Poll: Most Desired Feature To Be Added
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Other Movie Ratings
5.45%
Download Movie Trailers
28.04%
Home Automation scripting
24.22%
Other Movie Streaming Location
9.04%
Trivia Intro Fixed
11.24%
Cartoon Video Option
14.72%
More Videos for before Feature(s) - Specify how many
7.30%
Total
863 vote(s)
100%
* You voted for this item.

• 253(current)
[RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script
(2014-06-16, 00:27)Dalton63841 Wrote:
(2014-06-15, 21:44)sl4ppy Wrote: Is there any way change the default play action in XBMC to be the Cinema play option from CinemaExperience?

You can Go into the Cinema Experience Addon settings, Miscellaneous-> Override Play button. However it doesn't work on some systems. Worth trying though.

Thanks!

Another quick question.. I have all my trailers named <movie title>-trailer.mov in the same folder as the movie it goes with. How do I get CinemaExperience to see these and play them when I select to play trailers from my XBMC library?
I am pretty sure you have to have trailers in one specific folder to direct CE to, or else maybe create a script? I just put all my trailers together in one place though having them with the actual movie is an interesting idea (and sounds like another big, long project to undertake).
I tried upgrading Cinema Experience to the Github Gotham version and I also get a script error message. I noticed a few people commented on that awhile ago, but said the issue was fixed. I'm running Gotham 13.1 on a Mac. Could it be an issue from the old script still lying around? I thought I deleted all references in the Addons folder and also in my userdata directory. Is anyone else running the Gotham branch from Github successfully on 13.1?
My buddy has been having problems getting CE to run for 3D movies. Tends to make XBMC just hang. Haven't been over yet to see what might be going on but this is troubling. Worked fine for me when I did his Gotham update but now.... not so Sad
I have a new question. I've been digging around the 'net for the better part of the day trying to find a solution and I'm not sure what next but I'd like to dig into this a bit further.

First - just tot say - this is a really phenomenal add on and if I could get it to work properly for me it would be amazing.

Here's the trouble. I've gone through all the setup, I have some stills that I preview while my trailers are downloading. I view the trailers. I watch an intro flic (THX demo) and everything is beautiful. Then it comes time for the actual movie and what I get is a frame that sometimes will judder or skip, and audio that occasionally crackles, pops, and pixelates (for lack of a better word).

If I just watch the video without the add-on it works just fine.

I've tried different combinations of intro steps and all cases give the same experience. I've also tried going through the steps and adding the "tsched=0" thing to my pulse audio configuration. I tried transcoding the movie into a different format thinking that if I matched the format of the trailers that might do it. Nothing worked.

At this point i'm at a loss because using this add-on has this nasty side effect. If you guys have other advice for me or if I can post some logs I'd love to dig into it further but right now i'm unsure of where to go from here. It's not really an error or I'd post a log, it's just a quality issue, and I'm not sure how to figure that out.

Thanks,

Shad
That doesn't sound fun.

What format are your actual movies in? What system are you running? Not sure I can help but those are the general bits of information people need in order to try and help diagnose.

As for my buddy's issue with CE, I couldn't seem to replicate it. Seems odd that when you first start up XBMC that CE, for 3D movies at leas, would just hang. I'll have to experiment more.
I'm on an AMD A-10 7850 with an ASUS A88XM-A motherboard. I'm using the updated beta drivers from AMD 14.6 and the latest bios from ASUS. So I have good hardware and everything is up to date software wise.

The files themselves are .mkv that are encoded in h.264 format with aac 2channel audio.

What else would be helpful.

Thanks for the response.

Shad
Sorry folks for not being around, slowly getting life back into order after the unexpected move. Please bare with me...

(2014-06-17, 04:06)sl4ppy Wrote:
(2014-06-16, 00:27)Dalton63841 Wrote:
(2014-06-15, 21:44)sl4ppy Wrote: Is there any way change the default play action in XBMC to be the Cinema play option from CinemaExperience?

You can Go into the Cinema Experience Addon settings, Miscellaneous-> Override Play button. However it doesn't work on some systems. Worth trying though.

Thanks!

Another quick question.. I have all my trailers named <movie title>-trailer.mov in the same folder as the movie it goes with. How do I get CinemaExperience to see these and play them when I select to play trailers from my XBMC library?

The script offers a XBMC Movie Library scraper for the trailers.

(2014-06-25, 08:18)shadowen2 Wrote: I have a new question. I've been digging around the 'net for the better part of the day trying to find a solution and I'm not sure what next but I'd like to dig into this a bit further.

First - just tot say - this is a really phenomenal add on and if I could get it to work properly for me it would be amazing.

Here's the trouble. I've gone through all the setup, I have some stills that I preview while my trailers are downloading. I view the trailers. I watch an intro flic (THX demo) and everything is beautiful. Then it comes time for the actual movie and what I get is a frame that sometimes will judder or skip, and audio that occasionally crackles, pops, and pixelates (for lack of a better word).

If I just watch the video without the add-on it works just fine.

I've tried different combinations of intro steps and all cases give the same experience. I've also tried going through the steps and adding the "tsched=0" thing to my pulse audio configuration. I tried transcoding the movie into a different format thinking that if I matched the format of the trailers that might do it. Nothing worked.

At this point i'm at a loss because using this add-on has this nasty side effect. If you guys have other advice for me or if I can post some logs I'd love to dig into it further but right now i'm unsure of where to go from here. It's not really an error or I'd post a log, it's just a quality issue, and I'm not sure how to figure that out.

Thanks,

Shad

With out a debug log, I will be guessing.. I have a feeling that you have the movies as the last video to be played by the script. The script is doing quite a bit during the last video played, If this is the case, try adding a closing video(Feature Presentation Outro, Movie Theatre Outro) Also if this doesn't change the problem, please post a full debug log.
(2014-06-26, 00:59)giftie Wrote: The script offers a XBMC Movie Library scraper for the trailers.

This sounds interesting. And like a whole new make-work project for myself.....

Do the trailers still need -trailer in the filename? And other naming conventions required?

Hope everything else is ok!
(2014-06-26, 01:05)Batiatus Wrote:
(2014-06-26, 00:59)giftie Wrote: The script offers a XBMC Movie Library scraper for the trailers.

Do the trailers still need -trailer in the filename? And other naming conventions required?

They need to be scanned into to the Video Database. This is done by either having them listed in the .NFO file, having them saved in the movie folders(-trailer.xxx) at point of movie scan or XBMC scanned.. The script also adds the option to skip the trailer if it is a YouTube trailer(reducing load on XBMC)
Quote: With out a debug log, I will be guessing.. I have a feeling that you have the movies as the last video to be played by the script. The script is doing quite a bit during the last video played, If this is the case, try adding a closing video(Feature Presentation Outro, Movie Theatre Outro) Also if this doesn't change the problem, please post a full debug log.

Thank you for the insight. I hadn't considered that the script might still be working in the background but that's a good explanation as to why my processor loads spike. I looked at that while I was trying to figure out what was happening.

As for the debug log, I'll look into it and either post back with questions or the log.

THANK YOU!
(2014-06-26, 03:38)giftie Wrote:
(2014-06-26, 01:05)Batiatus Wrote:

They need to be scanned into to the Video Database. This is done by either having them listed in the .NFO file, having them saved in the movie folders(-trailer.xxx) at point of movie scan or XBMC scanned.. The script also adds the option to skip the trailer if it is a YouTube trailer(reducing load on XBMC)

Sounds interesting but for myself I have 11 hard drives full of movies which don't run full-time so CE would end up delayed waking every drive up to scan for the trailer. I think just using 1 central folder for all trailers works best in my case. Still a cool feature I did not know about before.
I was having trouble getting 4.0.10 from the repo working so I decided to try the more current 4.0.13 from GitHub that some one suggested.
Unfortunately, the script fails to load at start up and XBMC throws an error.
See the LINK for log.
It seems to fail around line 555 I think.
(2014-07-01, 05:00)hoobie7 Wrote: I was having trouble getting 4.0.10 from the repo working so I decided to try the more current 4.0.13 from GitHub that some one suggested.
Unfortunately, the script fails to load at start up and XBMC throws an error.
See the LINK for log.
It seems to fail around line 555 I think.

Have you set the settings for the script?

(2014-06-27, 18:33)Batiatus Wrote:
(2014-06-26, 03:38)giftie Wrote:
(2014-06-26, 01:05)Batiatus Wrote: This sounds interesting. And like a whole new make-work project for myself.....

Sounds interesting but for myself I have 11 hard drives full of movies which don't run full-time so CE would end up delayed waking every drive up to scan for the trailer. I think just using 1 central folder for all trailers works best in my case. Still a cool feature I did not know about before.

The script gets the data from XBMC's database directly, the only time the drives would spin up is when the trailer is played.
(2014-07-01, 06:05)giftie Wrote: Have you set the settings for the script?

I have set a few settings, yes.
I have tried this on two Windows 7 boxes and an OpenELEC box.
It looks to me like the script is not creating the ha_scripts folder.
The only file in the script.cinema.experience folder is settings.xml.
However, I may just be missing a step.
  • 253(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Cinema Experience - the new Home Theater Experience Script24