Poll: Most Desired Feature To Be Added
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Other Movie Ratings
5.45%
Download Movie Trailers
28.04%
Home Automation scripting
24.22%
Other Movie Streaming Location
9.04%
Trivia Intro Fixed
11.24%
Cartoon Video Option
14.72%
More Videos for before Feature(s) - Specify how many
7.30%
Total
863 vote(s)
100%
* You voted for this item.

• 225(current)
[RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script
(2013-12-20, 04:16)tommymsw Wrote: I have Gotham Alpha 9 and it says it can't install the addon.

Sorry "addon does not have the correct structure"

I also got this error and discovered that there is a very simple fix. The ZIP files for this preview build need a folder inside of them. As they sit (currently), the files are immediately there when you open the ZIP. XBMC needs a folder that is not currently found in the ZIP. Modify the ZIP to look like this:

script.cinema.experience-X.0.7.ZIP
..script.cinema.experience (This folder needs to be added at this level, and all files moved into it)
....Move all current files here, under the script.cinema.experience folder that you created.
Create a Movie Theater Experience at Home
Trivia Slides, Video Bumpers, Ratings Bumpers, Audio Format Bumpers and more...

CinemaVision | CinemaVision Launcher | CinemaVision Service | CinemaVision Content
(2013-12-22, 16:32)RagnaroktA Wrote:
(2013-12-20, 04:16)tommymsw Wrote: I have Gotham Alpha 9 and it says it can't install the addon.

Sorry "addon does not have the correct structure"

I also got this error and discovered that there is a very simple fix. The ZIP files for this preview build need a folder inside of them. As they sit (currently), the files are immediately there when you open the ZIP. XBMC needs a folder that is not currently found in the ZIP. Modify the ZIP to look like this:

script.cinema.experience-X.0.7.ZIP
..script.cinema.experience (This folder needs to be added at this level, and all files moved into it)
....Move all current files here, under the script.cinema.experience folder that you created.

I'll fix this...

Edit...

Should be fixed now.
Giftie
I got an Oups something happened in the log file and I lost the video output right after the trivia section. It skiped all of the way to the feature presentation ( not a 3D Movie) but I could only hear the audio. Family wanted to watch a movie so I willl upload a debug log tomorrow.
Tak Care.
Hi having trouble every time I try to launch CE it just locks up XBMC and I have to restart the PC to load XBMC again? Settings and Log below

Gotham 13-alpha 11
Skin Aeon MQ5 Gotham 1.9.0
Cinema Experience 4.0.7

Pastebin

Also tried with Confluence Skin but it doesn't load. Cheers
9.1 Cinema Room htpc with Kodi Matrix & emby server~Epson EH-TW9300~Homemade 8ft pj screen~AVR~Yamaha RX-A3070~Speakers~Monitor Audio RX6 Fronts & RX Centre~RXFX Surrounds~250's Rears~180's Front Presence~BK XXLS400 Sub~8033C AntiMode~HarmonyOne

(2013-12-23, 12:52)wints Wrote: Hi having trouble every time I try to launch CE it just locks up XBMC and I have to restart the PC to load XBMC again? Settings and Log below

Gotham 13-alpha 11
Skin Aeon MQ5 Gotham 1.9.0
Cinema Experience 4.0.7

Pastebin

Also tried with Confluence Skin but it doesn't load. Cheers

Since you need to reboot, I need the xbmc.old.log as this is from when the script was running...
Sorry this is the old log Pastebin or at least thats the only other one in the folder, cheers
9.1 Cinema Room htpc with Kodi Matrix & emby server~Epson EH-TW9300~Homemade 8ft pj screen~AVR~Yamaha RX-A3070~Speakers~Monitor Audio RX6 Fronts & RX Centre~RXFX Surrounds~250's Rears~180's Front Presence~BK XXLS400 Sub~8033C AntiMode~HarmonyOne

Is it possible to have a Cinema Experience when viewing streams using video addons?
(2013-12-24, 14:44)schumi2004 Wrote: Is it possible to have a Cinema Experience when viewing streams using video addons?

Not possible, sorry...
Hello!

Quick thank you for the addon - amazing!

A question I've got - between loading everything, I get a small "now loading" message at the bottom of the screen. Is there a way for the addon to prevent these from showing - this would make it all a bit more seamless.

THANK YOU!
Giftie/Others in the know...

What are CinEx's current uses with 3D content ? Specifically, I have 3d side-by-side movies, but only 2D bumper content. My projector takes a solid 10 seconds to switch from 2d to 3d modes.

Is it possible to somehow transcode 2d content into 3d-HSBS content so that it looks normal while the projector is in 3d mode ?

Or if using a 3D movie will I need to have an assortment of 3D-HSBS bumpers ?
Wow I'm an idiot you can delete this post..
(2013-12-29, 23:05)JCole Wrote: Giftie/Others in the know...

What are CinEx's current uses with 3D content ? Specifically, I have 3d side-by-side movies, but only 2D bumper content. My projector takes a solid 10 seconds to switch from 2d to 3d modes.

Is it possible to somehow transcode 2d content into 3d-HSBS content so that it looks normal while the projector is in 3d mode ?

Or if using a 3D movie will I need to have an assortment of 3D-HSBS bumpers ?

The next release allows replacement of the 2D version of certain intro/outros along with a few 3D only ones. There are a few 3D Intro's and 3D Audio videos out there. I know there are plans for 3D intros to be made...

The flow stays pretty much the same as before, with a few additions.
Trivia Intro Video(s)
Trivia Slides with Optional Music Playlist
Trivia Outro Video(s)
Movie Theater Intro Video(s)
Coming Attractions Intro Video(s)
Trailer(s)
Coming Attractions Outro Video(s)
3D Intro Video(s) #
3D Trailers( from folder as I haven found a site that has them really available) #
Countdown Video #
Feature Presentation Intro Video(s) #
Rating Video (MPAA, BBFC and FSK ratings are currently supported) #
Audio Format Video #
FEATURE PRESENTATION
Intermission Video(s) (note) #
Rating Video #
Audio Format Video #
FEATURE PRESENTATION 2
Intermission Video #
Rating Video #
Audio Format Video #
FEATURE PRESENTATION 3
Intermission Video #
Rating Video #
Audio Format Video #
FEATURE PRESENTATION 4
Intermission Video #
Rating Video #
Audio Format Video #
FEATURE PRESENTATION 5 (end note)
Feature Presentation Outro Video(s) Available in 3D
3D Outro Video(s) #
Movie Theater Outro Video(s)

New Additions
Moved Location
# - Available in 3D if upcoming movie is 3D and settings enabled

The main discussion started here -> http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1550860

There is one bug in current Gotham that affects the script and that XBMC does not switch between from a 3D Video back to 2D when the video are in a playlist. It also fails switching 3D modes in the same fashion. I have let the developers know about this, but nothing has been done yet. This isn't too big of a problem, if you keep your video formats the same as your movies.

You can also use tools(DVDFab has a good one) to convert 2D into 3D.

(2013-12-29, 23:44)Skattered Wrote: Wow I'm an idiot you can delete this post..

@Skattered - Nope can't delete it... here forever... Smile

(2013-12-28, 20:21)justcallmeandy Wrote: Hello!

Quick thank you for the addon - amazing!

A question I've got - between loading everything, I get a small "now loading" message at the bottom of the screen. Is there a way for the addon to prevent these from showing - this would make it all a bit more seamless.

THANK YOU!

The script can only control overlays during the trivia playback. The script does provide a skin property(which seems like I broke it in the test version) that a skin developer can use to cause the window not to pop up.. Not sure what skin you are using, but I know there are 2 dialogs that need the skin property to be tested. Off hand I don't know which files.
Hey Giftie, how does the script recognize if a movie is 3D or not? Are you using XBMC's naming format 'Bluray 3DBD' which would identify 3D Blu-ray rips? Or is there a setting to specify if/then? And does selecting a 3D movie run a seperate path than running a 2D one? I'd want my 3D movie intro to be all 3D videos and such without any 2D preceding the 3D ones. Of course I'm happy we are getting any options at all though.

Also, looking at the video flow it seems there's something missing after the audio format from the current release. Are you adding some extra slots for random user selected videos? (ie Cartoons, THX trailer for every flim etc)

Thanks for the hard work and looking forward to trying the 3D script out!

Oh, any chance you'd make a preview video sneak peakHuh Big Grin
(2013-12-31, 01:10)Batiatus Wrote: Hey Giftie, how does the script recognize if a movie is 3D or not? Are you using XBMC's naming format 'Bluray 3DBD' which would identify 3D Blu-ray rips? Or is there a setting to specify if/then?
On Frodo, the script uses a tag search to determine if the video is 3D, the default can be changed or added to in settings. The defaults are the same as Gotham defaults. The defaults are as follows:
Code:
3DSBS|3D.SBS|HSBS|H.SBS|H-SBS| SBS |FULL-SBS|FULL.SBS|FULLSBS|FSBS|HALF-SBS|3DTAB|3D.TAB|HTAB|H.TAB|3DOU|3D.OU|3D.HOU| HOU | OU |HALF-TAB

Each file name tag needs to be exact, for example the SBS actually has a space in front and behind. This is so it matches properly.

On Gotham, the script uses the new library data to tell the script the stereoscopic mode and if that is not available, it falls back to the Frodo method.
Quote:And does selecting a 3D movie run a seperate path than running a 2D one? I'd want my 3D movie intro to be all 3D videos and such without any 2D preceding the 3D ones. Of course I'm happy we are getting any options at all though.
The message from before you shows all the videos and which ones are available in 3D. This probably will not change until more 3D 'Bumpers' are available.

Quote:Also, looking at the video flow it seems there's something missing after the audio format from the current release. Are you adding some extra slots for random user selected videos? (ie Cartoons, THX trailer for every flim etc)

The Countdown Video moved, that's the only one I know of.. Still fixing bugs and testing so this version can get out. Wasn't planning on adding any more intros before the next version.

Quote:Thanks for the hard work and looking forward to trying the 3D script out!

Oh, any chance you'd make a preview video sneak peakHuh Big Grin

I don't do videos, sorry.. Smile
Thanks for the info. Seems my current flow isn't going to work as nice in the new version. Will have to see just what happens when it launches.
  • 225(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script24