• 50(current)
WMC as the backend - released
Wow. Using WMC as a back end works extremely well. Much better than I expected. Congratulations and thanks for the effort pulling this together.

I still have some playing around to do but a couple of questions.

1. It seems to take a long time to change channels especially compared to changing channels within WMC. Is there an opportunity to improve the performance her?
2. This probably has nothing to do with using WMC as a back end but is there are beeter channel guide format available? All I have seen is the list of channels and what is currently scheduled. I am looking for something similar to the channel guide in WMC.

Although the way I have XMBC and WMC configured, switching back and forth between the two works well, I would love to be able to stay inside of XBMC all of the time.
Few questions

How do you set a series recording? The only way I can think of is to manually set each episode to record.

Is there a way to group recordings so that all the recordings for the same show are together similar to the way Directv lists recordings?

Is there a way to have different ways to list the recording for example a tile view or larger list view.
(2013-10-01, 04:06)krustyreturns Wrote:
(2013-09-30, 21:45)scarecrow420 Wrote: Good to see another server release krusty Smile

As I mentioned a little while ago, I'm going on vacation to Europe until late in October so whilst I may stop by in the thread if I have the chance, I wont be able to contribute development wise until I get back. Good luck all Smile

Have a great vacation Scarecrow, and don't forget to come back!

Can anyone who isn't running windows clients confirm whether icons are being imported from wmc and working?

I am running windows clients and the channel icons work great with the latest server build. I am also running RASPBMC which is not getting channel icons.
Good morning

Silly question, but... when trying to install the backend within XBMC12.2 (client downloaded from http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Add-on:PVR.WMC ), I get a 'Dependencies not met'

Looking at the debug log, here is what I have:

15:13:13 T:4912 DEBUG: Addon pvr.wmc requires xbmc.pvr version 1.6.0 which is not available

This is a fresh XBMC install, nothing specific done

Any insight ?

Thanks and regards

Vincent
Note: I resolved the above by doing a manual install

Out of the box, this seems to work almost fine.

SD (MPEG2) channels play nicely
HD (h264) channels however play very badly (major stutters mainly)

The same system/config can play BD content just fine, and it can also play WTV h264 from the same channel.

Server is setup to issue TS, I cannot seem to change it to WTV (option is greyed out)

This seems to nicely integrate otherwise, especially EPG data
(2013-10-02, 10:28)sgibbers17 Wrote: Few questions

How do you set a series recording? The only way I can think of is to manually set each episode to record.

Is there a way to group recordings so that all the recordings for the same show are together similar to the way Directv lists recordings?

Is there a way to have different ways to list the recording for example a tile view or larger list view.

Series Recordings: go to the show in the epg guide, select your info button on the remote. (here you'll get a pop up) select "Record" after selecting "Yes" you'll get another pop up. On this pop up you'll get the options for "Recording Preference" there you'll be able to select if you want to record single episode of series, after your selection, click "OK" and you're done. (The steps listed are based on the original Confluence skin)

Grouping recordings: I think that's something you'll have to speak to the skinner about

Recording Listings: Another request you'll have to send to the skinner.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Office
: Google TV | Kodi 20.0 | Samsung 50"                         \  Movies: 2734

Master Bedroom: Google TV | Kodi 20.0 | Samsung 43"     \  Music: Artist 220 |  Albums 1001 | Songs 106995
TheaterGoogle TV | Kodi  20.0 | Samsung 75"                    \  TV Shows: 62 |  Seasons 218 | Episodes 3858
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok, I apologize in advance. I looked and searched etc etc...

Can someone please tell me how to get this configured for XBIAN on the raspberry pi?

Thanks
(2013-10-02, 18:07)solidstinch Wrote: Ok, I apologize in advance. I looked and searched etc etc...

Can someone please tell me how to get this configured for XBIAN on the raspberry pi?

Thanks

I believe its openelec.tv only. Check first post
first_time_user (wiki) | free content (wiki) | forum rules (wiki) | PVR (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)

IMPORTANT:
The official Kodi version does not contain any content what so ever. This means that you should provide your own content from a local or remote storage location, DVD, Blu-Ray or any other media carrier that you own. Additionally Kodi allows you to install third-party plugins that may provide access to content that is freely available on the official content provider website. The watching or listening of illegal or pirated content which would otherwise need to be paid for is not endorsed or approved by Team Kodi.
(2013-10-02, 10:28)sgibbers17 Wrote: Is there a way to group recordings so that all the recordings for the same show are together similar to the way Directv lists recordings?

I could not find a way to do this grouping from inside of the addon interface, and I tried asking on the devel forum but received no answer. I gave up and figured the only option is flat. Does anybody know if other xbmc pvr solutions can do a hierarchical recording list?

I think I may have found why channel icons are not working on non-windows clients. Anybody out there available now to test if this new build solves the problem? If not, I'll just put it up on the page this afternoon.

(2013-10-02, 16:02)VincentNguyen Wrote: Note: I resolved the above by doing a manual install

Out of the box, this seems to work almost fine.

SD (MPEG2) channels play nicely
HD (h264) channels however play very badly (major stutters mainly)

The same system/config can play BD content just fine, and it can also play WTV h264 from the same channel.

Server is setup to issue TS, I cannot seem to change it to WTV (option is greyed out)

The first thing to check is to record a wtv file on one of these problem stations. Then play this wtv file in xbmc and see if you get the same stuttering. Let me know what happens.
Windows Media Center PVR addon (pvr.wmc) and server backend (ServerWMC)
http://bit.ly/serverwmc
(2013-10-02, 18:07)solidstinch Wrote: Ok, I apologize in advance. I looked and searched etc etc...

Thanks

Raspbmc only. Ask your builder to include it in their builds, that's the only way you'll get it until it's included in the xbmc repo.

Pvr.wmc is now included in Raspbmc release version, it's no longer necessary to use a nightly.

(2013-10-02, 18:36)krustyreturns Wrote: I think I may have found why channel icons are not working on non-windows clients. Anybody out there available now to test if this new build solves the problem? If not, I'll just put it up on the page this afternoon.

Send it my way and I'll test it.

While I've got your attention can you update the Raspbmc info stating it's included in release??
If I have been of help, please add to my reputation as a way of saying thanks, it's free.
(2013-10-02, 09:56)ijourneaux Wrote: 1. It seems to take a long time to change channels especially compared to changing channels within WMC. Is there an opportunity to improve the performance her?
2. This probably has nothing to do with using WMC as a back end but is there are beeter channel guide format available? All I have seen is the list of channels and what is currently scheduled. I am looking for something similar to the channel guide in WMC.

1) As near as I can tell, most of the channel delay that remains is a delay on the xbmc side after it receives the ts stream. Some people report that the 'margo' build of xbmc reduces this time a lot, others have said there are other problems with the margo build - so I am not not clear on what the latest findings are. Maybe others will update us.

2) Depends on which skin you are using, but yes there are a lot of ways of viewing the epg besides the channel list. One of which is similar to wmc.

(2013-10-02, 18:46)Dilligaf Wrote:
(2013-10-02, 18:36)krustyreturns Wrote: I think I may have found why channel icons are not working on non-windows clients. Anybody out there available now to test if this new build solves the problem? If not, I'll just put it up on the page this afternoon.

Send it my way and I'll test it.

While I've got your attention can you update the Raspbmc info stating it's included in release??

I just updated it. I took out the link thinking the info on it was dated now. If you want me to link somewhere else, give me the link.

I would have asked you right away about testing but didn't know if channel icons were your thing. I need to do some more testing first, I will PM you when I have it ready, should be soon.
(2013-10-02, 16:02)VincentNguyen Wrote: HD (h264) channels however play very badly (major stutters mainly)

If I have interlacing set to on for video playback when watching a live channel mine stutters also, when disabled everything works great. Maybe check that setting. It's under the film icon when playing back TV.
I'll give everything a try when I get home tonight but my hands are tied until then. I will also make sure the wiki is updated accordingly for Pi and so-forth.
The XBMC team, plug-in devs, skinners, etc. do this for us for FREE in their spare time because they want to. Think about that for a second before you start bitching...
I just wanted to give some props where they're clearly due to everyone involved in making this server/client possible!
My experience in the past with LiveTv and XBMC have been less than stellar (that is not a knock on all the hard work others have done), and I always had setup problems, guide issues, channel's freezing, etc....
With this, nothing of that sort! I've only had limited time so far, however setup was a breeze and I was up and running in under 5 minutes.

I had 1 issue with a networked client not displaying live Tv, however the recording path by default was wrong and once I noticed everything worked right away with channel icons and everything.

Seriously great job with this, I really hope this gains more traction and gets the attention it deserves (being officially included in RaspBMC is a great start!).
Thanks!
Hi everyone,

A new version of the server is up (1074). It should fix the channel icon problems people are having with non-windows clients.

Just to reiterate: for channel icons to work automatically, the icons must be configured and working in wmc first.

Thanks to Dilligaf for testing it out on raspbmc machines.

--kr
  • 50(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
WMC as the backend - released9