• 4(current)
Testers needed for new OSX/iOS audio code
(2014-02-25, 17:55)ater Wrote:
(2014-02-25, 17:46)wojeda Wrote:
(2014-02-25, 17:41)ater Wrote: Audio with DTS, DTS HD Master Audio, Dolby Digital works like a charm.

Are you sure of that? I'd be the first one I ever see doing that. Huh

XBMC reports that the file does use this. i can open it in VLC later and double check

Report from file:
Audio
ID : 2
Format : DTS
Format/Info : Digital Theater Systems
Format profile : MA / Core
Mode : 16
Format settings, Endianness : Big
Codec ID : A_DTS
Duration : 1h 39mn
Bit rate mode : Variable
Bit rate : Unknown / 1 509 Kbps
Channel(s) : 6 channels
Channel positions : Front: L C R, Side: L R, LFE
Sampling rate : 48.0 KHz
Bit depth : 24 bits
Compression mode : Lossless / Lossy
The new OS-X ActiveAE sink certainly won't be able to do passthrough (bitstream) of DTS-HD to a AVR but it should be able to pass the DTS core or decode to LPCM 5.1
if it gives surround im happy...

could not generate the xbmc.log. xbmc does not quit as its supposed to and therefore does not append to the log file..
Woking just fine on mac mini 2011 OSX 10.8.5 with optical out to a receiver. Nice job
How to post a debug log ; MacOS acces the hidden userdata folder ; How to post a question ; How to fix gatekeeper issues
(2014-02-25, 19:45)ater Wrote: if it gives surround im happy...

Yes, as you should be with a mac. OSX will never do DTS-HD bitstream. The hardware is capable, but the OS will not allow it. May want to talk to Tim about that.

I had to have DTS_HD Master Audio, so I swithched my xbmc client to my Kubuntu machine with an nvidia GT-640. Via HDMI output, it is a joy to see the Denon AVR light up the DTS-Master Audio logo and the sound is incredible.
But that's me... Big Grin
Intel Core i7 3.3Ghz | GTX 1660 | Windows 1909 | 8GB | 32TB RAID1
138" 2.35:1 Elite Lunette Curved Screen | Epson 6050ub Projector | Marantz SR-6014 | Emotiva XPA-11
(2014-02-27, 14:07)wojeda Wrote:
(2014-02-25, 19:45)ater Wrote: if it gives surround im happy...

Yes, as you should be with a mac. OSX will never do DTS-HD bitstream. The hardware is capable, but the OS will not allow it. May want to talk to Tim about that.

I had to have DTS_HD Master Audio, so I swithched my xbmc client to my Kubuntu machine with an nvidia GT-640. Via HDMI output, it is a joy to see the Denon AVR light up the DTS-Master Audio logo and the sound is incredible.
But that's me... Big Grin

Since the mac mini is starting to age i think the next machine will be a beefed up mini windows machine, 2 steps up from the NUCs of today. I want to be able to play small steam games on it.
Just updated from "this" build to the one of today march 1.
For some reason the checkmarks with stuff watched went back to the beginning of the month.
Which is really weird because I was using nightlies before this special audio build.

Anybody else noticed this?
Is this a one time occurrence? (I mean not a new bug)
I am new to XBMC. I have not even used it yet. I have an iMac from 2007 and a PS3 for my bluray player. I am starting to rip blurays for safekeeping and convenience. While my iMac can playback fine, it cannot do lossless audio since I have neither the hardware nor the software. If I upgrade to the latest iMac or Mac Mini, would I be able to playback lossless audio at least in the form of 5.1 or 7.1 LPCM converted onboard from the lossless audio track if available?
Please see my beta 1 testing thread message about mac playback way too fast (w/ Fireface external device).

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1644320
no crosspost needed - we see everything Wink
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
@martinrichartz

can you try http://mirrors.xbmc.org/test-builds/osx/...x86_64.dmg and post a log again if it still doesn't work for you?
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
Exactly the same situation.

With a stop watch I measured a playback speed-up of very close to 8x (opposed to my earlier 4x estimate).

Enclosed the complete (huge) log file for a less than 60 second xbmc session.

http://www.xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=149701

(2014-03-07, 10:12)Memphiz Wrote: @martinrichartz

can you try http://mirrors.xbmc.org/test-builds/osx/...x86_64.dmg and post a log again if it still doesn't work for you?
mhh no clue from me.
Running Beta 2 - but had this issue with Beta 1 as well.

Mid 2011 Mac Mini 10.9 via HDMI to Denon receiver.

Settings are set to pass through and default device HDMI.

DTS and DD files play perfectly, but having an issue with multi channel AAC files. Thy are are only being passed a 2 channel audio and when I look and the sound sub menu when the file is playing it says under audio unrecognised 5.1 or something similar. Stuffed around with the setting quite a bit but cant make it work.?
Set your number of output channels to 2.0 and enable ac3 transcoding (its where the passthrough settings are). If this is really a 5.1 file then it should appear as DD5.1 in your amp. If not it will stay 2.0.
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Testers needed for new OSX/iOS audio code1