• 10(current)
Release P2P-Streams - SopCast and AceStream for Kodi
(2014-08-30, 18:08)Broken9754 Wrote: Thanks for all the work on this addon! I'm trying to get it working but for the life of me I can't get the sopcast service to install. Acestream works fine. "Download modules on boot" doesn't seem to do anything unless I delete the addon settings and run it fresh, but even then it just redownloads acestream modules only. Sopcast is installed and works via it's own GUI. I have the options in sopcast set as per the wiki instructions. I'm on windows 7, and XBMC is run as administrator as per instructions. Any help would be appreciatd. Here's a log if it helps.

Same for me...but I already saw that enen found the issue! You are incredible! Rofl

(2014-08-30, 01:42)axlt2002 Wrote: Ciao enen92! Nice to see you here! Wink

Just to notify that when I select an event for which there are no SopCast/AceStram streams available, after the window that says "AceStream or SopCast links not found.", when I click ok, a second window appears saying "An error occoured" and afterwards the list of the events desappear...I have to press the backspace to return to it...I remember in a previous version of the addon that after the "not found" message, the event list was still displayed, no "error" message at all.

Please find at the following link the log https://copy.com/XttZM3xW11N8. Just serach in it for the event "Philadelphia Phillies vs. New York Mets"; it gave me the error reported above.

I'm actuallt running the latest version of the addon inside Gotham 13.2 on Windows 8.1.

Cheers,

axlt2002

Did you reproduced this issue? Is my log sufficient or do you need more inputs on my side to help you?
Light IMDb Ratings Update - Keep updated the IMDb ratings for your movies and TV shows.
In case you found useful my work, feel free to offer me a cappuccino!
"Fixed" that after your msg yesterday: https://github.com/enen92/P2P-Streams-XB...3933b0a0a9

Please edit your translation there's a bunch of new strings I added to it in english:

https://github.com/enen92/P2P-Streams-XB...trings.xml
(2014-08-31, 02:51)enen92 Wrote: "Fixed" that after your msg yesterday: https://github.com/enen92/P2P-Streams-XB...3933b0a0a9

Please edit your translation there's a bunch of new strings I added to it in english:

https://github.com/enen92/P2P-Streams-XB...trings.xml

Thanks for the fix! Wink

Of course I will be glad to update the italian translation! Blush Some question for clarification:

1) Where I can find the new english strings you added?
2) I found an error in the italian description of the addon...where is it located since is not part of the strings.xml?
3) Now, the first time entering in the parsers section, there is a disclaimer displayed just for the first time...where Am I supposed to write the italian translation for this?
Light IMDb Ratings Update - Keep updated the IMDb ratings for your movies and TV shows.
In case you found useful my work, feel free to offer me a cappuccino!
on acestream getting 'pre-buffering' seeds: 3 download 0'

just stays like that; what should i look to or install to correct : linux64 gotham recent build
(2014-08-30, 19:42)enen92 Wrote: Jayphen, confirmed the problem, will fix it next version. Thanks for reporting

Great, glad I could help.

I do have a quick question — I've just bought an Intel NUC (64-bit) and was planning on using XBMC on that instead of my current setup (Ubuntu). I was thinking of running OpenELEC. Your add-on is pretty much required for me (I watch a lot of football) … would you recommend not using OpenELEC if I want the best experience? If so, what OS would you recommend?
(2014-08-31, 01:50)enen92 Wrote:
(2014-08-31, 01:35)bam80 Wrote:
(2014-08-30, 17:39)enen92 Wrote: Jayphen can you run this command and return me the output?

This gives me
Code:
Cannot load libraries: path /home/bam/.xbmc/userdata/addon_data/plugin.video.p2p-streams/acestream/lib
How can I debug it?

You're likely running openelec, there's a reason for the packages to be different. The addon in Openelec (except arm) starts the engine as:

Quote:sh $HOME/.xbmc/userdata/addon_data/plugin.video.p2p-streams/acestream/start.sh

libs need to be exported and the bundle also has openssl (the one used in the OS was not compiled with the required flags for the m2crypto module). I'll have a look as soon as possible. However, openelec dev's dropped the virtual build which makes testing systems I don't run a bit of a pain.
Thank you, but I'm running Slackware 64-bit. It would be fine if you try it on Virtual, or suggest other things I could try.
(2014-08-31, 06:45)Jayphen Wrote:
(2014-08-30, 19:42)enen92 Wrote: Jayphen, confirmed the problem, will fix it next version. Thanks for reporting

I do have a quick question — I've just bought an Intel NUC (64-bit) and was planning on using XBMC on that instead of my current setup (Ubuntu). I was thinking of running OpenELEC. Your add-on is pretty much required for me (I watch a lot of football) … would you recommend not using OpenELEC if I want the best experience? If so, what OS would you recommend?

The addon bundles sopcast and acestreams, both are really different. Unfortunately there isn't a top operating system for both at the same time.
Sopcast works a little better on linux, mostly because of xbmc being more stable on linux. However acestream, as it is a russian/ukranian technology and 90%+ of users there ran windows it runs a bit better on windows and also receives much more updates on windows than on Linux/android.
It still works fine under linux as well but it's not their priority.
If I had spare money to spend on a proper htpc (my main htpc is a raspberry pi) I would probably go for xbmcbuntu at first for convenience. Openelec is fine as well (despite the addon being broken atm) but it's a bit too closed for my needs. If I had a powerfull machine I would go for a full linux distro in which I could easily install (without trouble) a lot of external tools.
However, for the pi (due to its hardware limitations) I use openelec.

The problem with openelec for me is development. Since they discontinued the virtual builds it's almost impossible for me to develop and test the addon at the same time in openelec. I just have one computer.
By the way, if someone has a backup of an openelec vmdk file (even really old versions) It would be really helpfull.
Hi,
On my raspberry pi with openelec 4.0.7, most of link sopcast won't start with message inizialization failed.... Most on rojadirecta/wizing.
And when works i have often a lot of buffering / artifacts / macroblocks.
Just tried Overclock high and medium, without difference.
Rarely goes well on football, but i can't watch motogp.
I use dongle wireless n 300mbps on rasp with a connection of 20 Mbps, wifi signal is good, i can stream in 1080p in wifi over lan.
what can i do?
Sorry for my english :O
Thanx
Hi guys, excellent site. Done a lot of reading and my problem doesn't seem that common and was hoping you could help.

I have a mini x7 and running the engine via p2p on xbmc. Problem I have is the streams play perfect but after 2 minutes they keep closing on acetorrent. Its very weird, I have a 50mb connection and the streams will open as normal but after 2 minutes pass the stream closes and I have to relaunch it. This only happens within acetorrent, does anyone have any ideas?
I apologize for that, should have been more specific. I'm running on a Raspberry Pi, with OpenELEC 4.0.6. I am also getting a "channel initialization failed" message.

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=281561

I'm digging through the logs but I really can't make heads or tails of it. I tried going and force detecting it as Android because I saw the line:

23:23:37 T:2659177552 NOTICE: Linux not android..

But that didn't seem to make any difference.

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=282772

Again, thanks for everything you do.
(2014-08-31, 16:57)twist_uk Wrote: Hi guys, excellent site. Done a lot of reading and my problem doesn't seem that common and was hoping you could help.

I have a mini x7 and running the engine via p2p on xbmc. Problem I have is the streams play perfect but after 2 minutes they keep closing on acetorrent. Its very weird, I have a 50mb connection and the streams will open as normal but after 2 minutes pass the stream closes and I have to relaunch it. This only happens within acetorrent, does anyone have any ideas?

I've had the same problem and enen kindly made a fix and asked me to update from github. Does anyone know how to do this as i've never used github before? I've googled the site and found his update but how do i apply it?? Any help would be great
If you could get that fix upped it would be fantastic.

I have an advancedsettings file with 5% free memory cache and a limit of 252420MB as suggested online but still keeps cutting out. Think its an android problem as works fine on my windows laptop. Suppose I best dig out the old HDMI cable for noe Tongue
(2014-08-31, 15:52)enen92 Wrote:
(2014-08-31, 06:45)Jayphen Wrote:

The addon bundles sopcast and acestreams, both are really different. Unfortunately there isn't a top operating system for both at the same time.
Sopcast works a little better on linux, mostly because of xbmc being more stable on linux. However acestream, as it is a russian/ukranian technology and 90%+ of users there ran windows it runs a bit better on windows and also receives much more updates on windows than on Linux/android.
It still works fine under linux as well but it's not their priority.
If I had spare money to spend on a proper htpc (my main htpc is a raspberry pi) I would probably go for xbmcbuntu at first for convenience. Openelec is fine as well (despite the addon being broken atm) but it's a bit too closed for my needs. If I had a powerfull machine I would go for a full linux distro in which I could easily install (without trouble) a lot of external tools.
However, for the pi (due to its hardware limitations) I use openelec.

The problem with openelec for me is development. Since they discontinued the virtual builds it's almost impossible for me to develop and test the addon at the same time in openelec. I just have one computer.
By the way, if someone has a backup of an openelec vmdk file (even really old versions) It would be really helpfull.

Thanks for the reply.

Whilst Acestream is the most important to me (seems there aren't many Sopcast streams these days), there's no way I'll use Windows! Maybe XBMCBuntu is the best option. Thanks.

PS — Managed to watch a 2000Kbps Acestream last night for 2 hours with no buffering, although the first 10 minutes it buffered every minute or so. I assume that's normal as Acestream is finding more seeders to connect to.
Enen,

Any updates on ''download modules'' not working for sopcast ?

Thanks for your work ...
(2014-09-01, 12:57)GeorgeRx Wrote: Enen,

Any updates on ''download modules'' not working for sopcast ?

Thanks for your work ...

It's fixed on github as well since saturday night, still a few issues left till I push it as a new update to the repo.
  • 10(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
P2P-Streams - SopCast and AceStream for Kodi14