• 7(current)
Release [BETA] Persona
looking really great, nice job!
Loving this skin. Best one I've found so far and runs like a dream on my android TV box.
Can't wait for the Live TV section to be coded
The only thing missing for me is the RSS feed on the home page.

Keep up the good work Smile
I really like this skin except for some reason the TV widgets do not appear. It's just blank. Tried reenabling and then tried changing the types of episodes (random, recommended or recently added). Just showed up blank. But Movies and music widgets appear normal.
(2014-09-08, 05:20)Tripp Wrote: I really like this skin except for some reason the TV widgets do not appear. It's just blank. Tried reenabling and then tried changing the types of episodes (random, recommended or recently added). Just showed up blank. But Movies and music widgets appear normal.

Are you using Helix? Had the same issue with the Alpha. With Gotham the TV widget should work.
No I am on Gotham.
Hi Eddage, is Persona still being worked on?
(2014-09-16, 16:48)prawnee Wrote: Hi Eddage, is Persona still being worked on?

Right now I'm focusing on Unity, but Persona is by no means dead.

Considering all of the dialogs (apart form the karaoke ones) have been coded I feel it's a good time to give it a rest. Of course if there are any major bugs stopping people from using it then I will fix these!

Hi @Eddage, can you please check the following problems:
- The search box is not working for me, when i type it does nothing or sends a PVR error. This is in Android KK using xbmc 13.1 and 13.2

- Also when going back to the movies list or main menu all the arts reload/refresh and it takes few second each time but Music menu for example sometimes take much longer to populate the arts again.

- In some parts when browsing options lists (like the "S" key Shutdown options list type) i can't go quickly to the bottom/last option of the list, i have to go down one by one and if i pass it by accident i have to again go one by one until i reach the last option of the list. e.g: when browsing for backgrounds, subtitles, skin settings,etc

- When changing to another skin under Appearance it doesn't change at first try, a second try works but then when coming back to Persona Skin, options like "Colours" under Appearance reset to default. So for example if i change theme to "Night" it will reset to "Skin default"

I also have few requests if you want to consider:

- In progress/still watching option for Movies
if i stop watching a movie and later i want to keep watching from where i left i have to go and search for the movie, pick the one within movie collection folder and press "resume". In-Progress movies 1 click solution needed

- Custom background for custom and non custom main menus (e.g: settings). PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE

- If instead of the fanart "tile" you use the poster art and gray out their respective small poster pic while selected then there would be space for 2 maybe 4 addons/custom tiles. That would be nice. Just my 2 cents. I'll try to make a photoshop pic about it and post it here.

- Bigger text for centered options list. e.g when you presss "S" key a list of options show up. AND maybe change font or bold some so it looks better AND READABLE on big screens like TV (which is the most used end for XBMC).

Oh i made a few videos of the skin, i have to edit and put them together then upload to youtube. I'll post it when done and maybe you can add it to OP.

Thanks and keep up the good work!
Do you accept donations via Paypal?
My XBMC/Kodi folder: addons, skins, addon/menu backgrounds & more
(2014-09-16, 18:31)Veronica Wrote: Hi @Eddage, can you please check the following problems:
- The search box is not working for me, when i type it does nothing or sends a PVR error. This is in Android KK using xbmc 13.1 and 13.2

Are you referring to the search box on the home menu? When you click on it it should bring up the keyboard, from which you can search. It uses the global search addon so can you please double check that you have that installed.

Quote:- Also when going back to the movies list or main menu all the arts reload/refresh and it takes few second each time but Music menu for example sometimes take much longer to populate the arts again.

Again, I assume you're referring to the widgets on the home screen? As far as I'm aware there is no way to speed this up, xbmc has to populate the lists which can take time. This isn't something I have noticed as my computer is pretty fast. How big is your music library, because I'm guessing this can affect the speed, also think things like mysql databases/networked files are slower than if it's locally stored.

Quote:- In some parts when browsing options lists (like the "S" key Shutdown options list type) i can't go quickly to the bottom/last option of the list, i have to go down one by one and if i pass it by accident i have to again go one by one until i reach the last option of the list. e.g: when browsing for backgrounds, subtitles, skin settings,etc

Not sure I fully understand your point here... The shutdown menu you can definitely go straight to the bottom (press up when you're at the top of the list), and surely if you go past an item you can just go back up?

Quote:- When changing to another skin under Appearance it doesn't change at first try, a second try works but then when coming back to Persona Skin, options like "Colours" under Appearance reset to default. So for example if i change theme to "Night" it will reset to "Skin default"

This is an issue I'm aware of. For some reason if you're not using the default colour scheme the first time you change to a different skin it just reloads Persona again with the default colours. It's on my to do list.

Quote:I also have few requests if you want to consider:

- In progress/still watching option for Movies
if i stop watching a movie and later i want to keep watching from where i left i have to go and search for the movie, pick the one within movie collection folder and press "resume". In-Progress movies 1 click solution needed

This is something I can and have planned to add later. Eventually I want to create hubs for each section (movies, tv shows, music) where things like in progress movies/tv shows can be accessed.

Quote:- Custom background for custom and non custom main menus (e.g: settings). PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE

Again, this is something I had always planned to add.

Quote:- If instead of the fanart "tile" you use the poster art and gray out their respective small poster pic while selected then there would be space for 2 maybe 4 addons/custom tiles. That would be nice. Just my 2 cents. I'll try to make a photoshop pic about it and post it here.

At the moment I'm not sure about adding custom tiles to the movies, tv shows and music sections of the main menu. It may happen in the future but it's not a priority for me as you can already add items to the sub menu.

Quote:- Bigger text for centered options list. e.g when you presss "S" key a list of options show up. AND maybe change font or bold some so it looks better AND READABLE on big screens like TV (which is the most used end for XBMC).

I've tested the skin throughout on my TV and personally don't have an issue with any text sizes/readability. Perhaps it's more of a problem depending on the colour scheme you're using? Which one do tend to use?

Quote:Oh i made a few videos of the skin, i have to edit and put them together then upload to youtube. I'll post it when done and maybe you can add it to OP.

Thanks and keep up the good work!
Do you accept donations via Paypal?

Looking forward to seeing the videos!

Regarding donations; it's not something I've ever really thought about, of course if you would like to donate then please feel free (paypal email is [email protected]), but I have to stress that if people do donate then they will not get priority over other users.

I don't want to end up with a situation where anyone who has donated thinks that their requests will get seen to first, or that just because they have given me a bit of money I will definitely incorporate their ideas. At the end of the day this is a skin I have created for myself and I will not change my design style/beliefs!

Hi Eddage,

Seriously the only this missing in my eyes is the Live TV section. Do you have any plans to add this any time soon?

Thanks,
Sup3rlativ3
Iam am trying to install this skin on my new probox android tv box and I keep getting the error "Addon does not have the correct structure. I downloaded the zip to my android device, went into xbmc - then addons then install from zip and selected the skin.persona-master.zip file.

What am I doing wrong? Does the file need to be in a certain folder within the .xbmc file structure or do I have to rename it or something?

Thanks.
That usually means the file is corrupt, just try re-downloading it.
Raspberry Pi Model B 2 1024MB @ 1.0Ghz w/OSMC
--Decommissioned-- Raspberry Pi Model B 512MB @ 1.0Ghz w/ 3TB USB Drive Running Open Media Vault
Great job with the skin.
Loving this skin so far , but one feature is dearly missed. The Custom Shutdown Timer function. Any plans on adding this particular feature?
This looks really good and ready for use - the only feature missing is pvr support.

I know you said you are focused on unity but has any progress been made with pvr and do you feel this will be released or is this all on hold for now?
  • 7(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[BETA] Persona11