Android AFTV: Problems during video playback navigation
Hi all,

I'm using XBMC (latest realease 13.2) on Amazon Fire TV.
I've plugged a USB device with a few episodes of a tv serie (Fargo).
I can play the episode on XBMC but sadly when I "jump" forward and backward for 30 seconds or 10 minutes, it seems not to work properly.
The video starts from the beginning.

I'm pretty sure it depends on the USB device I'm using but I'd like to know if there's a way to fix this issue.
Thanks for help.
I see this constantly with my 13.1 install when playing videos over SMB. I was hoping upgrading to 13.2 would fix it, sad to hear that it hasn't.
By the way, you might get more attention in this thread if you make the topic a bit less vagues. "AFTV: Problems during video playback navigation" perhaps.
Try SPMC, it worked for me. I can jump forward and backward to my hearts content. Here http://spmc.semperpax.com/
Make sure to choose the Non-launcher APK link if you want the normal XBMC and not XBMC as a launcher.
(2014-08-20, 04:19)SandmanCL Wrote: I see this constantly with my 13.1 install when playing videos over SMB. I was hoping upgrading to 13.2 would fix it, sad to hear that it hasn't.
By the way, you might get more attention in this thread if you make the topic a bit less vagues. "AFTV: Problems during video playback navigation" perhaps.

Thanks, just did it.

(2014-08-20, 04:37)Set845 Wrote: Try SPMC, it worked for me. I can jump forward and backward to my hearts content. Here http://spmc.semperpax.com/
Make sure to choose the Non-launcher APK link if you want the normal XBMC and not XBMC as a launcher.

Thanks for the hint.
Will try immediately.
I have a similar problem. I do use SPMC on my firetv, and only have libstagefright enabled.

When I seek forward 30s in a MKV h.264 video, the framerate drops and it stutters. If I then seek back 8s, it usually corrects itself. This happens in some videos and not others. I can provide logs later on, if this isn't a known issue somewhere.
(2014-08-20, 17:26)rodalpho Wrote: I have a similar problem. I do use SPMC on my firetv, and only have libstagefright enabled.

When I seek forward 30s in a MKV h.264 video, the framerate drops and it stutters. If I then seek back 8s, it usually corrects itself. This happens in some videos and not others. I can provide logs later on, if this isn't a known issue somewhere.

I've seen that happen at the start of a video, never in the middle of watching one. I'm using mediacodec. I've found that libstagefright won't play some videos, black screen with audio. I also found that when using mediacodec, libstagefright needs to be turned off or those same videos won't play. I know that with mediacodec and libstagefright enabled only mediacodec is supposed to be running but that doesn't seem to be the case here. There should be no difference between libstagefright and mediacodec being enabled as opposed to just mediacodec being enabled. I have no explanation for this. I'm on SPMC 13.3.2.
For me, it seems to happen intermittently when seeking inside a video, not only at the beginning. Once a video is smoothly playing at 1x speed, it never starts stuttering on its own. Only when I seek.

I never had any problems with black screens either.

If you enable both libstagefright and mediacodec, it will always use mediacodec. As I understand it, for the firetv mediacodec should be explicitly disabled.
(2014-08-20, 20:05)rodalpho Wrote: If you enable both libstagefright and mediacodec, it will always use mediacodec. As I understand it, for the firetv mediacodec should be explicitly disabled.

I agree that with both libstagefright and mediacodec enabled it should just use mediacodec, but it's not. I don't have an explanation as to why certain videos play with just mediacodec enabled and won't play with both enabled. They won't play with just libstagefright enabled either. This is on SPMC 13.3.2, mind you.

I think that disabling mediacodec on the firetv is old news now. I'm pretty sure that was fixed in XBMC 13.1 or earlier.
Can you substantiate that? I wasn't able to find it anywhere.

Anyway, I tried it with mediacodec enabled and saw the same stuttering on seek.
Not off the top of my head. Thats why I said "I think". I'll look for it.
On SPMC, when both libstagefright and mediacodec are enabled, libstagefright is used (it's the other way on xbmc).
This is for Rockchip "enhanced" libstagefright to be picked up.
(2014-08-20, 17:26)rodalpho Wrote: I have a similar problem. I do use SPMC on my firetv, and only have libstagefright enabled.

Ok, tried SPMC and... it worked flawlessy!
Thanks so much.

Now I've a pretty dumb question: what is this SPMC!?
What is his purpose?

Anyway, problem solved for now.
SPMC is my personal, android-targeted, xbmc spinoff.
Android is still pretty much in its infancy as a media platform, so dirty hacks are sometimes needed for XBMC to work nicely on some chips.
Those hacks do not have their place in XBMC self, and will become obsolete as Android matures as an AV platform.
(2014-08-21, 08:49)Koying Wrote: On SPMC, when both libstagefright and mediacodec are enabled, libstagefright is used (it's the other way on xbmc).
This is for Rockchip "enhanced" libstagefright to be picked up.

Ok that makes perfect sense. Thanks. So which should we use? Or is it dependent on our own situations, how we use it and what file types of files we play? Thanks for all you've done for us.
Quick question. I started using your app and noticed under audio settings that I am not able to change the channel from 2.0. I can't even highlight that item. With XBMC, I am able to change it to 5.1.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
AFTV: Problems during video playback navigation0