Win No lfe channel output with DTS-HD mkv
When I play a DTS-HD mkv file, my amplifier shows all the surround and front channels are being output correctly, but there is no LFE channel. My receiver is capable of accepting hd sound and plays blue ray discs in full surround. If I play the same file through vlc player lfe is output, all be it in the PCM format.

Does anyone have any idea why the lfe channel is missing in xbmc playback?
Go through the first post here i(HOW TO SOLVE - Audio problems) f you've not done that already
Optoma HD Projector, Panasonic TX-P65VT65 Plasma, Pioneer SC2023 AVR, Kef Q65 main, iQ8ds rear, XQ2C centre, XBOX 360 Elite, Samsung LE40C650, SKY HD, Lutron Lighting, Crestron AV2 control

(Server)CPU - AMD Phenom ii 560, MB - M4A78LT-M, 32GB Corsair SSD, 4GB Corsair DDR3, 6x 1.5TB HDD's

XBMC Clients x2 (DSPlayer)
I've been through the audio set up process multiple times.
A debug log_file (wiki) would help
Some extracts from my log file:-
never post logs on the forum and only full debuglogs using pastebin.com
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
See log extract here: http://pastebin.com/NuWAR4jG
That is not a debug log, please following the instructions on wiki by following the link I posted previously.

Also make sure you play a problem file once debug logging is enabled.
Upload a debug log (wiki)

Do not post partial logs, not here and not on xbmclogs.com - only full logs !
Full log in debug mode at:-
http://pastebin.com/fDh4q2h2

Played two DTS-HD files, Peter Pan and Up, no lfe detected by Pioneer LX-86 amp on either.
well, xbmc opened passthrough of the DTS-HD audio stream and detected all 8 channels.

i think u have disabled ur subwoofer for DTS-HD in the receivers menu.
so play a file with DTS-HD track and check ur AVR settings (while its playing)

( VLC doesn´t bitstream HD Audio without third party plugins, it just play the DTS core, and u can have another LFE management for DTS-HD)
Ryzen5 2400g @gigabyte AorusM
Marantz AV7702/MM8003 Combo
Philips 55PFL8007k/12
Sony VW-270ES
@JR128 Did you fix your issue with DTS LFE channel?

I have similar problem: while playing DTS streams the LFE channel is on much lower level (maybe your issue is the same: not NO LFE but on much lower level).
While playing Dolby Digital it is normal, while playing DTS it is about 10dB lower level (I need to gain LFE >+10dB on my amplifier to have comparable levels of DTS and DD tracks).
You can test it while disabling all other speakers on your amp. and listening only LFE. I checked on several streams of DTS and DD and the issue appears on DTS tracks only.

Did you find any fix already?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
No lfe channel output with DTS-HD mkv0