• 35(current)
Genaitech/Mygica ATV520, Android, XBMC, my experiences
(2014-10-24, 13:43)AuXBoX Wrote: Does anyone know what Broadcom wifi chip the atv520e uses

Uses the WL-211.

Complete words on the cover:
WL-211
COD605F

(2014-07-12, 18:07)WTE1 Wrote: The files for updating the 520 to 4.2.2 are now on the MyGica forum.

Release dated 8.24.14 at

4.1 to 4.2
https://www.mygicausa.com/android-42-for...ore-models

4.2 July to 4.2 8.24.14
Get the update file inside the above link and rename extension to IMG and install using Update APK.
Help needed....
I was trying to update atv520 from android 4.1 to 4.2.2 but now my box is stuck on red light. Anyone know how to fix this issue.
Thanks in advance
(2014-11-15, 04:21)sunnyhero Wrote: Help needed....
I was trying to update atv520 from android 4.1 to 4.2.2 but now my box is stuck on red light. Anyone know how to fix this issue.
Thanks in advance

That's not good.

Disconnect everything but the HDMI cable and remove all USB and SD cards. Can you boot to recovery? (Use the paperclip to hold the reset button for 10 seconds while plugging in the power cable).
No...box is not going in recovery. Might be something wrong with reset button or box is bricked.
Have you updated from 4.1 to 4.2.2. using mygica / geniatech recomended procedure?
That means copying files to SD and booting device presing recovery button for 5 seconds?
If you don't use this method in atv1200 you can brick it and I suppose atv520 uses same method...
I have three atv520 boxes.Other two updated perfectly but this box not sure why stuck on red light. I tried already so many tricks to fix this issue but without any luck.
I am running out of ideas now.
(2014-11-15, 16:12)sunnyhero Wrote: No...box is not going in recovery. Might be something wrong with reset button or box is bricked.

You need to make a boot card and recover that way
Go to this link
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/drbtfefd8cqui...lfcGa?dl=0
Press THANK USER if I Help
Thanx AuXbox.... I will try this and let you know.
I have the usb to serial adapter but not sure how to use it with tera term. The information from genaitech is not user friendly. There is any other step by step information available?
Thanks in advance
I'll make one one up and post. You most likely wont need the usb to serial adapter and terra term.
Hopefully all you need is the bootcard
Press THANK USER if I Help
Ok thank you...Will wait
Bump...
(2014-11-17, 01:10)sunnyhero Wrote: Ok thank you...Will wait

The bootcard fixed one box that bricked on me months ago. It is worth the wait. I used the link above but a new version would be nice.

On the MyGica Canada they announce that the RMA department is open for warranty claims. Maybe you can send it to them if the bootcard doesn't fix it. I would confirm they can take your box first before sending it.

http://www.mygica.ca/forum/viewtopic.php?f=94&t=2103
Thanks xbmcdoc your reply....Lets hope i can fix this one or find my receipt. I bought this box from Canada computer around nine months ago but they give you 30 days direct replacement. Will wait and see....
Hello to all, I'm testing the 4.2 firmware and I'm not really satisfied of it:

1. The TV output is stuck to 720p there is no way to change it in settings! (In previous firmwares the possibility existed)
  2. The DD passthrought is gone and, by the way, there are no audio settings anymore (this not worked in the last firmware too, but at least the setting was present... simply did nothing!)
  3. XMBC too is blocked to 720p!
Yes I could try the beta 1080p firmware but it has no more the Myjica Launcher and so it is not adapt to TV use... the icons are too little if I understand correctly.

IMHO this device is not a serious Mediacenter now too little possibility of customizations really...
  • 35(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Genaitech/Mygica ATV520, Android, XBMC, my experiences5