• 479(current)
[OLD/CLOSED] PseudoTV Live - Set-Top box solution
Make sure you correctly type the password, caps matter lol. I had that issue the first time I entered mine.
Hi all,

I checked a youtube video on the setup for this. I'm dying to get this running, but having no luck

Starts off..loading and updating channels. Then I get the below:

Listing unavailable - internet tv
tv listing unavailable - check your xmltv file

Any ideas?

Thanks
(2014-11-12, 00:37)redhalo Wrote: I believe you want your playlist to be an "episode" playlist and not a "tv show".

I'm not using playlists, but I have tried with playlists and those are a no go too... Thnx for the tip though!
(2014-11-12, 04:59)ddzc Wrote: Hi all,

I checked a youtube video on the setup for this. I'm dying to get this running, but having no luck

Any ideas?

Thanks

If you are trying to autotune your setup, first thing I would do, is go through the autotune menu and disable "internet tv" and "live tv"

Seems like that's what causing your set up to hang, my guess is you probably don't have a XMLTV file for those sources.

Try disabling them and select "force reset on next launch" under PTVL's general menu.
(2014-11-11, 23:40)MxLucas Wrote: I've been searching this forum and thread for an answer, but instead found this unanswered question, which is surprisingly similar to my situation:

I've been trying the same thing (for a few days now) and for the life of me, I can't get it to work properly: episodes aren't in order at all...

my simple (but flawed)
- channel is based on genre
- play only unwatched
- play in order
- force resume
- unlimited entries per channel

Can anyone please enlighten me?

So I was playing around with this yesterday. Wanted to make a channel of only my unwatched shows and keep them in some sort of order.

I think what you have to do is in XBMC create a smart playlist. Set the Type to Episodes, name to Channel_4 (or whatever number your using) and a rule "Play count less than 1". You can then set the order to whatever you want.

Then in PTVL you then create a custom channel and point it to this playlist. You can then set more rules in there.

I think this will help you to get what you are trying to do.
(2014-11-12, 17:26)GavinCampbell Wrote:
(2014-11-11, 23:40)MxLucas Wrote: I've been searching this forum and thread for an answer, but instead found this unanswered question, which is surprisingly similar to my situation:

I've been trying the same thing (for a few days now) and for the life of me, I can't get it to work properly: episodes aren't in order at all...

my simple (but flawed)
- channel is based on genre
- play only unwatched
- play in order
- force resume
- unlimited entries per channel

Can anyone please enlighten me?

So I was playing around with this yesterday. Wanted to make a channel of only my unwatched shows and keep them in some sort of order.

I think what you have to do is in XBMC create a smart playlist. Set the Type to Episodes, name to Channel_4 (or whatever number your using) and a rule "Play count less than 1". You can then set the order to whatever you want.

Then in PTVL you then create a custom channel and point it to this playlist. You can then set more rules in there.

You are correct, you can also create more rules within the smart playlist to filter unwanted content... But the playlist does not have to be named "Channel_#" that naming scheme is only needed if you wanted to autotune the playlist.
If you are creating a channel from within a manager, it can be named anything you like.

(2014-11-12, 16:41)ARYEZ Wrote:

Any ideas?

Thanks

If you are trying to autotune your setup, first thing I would do, is go through the autotune menu and disable "internet tv" and "live tv"

Seems like that's what causing your set up to hang, my guess is you probably don't have a XMLTV file for those sources.

Try disabling them and select "force reset on next launch" under PTVL's general menu.

If there is a "hang up" I would really like a log, only way I can add code to avoid these encounters... Thanks for trying to help ARYEZ, btw I haven't forgotten about the music channels Wink I'll work on it soon.
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?
Can somebody confirm this doesn't work with Helix. I don't want to move back to Gotham, but I'd like some kind of guide. Also, is this easier/better than F.T.V?
not helix compat yet.
first_time_user (wiki) | free content (wiki) | forum rules (wiki) | PVR (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)

IMPORTANT:
The official Kodi version does not contain any content what so ever. This means that you should provide your own content from a local or remote storage location, DVD, Blu-Ray or any other media carrier that you own. Additionally Kodi allows you to install third-party plugins that may provide access to content that is freely available on the official content provider website. The watching or listening of illegal or pirated content which would otherwise need to be paid for is not endorsed or approved by Team Kodi.
(2014-11-12, 19:29)bry- Wrote: not helix compat yet.

ty sir. I figured it was there somewhere in the first pages or so, but for the life of me, I could not find it. I did scan and look, I apologize if I missed it, alot to digest in setting up a system.

This place rocks. thank you guys.
(2014-11-12, 19:35)lowkee00 Wrote:
(2014-11-12, 19:29)bry- Wrote: not helix compat yet.

ty sir. I figured it was there somewhere in the first pages or so, but for the life of me, I could not find it. I did scan and look, I apologize if I missed it, alot to digest in setting up a system.

This place rocks. thank you guys.

np - but for future ref

search functions are awesome
first_time_user (wiki) | free content (wiki) | forum rules (wiki) | PVR (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)

IMPORTANT:
The official Kodi version does not contain any content what so ever. This means that you should provide your own content from a local or remote storage location, DVD, Blu-Ray or any other media carrier that you own. Additionally Kodi allows you to install third-party plugins that may provide access to content that is freely available on the official content provider website. The watching or listening of illegal or pirated content which would otherwise need to be paid for is not endorsed or approved by Team Kodi.
(2014-11-12, 17:54)Lunatixz Wrote: .

If there is a "hang up" I would really like a log, only way I can add code to avoid these encounters... Thanks for trying to help ARYEZ, btw I haven't forgotten about the music channels Wink I'll work on it soon.

MUSIC CHANNELS!!!!

Haha in all seriousness man that is awesome news! With set top box mode and MP3 based music channels, I'd never have to exit PTVL. [CLAPPING HANDS SIGN]
(2014-11-12, 17:54)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2014-11-12, 17:26)GavinCampbell Wrote: So I was playing around with this yesterday. Wanted to make a channel of only my unwatched shows and keep them in some sort of order.

You are correct, you can also create more rules within the smart playlist to filter unwanted content... But the playlist does not have to be named "Channel_#" that naming scheme is only needed if you wanted to autotune the playlist.
If you are creating a channel from within a manager, it can be named anything you like.

First of, thank you both for the tips! It sort of works, but it kinda doesn't... Let me explain:

So I had 5 channels, based on different TV genres (within PTVL), to play unwatched episodes, in order. Everything checked out, except everything was NOT in order and completely random. Couldn't make it work and asked you lovely and helpful people for help.Then applying your tips about the playlists, I added a sixth channel; based on a playlist containing a genre and unwatched episodes of different series. The only options I set for this channel were ' in order' and name it 'test'. AND BEHOLD, IT WORKED! So I added the other 4 channels and those WORKED TOO! AMAZING! But then it started going wrong (again). I removed the first 5 channels, as they were redundant and obviously not working, which made the remaining 5 playlist-based channels scramble all the episodes at random again! WTF!?!?!?!

Am I doing something wrong? Is PTVL play tricks on me? This is so frustrating. Any ideas?
(2014-11-12, 16:41)ARYEZ Wrote:

Any ideas?

Thanks

Thanks a lot for the response. Isn't the XMLTV file for the PVR feature? I had that off.

Anyway, I force reset on next launch and enabled auto tune but I disabled everything, just to see if it will load up. This time around, it loaded and added a bunch of weird content from youtube lol. Now that I have it running, how do I enable it to play some real, good content? I know some guys had it running all of the U.S channels. Thanks Smile
(2014-11-13, 04:45)ddzc Wrote: Thanks a lot for the response. Isn't the XMLTV file for the PVR feature? I had that off.

Anyway, I force reset on next launch and enabled auto tune but I disabled everything, just to see if it will load up. This time around, it loaded and added a bunch of weird content from youtube lol. Now that I have it running, how do I enable it to play some real, good content? I know some guys had it running all of the U.S channels. Thanks Smile

I think the US channels you are talking about is the tie in with the USTVNow service. You need to sign up for the free account first and can try it out before committing to it.
(2014-11-13, 04:45)ddzc Wrote: Thanks a lot for the response. Isn't the XMLTV file for the PVR feature? I had that off.

I recommend you read through the first 2 posts again.

ustvnow is an easy way to get US channels on PTVL.

It took me a few days to learn how to build channels. Having someone point me to the Channel Manager was a huge help.

Trial and error will be the only way to get your channels exactly how you like them.

Ok I have exhausted all my options, I need help. I cant for the life of me figure out why artwork will not show up. I have tried everything I can think of. 1 time it randomly showed artwork and EPG colors then went away. so I know its possible on my setup.... When I go into settings I enable artwork and colors then I open PTVL. The artwork never shows and when I close it out and look in settings again those options are unticked. I am using AFTV

XBMC Log
  • 479(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[OLD/CLOSED] PseudoTV Live - Set-Top box solution45