• 34(current)
Asus Chromebox announcement
Why are you resetting it?
I also have 2 western digital external 2TB attached. I DID notice if I remove or add one, it will def freeze within a bit of time afterward.
Also, both drives are the same. I noticed on my PC, I didn't assign static drive letters, which sometimes impacts them being recognized at the same time on the PC. However, is that causing more freeze on the Chromebox? I wouldn't assume so, because they are both being read and other people are having freeze issues when navigating as well.

Again, it's not often. This is the 1st I've had it in 4 days, but I've reset my box 3 times tonight.
(2014-05-18, 06:41)McButton Wrote: Why are you resetting it?
I also have 2 western digital external 2TB attached. I DID notice if I remove or add one, it will def freeze within a bit of time afterward.
Also, both drives are the same. I noticed on my PC, I didn't assign static drive letters, which sometimes impacts them being recognized at the same time on the PC. However, is that causing more freeze on the Chromebox? I wouldn't assume so, because they are both being read and other people are having freeze issues when navigating as well.

Again, it's not often. This is the 1st I've had it in 4 days, but I've reset my box 3 times tonight.

I can say it is not related
My XBMC/Kodi folder: addons, skins, addon/menu backgrounds & more
Hey guys, I've had my Chromebox set up with OpenElec for about a week now, and am 100% happy with performance and experience, with one caveat that I'd like to inquire about. I had imagined this to be an "always on" box, but it seems that the wifi connection to my router goes "idle" after a while (this is the status reported on the Connection page, and the device loses it's IP. I've got the "automatically connect" checkbox checked in the properties of the connection, but it doesn't automatically connect, and in fact needs me to re-type the password each time. I haven't done proper testing on it, but it seems that about 50% of the time when booting, if upon the last shutdown the connection had been active then it will connect properly, but if it had gone idle then I'd most likely need to manually connect again. Anybody else having this experience, or have suggestions to remediate?

Thanks!
Dan
For those curious about how OpenELEC runs on the Asus Chromebox M004U (179$ version), Here is a short youtube video. Should give you an idea of what the system is capable of...

This includes a new SeaBIOS/Coreboot tweak from Matt. Boot time is extremely fast.

speedbal
(2014-05-19, 04:23)speedbal Wrote: For those curious about how OpenELEC runs on the Asus Chromebox M004U (179$ version), Here is a short youtube video. Should give you an idea of what the system is capable of...

This includes a new SeaBIOS/Coreboot tweak from Matt. Boot time is extremely fast.

speedbal

Wow. I had no idea it was that fast. I was on the fence of buying one but I am definitely getting one for sure. It looks like a huge step up from my ATV2. Have you had any freezing issues that some people are reporting?
So for those that have this box, I understand that S3 suspend/resune doesn't work yet. So either you have it on all the time, or boot it each time. But the unit is only using ~5w when on and idle?
(2014-05-18, 06:41)McButton Wrote: Why are you resetting it?

Oh well ! It just froze on me three time tonight.. had to hard reboot the chromebox to make xbmc work again.. same thing as the others image freeze and sound continues. Running Ubuntu 13.10 and XBMC Gotham RC

Also, every time I watch sometime during the movie/tv show the sound stops one time for like 2-3 seconds and start back.. not always at the same time but only once during a watch.
(2014-05-17, 04:37)jsp1 Wrote: 4.0.1 freeze issue again tonight. Same thing audio continued but video froze and system had hard lockup.

Same here. Everything else works so, so good, I can't wait for someone to find a fix for these issues.
Could the freezes be a RAM issue? I only have the 2 GB that came with the box...
(2014-05-19, 04:23)speedbal Wrote: For those curious about how OpenELEC runs on the Asus Chromebox M004U (179$ version), Here is a short youtube video. Should give you an idea of what the system is capable of...

speedbal

What deinterlacing settings are you using for the LiveTV?
Is it completely smooth at 25/50fps with LiveTV content?
I don't think it's the RAM. Can anyone else verify? I also have stick RAM only. If the freezing would end, this would be perfect.
I also have the 2gb ram the box came with and I have the freezing issue, don't have other ram stick to test eather
My XBMC/Kodi folder: addons, skins, addon/menu backgrounds & more
(2014-05-19, 15:08)McButton Wrote: I don't think it's the RAM. Can anyone else verify? I also have stick RAM only. If the freezing would end, this would be perfect.

(2014-05-19, 16:02)Veronica Wrote: I also have the 2gb ram the box came with and I have the freezing issue, don't have other ram stick to test eather

everyone who is having freezing issues, please disable hardware acceleration for video playback and see if that fixes the issue. If so, then we have an issue with the Intel video driver and/or the VAAPI acceleration. It's highly doubtful this is an OpenELEC (or ChromeBox-specific) issue

edit: also see if the problem persists in OpenELEC 4.0.2

speedbal

-Speedbal, Thanks for the quick video, what are you using for Live TV?

Thanks,
Nimesh
~ATV420~
-AppleTV1
-Crystal HD Card 70015 w/ r174 drivers
-EDEN Beta RC2
-SMB server
Wow this is awesome, thanks for sharing. I just picked up the 2GB version to replace my RPi.
  • 34(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Asus Chromebox announcement8