• 15(current)
Linux VAAPI: Nuc, Chromebox, HSW, IVB, Baytrail with Ubuntu 14.04
hmm strange it does not happen all the time, i have to see if it's related to specific channels or audio streams. keep you posted
This is strange one:

- when zapping through xbmc constellation the flash happens every time on all channels (this is what i use most. I dislike the way it currenly shows the menu between zaps but that is another topic, maybe it does have influence on this flashing)
- when zapping though channels using the quick menu or up-down keys the flash is gone
- On one channel (tried 11 channels) the flash always appears when using both methods above

Edit: it looks like switching SD-->HD and HD-->SD also causes flash

http://pastebin.com/cxXK08X0
Ok, after trying some settings during playback of a tvshow mkv suddenly the extra switching (and thus, flash) was gone. Don't know why. After a reboot it started again.

Log from before boot: http://pastebin.com/72Gpzvax

If looking at the codecinfo on my haswell HTPC compared to the xtreamer i see the video player running 50fps on the haswell instead of 25fps on the xtreamer. Shouldn't 25fps be enough on the player part?
Enable Deinterlacing on your xtreamer and you will also see 50fps. If you "like" the 25fps, choose "Deinterlace (Half)" as method, you will see the obvious worse visual quality.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Deinterlacing is enabled on the xtreamer, is there a way to see which method is used? On the xtreamer the latest stable openelec is used so the de-interlace method is not available on that; it's Auto at the moment.

Yes, it's definitely due to the player switching from 25fps to 50 fps after 5 seconds, i opened the codecinfo and switched channels, now i see this change.

Is this something that could be prevented? for instance start on 50fps or stay on 25fps?

To be clear; i'm talking about the fr number after the P-line below D(h264) which is switching after 5 seconds. The pfs behind the last line (W) is always around 50. Sorry about the cryptic descriptions..
Quote:Yes, it's definitely due to the player switching from 25fps to 50 fps

surprise Smile I have fixed it for you.
Wow that's great! i will test as soon as ppa builds are done. Thanks FernetMenta!
Short question, does this rely anyhow on a 64bit system? Asking since I have unmet dependency's regarding the software I use for m HTPC ia32-libs aren't available for saucy anymore.
Nope, works fine with 32, too.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
@FernetMenta: any idea when xbmc-fernetmenta-master will be updated?
It's updated every night automatically. But only if something changes.
(2014-01-07, 12:56)posixx Wrote: @FernetMenta: any idea when xbmc-fernetmenta-master will be updated?

No point really to try to point it at FernetMenta as he isn't the one who is updating the ppa.. it is Wsnipex who has the ppa. It is using FernetMenta's git repo as source..
@laric ok sorry i only use the mentioned ppa on the howto, don't know it's managed by someone else. I will wait until wolfgang updates the ppa.
(2014-01-07, 13:02)fritsch Wrote: It's updated every night automatically. But only if something changes.

How is that detected? Does it detect squashed changes and rebase? It should have got updated last night.
Downloading master.zip and comparing md5sum? https://github.com/FernetMenta/xbmc/archive/master.zip

I don't know really, but most of the time it works :-)
  • 15(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
VAAPI: Nuc, Chromebox, HSW, IVB, Baytrail with Ubuntu 14.0416