Aeon MQ5 Skin Settings Lost on XBMC Start
I have been having some ramdon skin reset issues. Every so oftern after turning on my device and loading XMBC the skin seems to be resetting itself and I lose all of my previous settings. Is there a fix for this? Is there any way that I can save my current setup as the skin default so that this doesn't happen again? Thank you in advance.
Install the extendedinfo script if you haven't already.

Then go to skin settings > restore settings > export skin settings.

If you need to import the settings at any point, choose the 'import skin settings' below it.
My fanart.tv & themoviedb.org accounts.

Backup XBMCs guisettings file in the userdata folder, this happened to me a few times just keep saving that file at separate location in case all settings reset again because its annoying having to redo all skin settings
Thanks for all of the feedback, but is seems as if these are workarounds when the skin settings reset/disappear. I was looking for a more robust solution so that the settings never actually get reset. Maybe by overriding the default skin setup with my own might prevent that. If anyone knows how to do that? Any other more robust or permanent ideas? I think many XBMC users are looking for a solution to this problem.
I wouldn't say that this is a common problem, as this is the first time I have seen it reported on the forums.

You would need to provide a log for MQ to have any chance of identifying what is causing it for you.

Both of the methods mentioned above will restore MQ5 to your customised settings in less than 2 minutes.

I think the lost settings is a common things on Android. I think it has something to do with where the guisettings.xml is being stored. When you turn off or unplug your android tv box it drops or loses the file. I was having the same problem, so I came up with 2 simple scripts to help as a permanent workaround. I'll detail what you need to do in steps.

1. Go to google play store and install Smanager - this is a script manager with an emulator and script editor built in.
2. Create two scripts the first I entitled fixbmc the second is savexbmcsettings - these will need to be created using Smanager
fixbmc will look like this:
#! /sys/bin/sh
cp /storage/sdcard0/external_sdcard/xbmcbackup/guisettings.xml /storage/scard0/Android/data/org.xbmc.xbmc/files/usrdata/guisettings.xml

savexbmcsettings will look like this:
#! /sys/bin/sh
cp /storage/scard0/Android/data/org.xbmc.xbmc/files/usrdata/guisettings.xml /storage/sdcard0/external_sdcard/xbmcbackup/guisettings.xml
3. Go into xmbc and set all of your settings the exact way you want them.
Shutdown xbmc properly and verify that guisettings.xml in usrdata was updated properly.
4.Create a folder in external_sdcard entitled xbmcbackup
5.Using SManager go into savexbmcsettings verify the script looks good and then run the script. Verify that guisettings.xml was saved to xbmcbackup
6.Using SManager go into fixbmc verify that the script looks good and then run the script. Verify that the guisettings.xml in usrdata was saved properly (check timestamp)
7. Set fixbmc to run on boot

This should do it. It is working for me and I never know whether or not the settings were ever messed up after a reboot.
Things to note:
All folders are my folders and yours may be titled differently check your structure and apply to the above scripts appropriately
TO DO THIS YOU MUST HAVE ROOT ACCESS ON YOUR MACHINE (I have a Mygica ATV520 and it comes pre rooted YEAH!!)
Any time you make a change to settings that you want to stick. Make sure you run savexbmcsettings
SManager also allows you to make a widget that calls the script. I have created widgets for both so that I can initiate the scripts from Androids home screen.
@jjhtpc

Thanks for the reply! I will give this a shot.
@jjhtpc

Do I have to use an external_sdcard or can I simply create a subfolder within Android for the xbmcbackup folder?
(2013-12-24, 22:43)foti Wrote: @jjhtpc

Do I have to use an external_sdcard or can I simply create a subfolder within Android for the xbmcbackup folder?

Would like to know as well.

As a result of this crash, only some of my skin settings were lost and some of my general settings as well.
However the odd bit is that my menu sounds are gone now as well.
I am not too sure, I would say that you could experiment. I can tell you for sure that the external sd card backup works.
(2013-12-25, 15:27)Saraya Wrote:
(2013-12-24, 22:43)foti Wrote: @jjhtpc

Would like to know as well.

As a result of this crash, only some of my skin settings were lost and some of my general settings as well.
However the odd bit is that my menu sounds are gone now as well.

I'm thinking this might be a bit more common than we think. I have an HTPC running XBMCbuntu and I had the same thing last week, some of my settings reverted back to default, the funny thing is only 2 of the 4 sounds I changed went back to default. Some mods I'd made to the actual xml files were gone as well. I originally thought it was one of my boys that had gotten the remote but the things that were changed could not have been done through the XBMC gui. I have no idea how to begin to troubleshoot since there was no crash or script fail I don't think there would be an associated log file. If anyone has seen this or has some info could be helpful if there is an actual bug.
Main HTPC/Server, Ubuntu 18.04, Leia 18.0
ASUS Chromebox, Ubuntu 18.04, Leia 18.0, Aeon Nox 5: SiLVO Mod
Are you sure it wasn't related to the skin update?

hmm..not sure, that would make sense I installed v1.8 and noticed v1.9 today. I haven't had this issue before, but I'm new to this skin and the one I used before never updatedBlush. Now that I think about it everything that was changed and stored in the skin.aeonmq5 folder was what changed. Thanks!!
Main HTPC/Server, Ubuntu 18.04, Leia 18.0
ASUS Chromebox, Ubuntu 18.04, Leia 18.0, Aeon Nox 5: SiLVO Mod
I have this problem too, will try this fix later, and will report here: https://springpad.com/#!/hasamba/explore...mcsettings

And now with the latest alpha i cannot change the language to mine(Portuguese), i hope fix above will solve it.(it freezes)
That fix doesn't work I'm affraid. Not with MQ5 anyway.

See this post .

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Aeon MQ5 Skin Settings Lost on XBMC Start0