• 18(current)
WMC as the backend - released
(2013-09-06, 21:11)bebegoat Wrote: Hey hoops.
I have had mixed success, I can't tell if the issues that i am having are of my own creation (its almost a skill, I swear) or if they are because of the wmc_pvr. I am using an HD Homerun Prime with a Cablecard (comcast) on a Win7 x64. Seems like the connection to the backend drops some times and I have a delay in getting recordings to go, but Krusty has been super responsive and I'm sure if they aren't caused by me, the kinks will get worked out.

Yes I'm sure things will be worked out, I plan to hang in there and continue testing for Krusty, the better this get the better we're off. One thing I've noticed is WMC being enabled use a lot of systems resources. My only issue lately is I see a little hitch inn my video every now and then, but as far as channel changing speeds I'm happy, I'm getting from 6 to 7 seconds. One other issue I've run into, I have recordings I did when I was running mediaportal, but they're not showing up since moving to WMC_pvr. these files are all .ts so i'm not really understanding. But so far so good. I have no experience with HD Homerun so not much feedback I can give. I'm running all hauppage. HDPVR and 2 hauppauge 1600 cards. All is well, QAM channels are solid and Digital channels from cable box via HD-PVR are great.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Office
: Google TV | Kodi 20.0 | Samsung 50"                         \  Movies: 2734

Master Bedroom: Google TV | Kodi 20.0 | Samsung 43"     \  Music: Artist 220 |  Albums 1001 | Songs 106995
TheaterGoogle TV | Kodi  20.0 | Samsung 75"                    \  TV Shows: 62 |  Seasons 218 | Episodes 3858
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Update:

The good news is I may have found a way to speed channel changing up further. The bads news is a family issue has come up that is going to call me away for the weekend. I gave the latest I had this morning (made changes since then) to scarecrow, he has been making architectural changes on the server side, I hope he'll have time this weekend to merge the two. Maybe we can have something for you guys to test on Monday or Tuesday. Sorry about about the delay.

I have had mixed success, I can't tell if the issues that i am having are of my own creation (its almost a skill, I swear) or if they are because of the wmc_pvr. I am using an HD Homerun Prime with a Cablecard (comcast) on a Win7 x64. Seems like the connection to the backend drops some times and I have a delay in getting recordings to go, but Krusty has been super responsive and I'm sure if they aren't caused by me, the kinks will get worked out.

Can you send me a log from when you lose connection? Have you checked if other software might be using the port pvr.wmc is using?

What do you mean by a delay in getting recordings to go?
Windows Media Center PVR addon (pvr.wmc) and server backend (ServerWMC)
http://bit.ly/serverwmc
(2013-09-06, 21:22)hoopsdavis Wrote:

Yes I'm sure things will be worked out, I plan to hang in there and continue testing for Krusty, the better this get the better we're off. One thing I've noticed is WMC being enabled use a lot of systems resources. My only issue lately is I see a little hitch inn my video every now and then, but as far as channel changing speeds I'm happy, I'm getting from 6 to 7 seconds. One other issue I've run into, I have recordings I did when I was running mediaportal, but they're not showing up since moving to WMC_pvr. these files are all .ts so i'm not really understanding. But so far so good. I have no experience with HD Homerun so not much feedback I can give. I'm running all hauppage. HDPVR and 2 hauppauge 1600 cards. All is well, QAM channels are solid and Digital channels from cable box via HD-PVR are great.

If I understand you right, you want your old 'ts' files to show up in the recordings listing in pvr.wmc. Currently my software queries the wmc server service to get a list of the recordings it knows about and it only reports wtv files. I could modify the code to list other formats fairly easily, but getting the meta data on these to work will be more work. If that's an important feature I can add it to the todo list if you want.

Btw, I appreciate the testing and the patience. I decided that the wife test is too hard, my goal now is getting you to change your sig. Smile
Quote:Can you send me a log from when you lose connection? Have you checked if other software might be using the port pvr.wmc is using?

What do you mean by a delay in getting recordings to go?

I will do so the next time it happens. I had the add-in configured to the ip of the machine, but changed it back to localhost. This caused it to reconnect successfully. The delay that I am talking about with regards to recording is as follows:
I choose to record and xbmc reports that the recording is scheduled. After a minute (could be less tbh), it then starts recording.
When I stop recording I get the following message - "PVR backend error. Check the log for details. An unexpected error occurred. Try again later or check the lo..."

If I press Ok it stops the recording I was doing and starts a new one.
(2013-09-07, 05:19)krustyreturns Wrote:
(2013-09-06, 21:22)hoopsdavis Wrote:

If I understand you right, you want your old 'ts' files to show up in the recordings listing in pvr.wmc. Currently my software queries the wmc server service to get a list of the recordings it knows about and it only reports wtv files. I could modify the code to list other formats fairly easily, but getting the meta data on these to work will be more work. If that's an important feature I can add it to the todo list if you want.

Btw, I appreciate the testing and the patience. I decided that the wife test is too hard, my goal now is getting you to change your sig. Smile

Not so worried about the .ts files, I just had a few I hadn't watched yet. One think you may be able to give me a few tips on, when using the wmc_server as pvr, my video is a bit jumpy, I'll get the slow motion picture for seconds then it'll go back to normally but it happens too often to enjoy live tv. any ideas what I should look at to correct this. The picture is fine when I checked in from Windows Media Center but in xbmc with the wmc_server software I get the slow motion issue. (This only happens for seconds but it happens ever minute or so.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Office

Master Bedroom: Google TV | Kodi 20.0 | Samsung 43"     \  Music: Artist 220 |  Albums 1001 | Songs 106995
TheaterGoogle TV | Kodi  20.0 | Samsung 75"                    \  TV Shows: 62 |  Seasons 218 | Episodes 3858
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(2013-09-07, 06:33)bebegoat Wrote: I will do so the next time it happens. I had the add-in configured to the ip of the machine, but changed it back to localhost. This caused it to reconnect successfully. The delay that I am talking about with regards to recording is as follows:
I choose to record and xbmc reports that the recording is scheduled. After a minute (could be less tbh), it then starts recording.
When I stop recording I get the following message - "PVR backend error. Check the log for details. An unexpected error occurred. Try again later or check the lo..."

I can't reproduce this. I start a recording of something that is on now, I do this by using the context menu in the guide view or the channel view. xbmc then reports that the recording has been scheduled. If the taskbar is visible, I check for the little red 'rec' circle. There is maybe a 10s delay until it shows up. I then use the context menu in the channel listing to stop the recording, also stopping from the context menu in the guide view, and by directly deleting the timer, and I don't get an error - the recording just stops. How are you stopping the recording?

I forget, was this error in the last log you PM's me?
(2013-09-07, 06:36)hoopsdavis Wrote: Not so worried about the .ts files, I just had a few I hadn't watched yet. One think you may be able to give me a few tips on, when using the wmc_server as pvr, my video is a bit jumpy, I'll get the slow motion picture for seconds then it'll go back to normally but it happens too often to enjoy live tv. any ideas what I should look at to correct this. The picture is fine when I checked in from Windows Media Center but in xbmc with the wmc_server software I get the slow motion issue. (This only happens for seconds but it happens ever minute or so.

Is the client on the same machine as the server, if not what's the network connection? When the video freezes are you getting the 'buffering' popup in the corner of xbmc? If you pause the video, say for 15 seconds, and the start it playing again, does it still freeze? Could this only happen with the 'margo' build?

FYI, I did notice a problem on the client side with live streams that I have fixed, it will be out in the next release. It didn't cause freezing on my system when I watch live tv, but on a different system its possible.

Nice sig.
(2013-09-07, 06:56)krustyreturns Wrote:
(2013-09-07, 06:33)bebegoat Wrote: I will do so the next time it happens. I had the add-in configured to the ip of the machine, but changed it back to localhost. This caused it to reconnect successfully. The delay that I am talking about with regards to recording is as follows:

I can't reproduce this. I start a recording of something that is on now, I do this by using the context menu in the guide view or the channel view. xbmc then reports that the recording has been scheduled. If the taskbar is visible, I check for the little red 'rec' circle. There is maybe a 10s delay until it shows up. I then use the context menu in the channel listing to stop the recording, also stopping from the context menu in the guide view, and by directly deleting the timer, and I don't get an error - the recording just stops. How are you stopping the recording?

I forget, was this error in the last log you PM's me?

It should be. I can try and create another log tomorrow morning and send it to you.
(2013-09-07, 07:07)krustyreturns Wrote:
(2013-09-07, 06:36)hoopsdavis Wrote: Not so worried about the .ts files, I just had a few I hadn't watched yet. One think you may be able to give me a few tips on, when using the wmc_server as pvr, my video is a bit jumpy, I'll get the slow motion picture for seconds then it'll go back to normally but it happens too often to enjoy live tv. any ideas what I should look at to correct this. The picture is fine when I checked in from Windows Media Center but in xbmc with the wmc_server software I get the slow motion issue. (This only happens for seconds but it happens ever minute or so.

Is the client on the same machine as the server, if not what's the network connection? When the video freezes are you getting the 'buffering' popup in the corner of xbmc? If you pause the video, say for 15 seconds, and the start it playing again, does it still freeze? Could this only happen with the 'margo' build?

FYI, I did notice a problem on the client side with live streams that I have fixed, it will be out in the next release. It didn't cause freezing on my system when I watch live tv, but on a different system its possible.

Nice sig.

Hey Krusty, the bedroom client is on the same machine as server, the living room is client only.
there are no buffering popups. After examining closer its not really freezing, I'm seeing a jump in the video, maybe a frame or two each time. Noticeable and annoying but I'm sure there's a way to work it out. Maybe the next release will resolve it. I'm also wondering if the WMC and xbmc both running is there a way to cut back on the system resources they're using.
After pausing the video, I'm still see the issue. I haven't tested on a different xbmc build yet. But I'll give that a try on the next release.

(Krusty, check the signature) Smile
Office

Tested the WMC server today. Far more stable than NextPVR and MediaPortal regarding my set up which consists of an HD HomeRun dual ota tuner, and two Hauppage USB tuners. Channel logos were imported as well.

Yes it is slow when changing channels, but my only issue that I'm concerned about is Dolby Digital audio for Broadcast TV. This seemed to have broken my ability to play Lossy Audio for both love tv and my movies.

I adjusted the audio settings within XBMC to disable Dolby Digital, DTS, and AAC support. This fixes playback for live tv, movies, and recorded tv shows, but of course those audio formats are gone.

I decided to disable the WMC plugin and go back to NextPVR until this can be resolved. I use WMC for live broadcasts by default because Live TV within XBMC is too sensitive when it comes to weak ota signals and crashes far too often as a result.

Keep up the good work guys because this is very promising!!!
It was working for me last week, but was working on other XBMC settings and closed the server. Now I'm starting the server today and receive:

"Error on device" HDHomerun Prime-Tuner xxxxx-0, 1, & 2" can't load channels"
I click OK
"No c hannels found in WMC database, set up WMC and try again.

My WMC works normally w/ no problems. My "Other XBMC settings" I was working on was exporting channels as .strms and configuring channels w/ PseudoTV Live. Sort of related, but I dont think caused it to stop working do u?
Do you have the PVR Client located in your addons folder?

Try uninstalling the wmc_server app and try again.
Office

Great work!!! So far this is working great for me on my HTPC and my laptop. The WMC server is running on the HTPC. It was very easy to set-up. I even get channel logos. Great job and THANKS SO MUCH!

One question.... should the linux version of the plugin work on any of the builds for the Raspberry Pi, or is that a completely different animal?

Thanks
(2013-09-08, 20:08)lennon105 Wrote: Great work!!! So far this is working great for me on my HTPC and my laptop. The WMC server is running on the HTPC. It was very easy to set-up. I even get channel logos. Great job and THANKS SO MUCH!

One question.... should the linux version of the plugin work on any of the builds for the Raspberry Pi, or is that a completely different animal?

Thanks

lennon, I'm curious. How's your video, any brief freezing, hesitation or jumping in your liveTV video?
Office

HD = yes. Same problem as you. SD is ok.
  • 18(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
WMC as the backend - released9