ...
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
I see..
Maybe i misplaced my words..
Xbmc isnt worthless without subs.. But for me this is a big deal.. And for my kids alsoWink

Anyhow thanks for caring and fixing although you dont care!
Memphiz hi.

I don't use subs but I know I have alot of mkv movies with forced subs selected as there in the mkv files and because alot of movies these days have none speaking English parts in the movie u need subs.

But I don't know if that's related to this problem

Just thought I would post as subs are very important for that reason.

Cheers
@Memphiz - there's a lot of other legitimate uses for subs - hearing impaired, watching when kids are asleep, etc. .. which I am sure you know.

So all the more kudos to you for working on it when it's not important to you...rest assured, others are very grateful (for this and indeed all the rest!).
Addons I wrote &/or maintain:
OzWeather (Australian BOM weather) | Check Previous Episode | Playback Resumer | Unpause Jumpback | XSqueezeDisplay | (Legacy - XSqueeze & XZen)
Sorry, no help w/out a *full debug log*.
Everyone has his preferences. Personnaly, i hate dubbing, i want to watch movies in their original version.
But i perfectly understand the other way round.
And, for a deaf peoples, i truly think xbmc without subs will probably be worthless for theim...
Nevertheless, thanks for your work.
Yeah and keep in mind that only pgs subs were affected ... just keep that dramatic style low and we won't be annoyed. ;o)

And yes - i am definitly some kind of an asshole sometimes. But thats normal when your brain seems to explode on a daily basis ...
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
pgs is bluray sub's format, right?
yes da-anda, PGS-(Presentation Grapic Stream), is an advanced subtitle stream for HD DVD and Bluray Disc, and fix work fine, tested in windows O.S, great work Memphiz.
MediaBrazil forum Website - Youtube Channel
MQ9-1.6.0.29 - 09.15.2023 - Aeon MQ Skin Team
MarcosQui Website Donate and support us.
Latest Gotham build still doesn't support HLS that needs cookies
Maybe offtopic:
Bumping FFmpeg to 2.0 need one patch, 0024-add-public-version-of-ff_read_frame_flush.patch and the API av_frame_get_metadata is moved from avcodec to avutil
Don't forget to add #include "libavutil/frame.h" to DllAvUtil.h
Silverstone Grandia GD02-MT | AMD A8-3850 | Breakaway Audio Enhancer, HK AVR-365 | HKTS 30, Philips 50PFL7956H/12 21:9 3D
What is gotham using now? Which version of ffmpeg? 1.2 or 2.0?
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Thx
(2013-03-17, 15:38)elupus Wrote: I would very much like to see us getting the 1.2 release. That is the final release before the new refcounted frames stuff. After that will be a messier update.
Hi,

using ffmpeg master with xbmc master basically works, but when starting to
play an ac3/dts movie or an ac3 tv channel each time a short crackling sound
can be heard over the HDMI connection before the audio playback starts

Using git bisect I tracked down the problem to this commit
http://git.videolan.org/gitweb.cgi/ffmpe...dbe4d196d1
where refcounted frames were introduced. With earlier ffmpeg commits the
problem does not exist, nor does it exist in ffmpeg 1.2.4.

Judging your comment I suppose some work has to be done within xbmc to
solve the problem, so I stayed away from opening a ticket at ffmpeg.org.

System in use:
ASRock Z87 Extreme4
Intel Haswell i3-4330T using the onboard GPU
Linux 3.11.9

Do you need more infos?
Kodi 19.5-Matrix/OpenGLES/gbm (+ PR19558 ) - Linux kernel 5.14.21 x86_64 - ffmpeg 4.4-git (+ patch )
Mesa 22.3.7 with iris driver - VA-API version 1.16.0 + Intel iHD driver version 22.6.3 - libdrm 2.4.116 - libcec 6.0.2
Intel i9-11900T - ASRock Z590 Extreme - BIOS version 2.20
  • 28(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
FFmpeg version bump + XBMC add-on patches.0