• 48(current)
Release P2P-Streams - SopCast and AceStream for Kodi
well, that's strange...

if i watch say VH1 Classics, after 5-10 minutes video freezes, but audio plays well Big Grin
(2014-11-19, 09:46)nemiris Wrote: Dear All,

Can you please tell me if I can use p2p (with acestream) with apple tv 2? On apple tv 1 works perfect with crystalbuntu.

Thanks!

The only ways are in the wiki (either configure a remote server or use valdikss proxy) however you always need a server (a different computer) to host the stream. Same applies to the raspberry pi.
Since linux arm versions seem to be a no go for acestream dev's I'm thinking of adding a "play to functionality" to the addon making it possible to play acestreams and sopcast between xbmc instances. I don't know how it can be done but probably a mix of http stream (player.open for sopcast) and upnp stream (for acestream as the file needs to be local and the engine only allows one connection at the same time).

(2014-11-19, 12:18)grey Wrote: well, that's strange...

if i watch say VH1 Classics, after 5-10 minutes video freezes, but audio plays well Big Grin

You're probably not uploading and the engine cuts you off after some time as its assumes you're a leacher on the network. I had that problem with my last isp, acestreams were in most cases unusable.
damn... what can i do to improve upload?
i'm on 100mbps)
hum...pretty much what I have already written tons of times before :/
Use this tool http://www.yougetsignal.com/tools/open-ports/ to check if port 8621 is reported open when you play an acestream. If it is not, you need to open it (don't ask me how). This can be sometimes achieved if you enable upnp on your router.

Also note this addon is more used for events than to general livestreams. If you're playing a stream with 2 or 3 seeds it will of course be slow sometimes...

There is a new version of acestream engine (3.0.3) which fixes a few bugs regarding the engine rejecting peers. You might also have a look into that and see if it improves. The addon is using 3.0.2 because I don't have time to be always updating it and I'm expecting them to update it to 3.0.4 soon. You can get it here:
http://wiki.acestream.org/wiki/index.php/AceStream_3.0
thanks!
Is it possible to write my own plugin for kodi to run on android, where i have to put typed name, typed description and logo for each channel, or is there any link for guidance? thanks
Hello.
I'm using your addon p2p streams. When I run a p2p link, a window that says "awaiting response" appears and nothing else happens .
I use it on a PC with Windows XP.
I have installed the latest version of acestream from http://acestream.org/, and I have checked the box "Dowload modules on boot".
What can be happening?
Thank you
(2014-11-20, 08:00)aamirshahzad Wrote: Is it possible to write my own plugin for kodi to run on android, where i have to put typed name, typed description and logo for each channel, or is there any link for guidance? thanks

Parsers are independent python scripts which means there aren't any functions (sdk) in p2p-streams core you can use to make it simpler. You can read a bit how to make your own parser here:

https://github.com/enen92/P2P-Streams-XB...r-tutorial

You can also make your independent addon to play any stream you like by calling the plugin as stated in post #1.

Live streams lists also allows you to use costum icons, sections and fanart.
Let me know if you need help.

(2014-11-20, 13:17)retomoplan Wrote: Hello.
I'm using your addon p2p streams. When I run a p2p link, a window that says "awaiting response" appears and nothing else happens .
I have installed the latest version of acestream from http://acestream.org/, and I have checked the box "Dowload modules on boot".
What can be happening?
Thank you

Probably some error closing the installed engine which is running before starting xbmc. Close all the engines you might have running before entering xbmc.
p2p-streams has a builtin engine in the addon data.
Hello enen92.
I uninstalled acestream from my PC. I uninstalled the addon p2pstreams and I reinstalled it again. I enabled " Dowload modules on boot" .
When I run a p2p link, the AceStream HD icon appears in the right bottom corner of my PC screen, but appears DL = 0 , UL= 0 and Helping= 0, the message "Awaiting response" continues in the addon, and nothing happens.
Thanks
Probably your firewall, antivirus or any other windows "utility" blocking the connections
(2014-11-17, 16:42)owl282820 Wrote: Hi,
I've been trying to use your addon for the past few weeks and keep giving up through frustration. I hope you can help, because when it does work for me it's fantastic. I'm running XBMC Gotham 13.2 on a Win7 machine. Download speed usually in excess of 75Mbps. I have both upload and download settings at unlimited and have used the settings suggested in the wiki for connects etc.The relevant port is confirmed as forwarded on router.

Using Acestreams, when streams play they are brilliant quality with very rare buffering and upload & download rates are usually quite high. However, it's getting the streams to play in the first place that is the problem for me. The streams I'm trying to play using the addon work quickly and perfectly on Acestreams site, but most of the time cause XBMC to freeze. After clicking on the link in the addon the engine starts OK and pre-buffering bar fills up very quickly, but it then disappears and XBMC freezes and I have to use Ctrl, Alt & Del to stop it.

I'd be very grateful if you could have a look at the attached log file and crash log and tell me if there's anything I can do to fix this.

Log file: http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=353518

Crash log: http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=353519

Many thanks in advance, and keep up the brilliant work. There are so many people who are very grateful.

OWL282820

(2014-11-17, 17:02)enen92 Wrote: Have you tried kodi instead of gotham 13.2? That would be possibly the first thing I would try.

(2014-11-17, 17:05)owl282820 Wrote:
(2014-11-17, 17:02)enen92 Wrote: Have you tried kodi instead of gotham 13.2? That would be possibly the first thing I would try.

I'll try it. Thanks for the suggestion. I've been holding back from moving to Kodi because so many people have said it was best to wait, and Gotham was more stable.

(2014-11-17, 17:33)enen92 Wrote: Instead of moving to kodi and possibly break your config i'd create a new windows user and install kodi only for that user. See if you still have those freezes. They're probably related to video acceleration and kodi has a few fixes for that

(2014-11-17, 23:48)owl282820 Wrote:
(2014-11-17, 21:56)enen92 Wrote:
(2014-11-17, 21:42)owl282820 Wrote: I did as you suggested and made the change to Kodi. (It was about time I did anyway). When i attempted to add my streams to favourites, the pop-up box said they were added successfully, but they don't show in favourites. The txt files show in addon_data though. Any ideas?

All those "listings" need to be fixed for Helix on my side, some functions of kodi are different (or behave on a different way). Added it to the to-do list.
How did it behave in respect to the freezes before playback in Kodi?

Streams are working fine now. No freezes. Looking forward to being able to add to favourites for easier access. Many thanks for your suggestions.

Update - Had to move back to Gotham. Too many addons that I use regularly were not working with Kodi. I take it that there's no possible fix or workaround for my original problem?
Hello, enen92 ... excellent addon !! Tested on Android and Win7/8 for several weeks,
now want to move it to my MAIN Linux HTPC running GeeXboX 3.1 on AMD x64 hardware.

Choosing Openelec x86 "Yes" on first run Sopcast runs fine, but Acestream don't
Manually running cmd:
Code:
# $HOME/.xbmc/userdata/addon_data/plugin.video.p2p-streams/acestream/acestreamengine --client-console --lib-path $HOME/.xbmc/userdata/addon_data/plugin.video.p2p-streams/acestream
Error:
Code:
Cannot load libraries: path /root/.xbmc/userdata/addon_data/plugin.video.p2p-streams/acestream/lib
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<entry>", line 6, in <module>
ImportError: /root/.xbmc/userdata/addon_data/plugin.video.p2p-streams/acestream/lib/acestreamengine/Core.so: undefined symbol: PyUnicodeUCS4_DecodeUTF8
Sys Info:
Code:
# cat /proc/version
Linux version 3.13.2 (geexbox@SolidRun-PC) (gcc version 4.8.3 (GCC) ) #1 SMP Thu  Jun 12 17:48:33 IDT 2014
# uname -a
Linux geexbox 3.13.2 #1 SMP Thu Jun 12 17:48:33 IDT 2014 i686 GNU/Linux
release
DISTRIB_ID=GeeXboX
DISTRIB_RELEASE=devel-20140612-r9098ab8
python
Python 2.7.1 (r271:86832, Jun 12 2014, 18:20:03)
[GCC 4.8.3] on linux3
sys.maxunicode = 65535
Maybe some specific distro problem, tried to run GeeXboX x64 version but have some problems with correct font display on XBMC.
Can you point me on what dependencies to check ?
Geexbox is pretty modular and uses OPKG, tested to build some my own using OPENBRICKS.
Will be glad to help on adapting/adding GeeXboX PC distro to your addon.
(2014-11-20, 17:07)enen92 Wrote:
(2014-11-20, 08:00)aamirshahzad Wrote: Is it possible to write my own plugin for kodi to run on android, where i have to put typed name, typed description and logo for each channel, or is there any link for guidance? thanks

Parsers are independent python scripts which means there aren't any functions (sdk) in p2p-streams core you can use to make it simpler. You can read a bit how to make your own parser here:

You can also make your independent addon to play any stream you like by calling the plugin as stated in post #1.

(2014-11-20, 08:00)aamirshahzad Wrote: yes please if you can guide me in doing this, actually i am new in xbmc, is there any link from where i can take some start?

What can be happening?
Thank you

Probably some error closing the installed engine which is running before starting xbmc. Close all the engines you might have running before entering xbmc.
(2014-11-21, 08:42)aamirshahzad Wrote:
(2014-11-20, 17:07)enen92 Wrote:

(2014-11-20, 08:00)aamirshahzad Wrote: yes please if you can guide me in doing this, actually i am new in xbmc, is there any link from where i can take some start? I checked that link, is it possible to write the parser in java instead of python?

What can be happening?
Thank you

Dear you guys,

I'm a complete newbie for Sopcast, but I have managed to follow installation of the addon (use the built-in Acestream not external). It says "all done" now.

My friend sent me a Sopcast link, sop://livesop.arenavision.in:3912/172998,

But really I don't know how to enter that because the "Play SopCast URL" doesn't allow to paste. I'm using Kodi Beta 3, android L.

It doesn't run yet so I don't know how it may turn out. Pls guide me.
  • 48(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
P2P-Streams - SopCast and AceStream for Kodi14