Req Speech to text or Voice control
Information 
Hi;
I suggest feature. Many remote controls have microfone. Built-in microfone. So why we dont use them with XBMC? Example for my suggest:

This screen maybe work speech to text? ı think this is usefull feature. Some think this is how work.

Microfone--> xbmc --> Google speech to text api --> Text ->> Text in textbox the end.

??
Bump this now that both Amazon Fire TV and Google Nexus Player (Android TV) have good proof-of-concept for these.

This of course relate both directly and indirectly to this other old thread about voice recognition and control

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=9280

Now days there are also ways of accessing third-party open APIs online such as Google Speech and Apple HomeKit / Siri.

There is also Zypr API which aggregates many of those third-party APIs for voice commnads https://www.zypr.net

Again a proof-of-concept is Amazon Fire TV which have a very good "Voice Search" feature which shows how voice command adds accessibility to the search function in a media player
Amazon works well because it can use a specific dictionary of all of the movies available in the library. Just using the google API without restraining it to a set or keywords would not have great results. By contraining the set of possible matches to the movies and TV shows in the library results would be better. Also note, the way I understand it, to use the Google API users would have to go through a complicated set of instructions enabling the API, and entering the API key into Kodi. Even then the maximum searches per day is 50 per API key. The other option is for Kodi to pay for API usage or only use a remote app for the voice commands since we can access the API through google play services.
I would love just the speech to text feature. I understand the difficulty of searching for specific shows in many different addons, but I would be happy to not have to hunt and peck when the search box is opened. It's not a huge deal when using a keyboard or even a touchscreen device, but I primarily use a Fire TV Stick for my Kodi usage and I don't always want to use my phone as a remote. Simple "talk to text" in the search box would be awesome.
I agree with mooseknuckle. this would be a great use of the mics built into Android TV remotes.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Speech to text or Voice control1