• 261(current)
[OLD/CLOSED] PseudoTV Live - Set-Top box solution
you are welcome.
I've added a reddit channel using the Direct Plugin Chtype. I used Reddit.com add-on by AddonScriptorDE, added the videos subreddit (/r/videos) and then added the list I wanted to favourites (ex.: "Hot: Today"). Then I opened the favourites file (found on /userdata) to get the specific plugin path, which looked a bit messy. Then I entered the proper stuff in settings2.xml and it worked perfectly with a few bugs.

Now I'm going to proceed to make a reddit section in my channels, including subs like /r/fullmoviesonyoutube

I'm sure there's a way to do this via RSS but I don't think it has as much options as the plugin.

Thanks again for this great add-on Lunatixz. I don't have much money to donate nor coding knowledge, but I could help translating to latin american spanish.
(2014-05-01, 10:33)tromy Wrote:
(2014-05-01, 04:58)httpSteve Wrote: Is there a way to disable the information overlay that comes with PTVL and use the one that comes with my skin?
Yes,under settings,visual,disable show info when changing channels

How can I do the opposite? Keep PTVL information overlay and disable the other one? I'm seeing two overlays almost everytime I change channels
(2014-05-08, 12:09)MrMarijuano Wrote:
(2014-05-01, 10:33)tromy Wrote:
(2014-05-01, 04:58)httpSteve Wrote: Is there a way to disable the information overlay that comes with PTVL and use the one that comes with my skin?
Yes,under settings,visual,disable show info when changing channels

How can I do the opposite? Keep PTVL information overlay and disable the other one? I'm seeing two overlays almost everytime I change channels
Which xbmc skin u use?
::Update::

Some upcoming features in the works...

Context menu forwarding (which will require either you manual edit plugins or you beg addon developers to implement the code Smile ).

I'm working on two types:

Type 1: Plugin Directories...

From within a video plugin you can bring up a context menu and add that plugin directory as a PseudoTV Live Channel.

Type 2: Super Favorites...

Using the Super Favorites plugin you can create custom PseudoTV Live channels, each folder would represent a channel. The contents of each channel will be made up of random links you placed inside it.
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?
those both sound awesome thank you.
(2014-05-08, 16:52)Lunatixz Wrote: ::Update::

Context menu forwarding (which will require either you manual edit plugins or you beg addon developers to implement the code Smile ).

From within a video plugin you can bring up a context menu and add that plugin directory as a PseudoTV Live Channel.

Using the Super Favorites plugin you can create custom PseudoTV Live channels, each folder would represent a channel. The contents of each channel will be made up of random links you placed inside it.
Will this give the option to set the channel number, or does it assign the next available channel? Also, is there/will there be a way to filter out the 'clips' that are not in a 'Clips' folder?
It's been almost a year since I published this project, as a thank you for community support i'm offering a Donor Access give away contest...

Follow me on twitter @PseudoTV_Live, Tweet me with your XBMC forum name and one of the three contest types for your chance to win!!

Contest types:

1 - Feedback Contest - Tell me what you like best about PseudoTV Live, and why. (Four random users selected).

2 - Artwork Contest - Looking to revamp my icon and fanart. Create a pair (Icon and Fanart). (Best one wins!).

3 - PTVL Skinning Contest - Create an original* skin or convert a preexisting "PseudoTV" skin for use with PseudoTV Live. (All valid entries win!).
*Original = Not a modification of preexisting skins, but original concept and textures. I retain finale say on what is considered a valid skin.

All entries must be made on twitter, one entry per user. Drawing is on July 14th! for the 1YR Anniversary...
woot 1st
(2014-05-08, 18:35)spyder Wrote:

Will this give the option to set the channel number, or does it assign the next available channel? Also, is there/will there be a way to filter out the 'clips' that are not in a 'Clips' folder?

I haven't decided for type 1 yet, but Super Favorites will work like "Auto tune Custom Playlists" so a folder named "Channel_500" will build a channel as channel 500.
(2014-05-08, 09:01)MrMarijuano Wrote: I've added a reddit channel using the Direct Plugin Chtype.

I'm sure there's a way to do this via RSS but I don't think it has as much options as the plugin.

Huh, funny that.

*I* just wrote a modification that adds Reddit channels that uses the .rss feeds

Except, I did it by modifying the source, so there's a new channel type (16) that looks like:

<setting id="Channel_1_type" value="16" />
<setting id="Channel_1_1" value="Videos" />
<setting id="Channel_1_2" value="Top" />
<setting id="Channel_1_3" value="year" />
<setting id="Channel_1_rulecount" value="1" />
<setting id="Channel_1_rule_1_id" value="1" />
<setting id="Channel_1_rule_1_opt_1" value="Reddit: Videos Subredit" />

option 1 is the subreddit name
option 2 is the sort method (top, hot, new, etc)
option 3, if you have "top" as the sort method, it's the time (year, month, day, etc)

You can also have multiple subreddits on one channel by using a comma separated list as option 1.

I've almost got it all working... still working out a few edge cases with scrapping the data...

That sounds amazing!!! Good luck with that.

Sadly I have to go home and figure out why my live TV channels don't appear anymore. They were working fine and then something happened. Arrgghh.

mrpcpro
Has any one been able to get MSNBC working?
(2014-05-08, 21:36)ratzofftoya Wrote: Has any one been able to get MSNBC working?

need more info - logs? os? platform?
(2014-05-08, 22:07)bry- Wrote:
(2014-05-08, 21:36)ratzofftoya Wrote: Has any one been able to get MSNBC working?

need more info - logs? os? platform?

I'm not having a problem (yet), I'm just wondering whether there's a working MSNBC stream that can be used with PTVL. I'm setting up XBMC anew and have USTV Now, which gives me pretty much every single channel I would want except for MSNBC, so I'd like to know if that's possible.
  • 261(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[OLD/CLOSED] PseudoTV Live - Set-Top box solution45