odroid u2-3
Does anyone have any experience with the odroid u2 or 3 and how it runs xbmc the spec seems well capable of handling xbmc.I will be using the device for xbmc only and wish to know exactly what I will need when or if I order the above for example board PSU emmc card.I have seen a couple of cases on eBay from UK that look cool so may order case from eBay.The odroid looks promising but with you only able to buy direct from Korea I am a bit apprehensive though I have ordered 3d glasses from Korea before.For the spec and price I think odroid but keep getting drawn towards MINIX mini x7
I don't have one, but I got to see them at the HardKernel booth at a Linux expo, running XBMC no less. A few of the guys on Team XBMC have them as well. From what I understand, it should crush the Mini x7 for performance. HardKernel is a good company, too. If I only didn't have more XBMC boxes than TVs then I would get one myself.

For ODROID it's kind of like the Raspberry Pi. You need a memory card (micro SD), power supply, and you probably want the micro HDMI to normal HDMI cable. Hardkernel has good prices for all of these so it makes it really easy to buy them all at once. I think the PSU is just a normal 5volt DC jack, so you might even have something around the house the will work with it.

Here's a semi-recent post from another guy who has been using ODROIDs: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1621922
Thanks ned what would i best run on these linux or android noticed the latest gotham builds alot better on my android cyclone2 tablet
Are there any other systems like the rpi and odroid i could consider
Odroid looks promising just not a great deal about it or reviews on the net
(2014-03-21, 17:09)ripmaster Wrote: Thanks ned what would i best run on these linux or android noticed the latest gotham builds alot better on my android cyclone2 tablet

It sounds like Android is a little less buggy for the time being, but eventually that might change.
Really don't know what to do was going to order the u3 but read on their forums of problems running xbmc 1080p I want it to be able to stream 3d movies smoothly.Then again most boxes I have looked into have a problem with one thing or another.I would get a nuc but know the wife will not be happy with me spending £200 on one
£200? You can get the new Bay Trail model for under £100 here : http://www.tranquilpcshop.co.uk/dn2820fykh/

You'll need to add some RAM, but not a huge amount. (2GB should be fine) and can either put in a small 2.5" laptop drive or boot from a USB stick.

Definitely a better bet than a U2 or U3 IMHO - particularly in the UK where you ideally need frame-rate switching (which a lot of Android and ARM boxes - the Raspberry Pi is an honourable exception - don't do properly).
Looking at the zotac zbox are these a good option

Cheers noggin just pricing up hard drive and memory it looks like a toss up between this and a zotac zbox
Is it easy to install a Linux bootable xbmc onto these machines zotac or nuc
(2014-03-22, 15:27)ripmaster Wrote: Is it easy to install a Linux bootable xbmc onto these machines zotac or nuc

OpenElec is very easy to install either to an internal drive, or to use as a live stick from USB, on a NUC. Haven't used a Zotac, but would expect a similar experience.
Would the nuc you have shown me noggin stream SBS or out 3d OK
The Bay Trail NUC will handle 1080p SBS and 720p TB stuff fine - as they are effectively identical to 2D streams (1920x1080 SBS contains two 960x1080 eye views 2:1 squished horizontally, 1280x720 TB contains two 1280x360 eye views on top of each other, vertically 2:1 squished). However anything that plays 1080p or 720p content will do this as they are no different to 2D streams of the same res.

I think Gotham adds support for 3D subtitles and UI (so that it doesn't overlay a 2D GUI when in 3D mode)

I'm not sure about support for the less widespread 3840x1080 or 1920x2160 (or 2560x720 or 1280x1440) formats which would need frame-packed output to retain full resolution, and XBMC doesn't support MVC (which is the Blu-ray compression scheme that uses a 1920x1080 H264/AVC feed for one eye - and the 2D replay - and codes the other eye using MVC differences).

Intel's spec sheet suggests that the GPU doesn't support frame packed output - but other reports say it works... Previously Frame Packed output was, I think, only available on Core processors.

(Frame packing output is where 2 full res frames are output over HDMI, whereas SBS and TB output over HDMI is half res)
Whats the current development on Odroid U3 for llinux xbmc. also anyone from UK ordered it and did you have to pay custom or anything? for £50 for u3 community edition sounds good but as long as it plays fine and no customs
Last I checked it only supported 2 channel audio and the developers didn't even know what bitstreaming was.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
odroid u2-30