• 52(current)
Linux ChromeBox Kodi E-Z Setup Script (LibreELEC/Linux+Kodi) [2017/02/21]
How is it possible to update the coreboot firmware after openelec standalone installation?

Regards
Quote:Edit: Phew! Putting Chromium OS on a USB3 stick seemed to have done the trick. I did get the boot menu back with the option of HDD or USB3 stick.

What version of Chromium OS did you use and where did you get it?

I'm 0 for 2 in getting Chromium to boot from a USB stick. Tried two different versions of Chromium, a few days apart and two different USB sticks.

Maybe it has to be USB3? But the wiki suggested using USB2 sticks. I want to have a known good bootabe USB stick in case I need to re-install down the road. Running great at the moment and I've run XBMC Backup to save my config and settings.
(2014-07-25, 17:40)magy77 Wrote: How is it possible to update the coreboot firmware after openelec standalone installation?

Regards

Yes. You need to create a USB book stick with Chromium OS. Instructions here (steps 1 and 2). After you log in, you re-run Matt's script. Option 5.
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My HT
(2014-07-25, 18:16)hdmkv Wrote:
(2014-07-25, 17:40)magy77 Wrote: How is it possible to update the coreboot firmware after openelec standalone installation?

Regards

Yes. You need to create a USB boot stick with Chromium OS. Instructions here (steps 1 and 2). After you log in, you re-run Matt's script. Option 5.

Thank you for support, very kindly!

Is it possible to start the Chromebox (Openelec Standalone) with Yatse? over WOL - Wake on Lan? or over CEC?

Regards
(2014-07-25, 18:13)wally_666 Wrote:
Quote:Edit: Phew! Putting Chromium OS on a USB3 stick seemed to have done the trick. I did get the boot menu back with the option of HDD or USB3 stick.

What version of Chromium OS did you use and where did you get it?

I just grabbed the latest daily from here.

(2014-07-25, 18:13)wally_666 Wrote: I'm 0 for 2 in getting Chromium to boot from a USB stick. Tried two different versions of Chromium, a few days apart and two different USB sticks.

Maybe it has to be USB3? But the wiki suggested using USB2 sticks. I want to have a known good bootabe USB stick in case I need to re-install down the road. Running great at the moment and I've run XBMC Backup to save my config and settings.

Hmm, maybe it's worth a shot trying USB3 if the USB2 sticks you've tried haven't worked yet? I did use this USB3 stick and I was able to select it from the boot menu, while I wasn't able to select my external USB2 DVD drive (which I was before, and am again, mind you).

(2014-07-26, 01:07)magy77 Wrote: Is it possible to start the Chromebox (Openelec Standalone) with Yatse? over WOL - Wake on Lan? or over CEC?

Yes to WOL. Would have to re-test CEC in order to be sure.
(2014-07-26, 01:07)magy77 Wrote: Thank you for support, very kindly!

Is it possible to start the Chromebox (Openelec Standalone) with Yatse? over WOL - Wake on Lan? or over CEC?

Regards

WOL and CEC (using a pulse eight adapter) will both turn on the Chromebox when suspended, but not fully powered off

(2014-07-25, 18:13)wally_666 Wrote: Maybe it has to be USB3? But the wiki suggested using USB2 sticks. I want to have a known good bootabe USB stick in case I need to re-install down the road. Running great at the moment and I've run XBMC Backup to save my config and settings.

The USB stick issue was resolved a while back, was a SeaBIOS bug related to initialization timeouts
Sometimes i got not Pictures on the Screen when the Pulse Eight Adapter is between Chromebox and AVR/TV.
Whats the Problem here? Is this solved with v. 4.2?
Does your Pulse Eight adapter remain powered?

Some info.
(2014-07-26, 15:20)DocG Wrote: Does your Pulse Eight adapter remain powered?

Some info.

It's exactly this.
Thank you.

I got another Problem Smile
I bought e rapoo Bluetooth Keyboard today. I tried to connect with Openelec but there stays: "No Bluetooth Adapter Found"
I've tried with Windows 7 and it works there.

Is this a Problem from Openelec( i got no 4.1.2, still not working) or from the Bios?

Regards
(2014-07-26, 17:06)magy77 Wrote: I got another Problem Smile
I bought e rapoo Bluetooth Keyboard today. I tried to connect with Openelec but there stays: "No Bluetooth Adapter Found"

Is this a Problem from Openelec( i got no 4.1.2, still not working) or from the Bios?

Regards

The Bluetooth adapter is turned off by default in OpenELEC, just turn it on in the OpenELEC settings, then you can connect your keyboard
(2014-07-26, 17:49)Matt Devo Wrote:
(2014-07-26, 17:06)magy77 Wrote: I got another Problem Smile

Regards

The Bluetooth adapter is turned off by default in OpenELEC, just turn it on in the OpenELEC settings, then you can connect your keyboard

Haha i didn't see this oh my god.
Now i works great, thanks a lot.

When i set the Chromebox to "Standby" i can't start the Box over Yatse (WOL).
Is there a seeting too to activate this?
(2014-07-26, 19:38)magy77 Wrote: Haha i didn't see this oh my god.

Is there a setting too to activate this?

No, it should just work. Though I think I set it to suspend, not standby
(2014-07-26, 19:45)Matt Devo Wrote:
(2014-07-26, 19:38)magy77 Wrote: Haha i didn't see this oh my god.

Is there a setting too to activate this?

No, it should just work. Though I think I set it to suspend, not standby

When i click suspend nothing happens.
(2014-07-26, 19:55)magy77 Wrote: When i click suspend nothing happens.

I'm not sure what your issue might be unfortunately, unless Yatse is misconfigured somehow
(2014-07-26, 19:58)Matt Devo Wrote:
(2014-07-26, 19:55)magy77 Wrote: When i click suspend nothing happens.

I'm not sure what your issue might be unfortunately, unless Yatse is misconfigured somehow

No its not a Yatse Problem. When i click Suspend in Openelec the Box stays on nothing is suspend or turning off.
Then i tried to Standby that works well. But i cant wake up over WOL
  • 52(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ChromeBox Kodi E-Z Setup Script (LibreELEC/Linux+Kodi) [2017/02/21]37