• 115(current)
Intel NUC - Ivy Bridge (3rd Generation CPU)
They're both the same.
Modded MK1 NUC - CLICK ----- NUC Wiki - CLICK

Bay Trail NUC FTW!

I've donated, have you?

cheers
(2013-09-18, 05:29)nickr Wrote: Loose cable? overheating? bad psu? faulty drive?

The PXE message is because it cannot find the hard drive so tries a PXE boot over the network. Presumably you don't have PXE booting set up so it fails that too.

Couldnt tell you, but I doubt any of those. I literally pulled out the power connector from the back of the unit and then plugged it back in 30seconds later. Booted it up, and everything was fine.
Haswell NUC i5 First review, not bad Cool

http://www.legitreviews.com/intel-nuc-ki...wer_124251
43 db under load. Definitely not silent but I guess not bad considering youve got the power of an i5. Not digging the mini HDMI, means another adapter/cable to deal with but oh well.

At full load only 25 watts, nice.

Ernie
It's more the Power of an i3 Wink

Quote:Up To 2.6GHz Dual-Core

I don't know why they call it an i5
I can't wait for the release of the new i3 nuc!

Do you think the HD4400 is capable of playing 4k material? I'm thinking in long terms, as I don't want to change the system in the next few years...
Haswell Nuc i5 - Abel H2 case - 8GB RAM (Crucial) - Samsung 830 128GB SSD - Win 8.1 - XBMC 13 Beta 1 - Aeon MQ 5 - Harmony 600
Dreambox 7020HD - Sundtek DVB-S2 + C
It is since months.... here is a screenshot with xbmc: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/5572...vaapi2.png

4K decode is one thing - 4K output another. I pushed a fix to xbmc, so that 4K decoding is enabled, when intel va driver is new enough. No idea on the windows side though.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Thanks for your answer. I'm not sure I understood it, though. You say it's playable, but the output is questionable? I don't think I'll be using windows, I plan to use openelec or xbmc on a linux distro.
Haswell Nuc i5 - Abel H2 case - 8GB RAM (Crucial) - Samsung 830 128GB SSD - Win 8.1 - XBMC 13 Beta 1 - Aeon MQ 5 - Harmony 600
Dreambox 7020HD - Sundtek DVB-S2 + C
I have played 4K vidoes without an issue on my 1080p screen. I don't have a 4K TV around to test actual 4K output.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
(2013-09-19, 10:14)fritsch Wrote: I don't have a 4K TV around to test actual 4K output.
We'll have to up the donations Smile
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Lol - no, checkout master branch, build it and run it on yours and report back.
Does the brand matter, I have 3 different 4K in house.

Oh, no, just waked up and it was only a dream. Sad
(2013-09-19, 06:42)-DDD- Wrote: It's more the Power of an i3 Wink

Quote:Up To 2.6GHz Dual-Core

I don't know why they call it an i5

Huh...look at that, I didnt even notice that. WTH?!
(2013-09-16, 13:15)-DDD- Wrote: OpenELEC Stable - Intel x86_64 Version:3.2.0 2013-09-13 22:10:50 100.2 MB 1917

I presume this works fine with the celeron 847 too?
  • 115(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Intel NUC - Ivy Bridge (3rd Generation CPU)24