• 20(current)
WMC as the backend - released
(2013-09-10, 05:50)Dilligaf Wrote: Raspbmc has preliminary WMC PVR support here http://forum.stmlabs.com/showthread.php?tid=10553 please test and report any issues. Note that these are experimental builds and there may be other issues. Official builds are planned for later this month if all goes well.

Thanks for doing this Dilligaf, that's great news.
Windows Media Center PVR addon (pvr.wmc) and server backend (ServerWMC)
http://bit.ly/serverwmc
@krustyreturns can you add a link to the first post of this thread if you feel it warrants it?? Thanks
If I have been of help, please add to my reputation as a way of saying thanks, it's free.
(2013-09-10, 17:08)Dilligaf Wrote: @krustyreturns can you add a link to the first post of this thread if you feel it warrants it?? Thanks

Do you want me to post on the raspbmc thread you started and link to the start of this tread? or? Whatever is I'll do it, just let me know.
(2013-09-10, 17:11)krustyreturns Wrote:
(2013-09-10, 17:08)Dilligaf Wrote: @krustyreturns can you add a link to the first post of this thread if you feel it warrants it?? Thanks

Do you want me to post on the raspbmc thread you started and link to the start of this tread? or? Whatever is I'll do it, just let me know.
Just add a link to the Raspbmc thread to the first post of this thread, it makes it easier for people to find/see it. The Raspbmc thread already points here.
If I have been of help, please add to my reputation as a way of saying thanks, it's free.
(2013-09-10, 17:13)Dilligaf Wrote:
(2013-09-10, 17:11)krustyreturns Wrote:

Just add a link to the Raspbmc thread to the first post of this thread, it makes it easier for people to find/see it. The Raspbmc thread already points here.

Ok, done. Thanks again.
(2013-09-10, 01:54)partypage Wrote: Thanks to Krusty I can finally watch live TV on xbmc with ease! I also wanted to confirm HD streams on frodo 12.2 play smooth but with longer channel change time. While the Margo build changes faster, my video will studder every 30 to 40 seconds.
Keep up the excellent work, you are the f-ing man!

Thanks, I appreciate that. The new version of the server when its released should improve your channel change speed.

(2013-09-08, 20:08)lennon105 Wrote: Great work!!! So far this is working great for me on my HTPC and my laptop. The WMC server is running on the HTPC. It was very easy to set-up. I even get channel logos. Great job and THANKS SO MUCH!

One question.... should the linux version of the plugin work on any of the builds for the Raspberry Pi, or is that a completely different animal?

Thanks

Sorry I missed this. Its different, but a nightly build of raspbmc is out for test now, so give it a try.
is there a testing build of this for the xbmc test builds / Nightly?
(2013-09-11, 07:51)JustinBeaird Wrote: is there a testing build of this for the xbmc test builds / Nightly?

Not yet, we are still focused on frodo.
Help! I was watching live TV last night. After about an hour the playback froze on XBMC and a couple seconds later XBMC showed "pause". I couldn't unpause it so exited XBMC. Now today I was curious and looked into my system and in the users\public\Recorded TV\ There is TempXBMC and what I found is a file LiveTV_Win8HTPC_ATSC_2.1_2013_09_10_18_57_20.ts from last night (10Gb) but also LiveTV_Win8HTPC_ATSC_2.1_2013_09_10_18_57_20.wtv and that file is 96Gb with a "modified date" of NOW. That doesn't seem right? Looking at my log, the livetv in question seems to start at line 1162 and then I guess goes OK until line 1340 ERROR(type:1) pops up and things get messed up from there.

Also looking in the server log I see it is looking for a file GenreDict.xml and EPG seems to log errors on "missing genre for keyword". I can't find any reference anywhere for that file?

Finally, I have channel icons on the local client, but don't get them on the networked client. How is that supposed to work?

Log is at pastebin: http://pastebin.com/DaaNDuU9

scott s.
(2013-09-12, 00:52)scott967 Wrote: Help! I was watching live TV last night. After about an hour the playback froze on XBMC and a couple seconds later XBMC showed "pause". I couldn't unpause it so exited XBMC. Now today I was curious and looked into my system and in the users\public\Recorded TV\ There is TempXBMC and what I found is a file LiveTV_Win8HTPC_ATSC_2.1_2013_09_10_18_57_20.ts from last night (10Gb) but also LiveTV_Win8HTPC_ATSC_2.1_2013_09_10_18_57_20.wtv and that file is 96Gb with a "modified date" of NOW. That doesn't seem right? Looking at my log, the livetv in question seems to start at line 1162 and then I guess goes OK until line 1340 ERROR(type:1) pops up and things get messed up from there.

Also looking in the server log I see it is looking for a file GenreDict.xml and EPG seems to log errors on "missing genre for keyword". I can't find any reference anywhere for that file?

Finally, I have channel icons on the local client, but don't get them on the networked client. How is that supposed to work?

scott s.

Sorry about that. The remuxer crashed at something we call the '20 minute' problem, and it looks like the tuner wasn't successfully shut down after that. Restarting the server should clean these files up (or you can delete tempxbmc yourself if you want). Also the genre dictionary not being loaded was a bug in the redesign of the installer that wasn't caught before it was released.

That's the bad news. The good news is all of the above has been addressed in the new version of the server. I will be putting it up shortly.

I am not sure what's going on with your channel icons, it is supposed to just work on the remote client. I'll look into it and request more info if I need it.
(2013-09-12, 01:35)krustyreturns Wrote:
(2013-09-12, 00:52)scott967 Wrote: Help! I was watching live TV last night. After about an hour the playback froze on XBMC and a couple seconds later XBMC showed "pause". I couldn't unpause it so exited XBMC. Now today I was curious and looked into my system and in the users\public\Recorded TV\ There is TempXBMC and what I found is a file LiveTV_Win8HTPC_ATSC_2.1_2013_09_10_18_57_20.ts from last night (10Gb) but also LiveTV_Win8HTPC_ATSC_2.1_2013_09_10_18_57_20.wtv and that file is 96Gb with a "modified date" of NOW. That doesn't seem right? Looking at my log, the livetv in question seems to start at line 1162 and then I guess goes OK until line 1340 ERROR(type:1) pops up and things get messed up from there.

scott s.

Sorry about that. The remuxer crashed at something we call the '20 minute' problem, and it looks like the tuner wasn't successfully shut down after that. Restarting the server should clean these files up (or you can delete tempxbmc yourself if you want). Also the genre dictionary not being loaded was a bug in the redesign of the installer that wasn't caught before it was released.

That's the bad news. The good news is all of the above has been addressed in the new version of the server. I will be putting it up shortly.

I am not sure what's going on with your channel icons, it is supposed to just work on the remote client. I'll look into it and request more info if I need it.

scott967, check your networked client under > Settings > Live TV > Menu/OSD There you can check is the "Default Folder for PVR Thumbnails" is pointing to the wrong location. I had to point my networked client to the folder holding my channel icons.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Office
: Google TV | Kodi 20.0 | Samsung 50"                         \  Movies: 2734

Master Bedroom: Google TV | Kodi 20.0 | Samsung 43"     \  Music: Artist 220 |  Albums 1001 | Songs 106995
TheaterGoogle TV | Kodi  20.0 | Samsung 75"                    \  TV Shows: 62 |  Seasons 218 | Episodes 3858
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi everybody,

A new version of the server and client is up on the web site. You can view the change log for details, but the main difference in the server is improved channel-change speed and scarecrow420's re-factoring of the project code. Also a number of bugs were fixed, including genre coloring and the deletion of recorded tv files.

The client addon contains a minor change too, its not necessary to upgrade the client to get it to work, but the server/client communication will be more efficient if you do.

Thanks to scarecrow420 for his changes and his cleaning up of the code. Also I want to thank hoopsdavis for his super fast testing before this release, he discovered a number of key bugs and has saved us a lot of time.

--kr
Krustyreturns, perhaps link the rpi thread on the google page to keep everything consistent?
first_time_user (wiki) | free content (wiki) | forum rules (wiki) | PVR (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)

IMPORTANT:
The official Kodi version does not contain any content what so ever. This means that you should provide your own content from a local or remote storage location, DVD, Blu-Ray or any other media carrier that you own. Additionally Kodi allows you to install third-party plugins that may provide access to content that is freely available on the official content provider website. The watching or listening of illegal or pirated content which would otherwise need to be paid for is not endorsed or approved by Team Kodi.
This may be redundant information, but I wanted to post it just in case anybody has the same issue I did in the future. This information is specifically about the raspberry pi, but I imagine is applicable to any front end.

I installed the raspberry pi front end on Raspbmc. It connected to the server fine and I was able to tune to a channel and select recorded tv to watch. My problem was that I got audio but no video.

I purchased the mpeg-2 license from the raspberry pi store, updated the pi with the license, and rebooted. I now have audio & video. Live and recorded tv played fine (though I had only a short time to test).

Thank you Krusty and the rest of the guys who have worked on this. I am truly grateful.
(2013-09-12, 04:23)krustyreturns Wrote: Hi everybody,

A new version of the server and client is up on the web site. You can view the change log for details, but the main difference in the server is improved channel-change speed and scarecrow420's re-factoring of the project code. Also a number of bugs were fixed, including genre coloring and the deletion of recorded tv files.

The client addon contains a minor change too, its not necessary to upgrade the client to get it to work, but the server/client communication will be more efficient if you do.

Thanks to scarecrow420 for his changes and his cleaning up of the code. Also I want to thank hoopsdavis for his super fast testing before this release, he discovered a number of key bugs and has saved us a lot of time.

--kr

Krusty everything seems to be running great, no issues since the most recent build (1063).
I think I'll add another tuner to my system this weekend and see how the serverWMC responds, I'll touch base with you after testing.

I'm currently getting channel change speeds of Qam: 4 seconds. Digital (connect to set-top-box) 6.5 seconds.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Office
: Google TV | Kodi 20.0 | Samsung 50"                         \  Movies: 2734

Master Bedroom: Google TV | Kodi 20.0 | Samsung 43"     \  Music: Artist 220 |  Albums 1001 | Songs 106995
TheaterGoogle TV | Kodi  20.0 | Samsung 75"                    \  TV Shows: 62 |  Seasons 218 | Episodes 3858
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• 20(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
WMC as the backend - released9