• 3(current)
Kodi has stopped working
Just chiming in - B2 and B3 are crashing hard on Windows right now. I've had it in picture viewing, video playback and just in the menus.

Can't find a cause in the log. DMPs indicate illegal mem references.

I do use skin widgets...might try disabling that.
Addons I wrote &/or maintain:
OzWeather (Australian BOM weather) | Check Previous Episode | Playback Resumer | Unpause Jumpback | XSqueezeDisplay | (Legacy - XSqueeze & XZen)
Sorry, no help w/out a *full debug log*.
Hi,

Seems to be skin widget. Deactivated transparency :-(, deactivated skin widget ... No crahes so far...
Now using aeon skin, but I love T!

Ernest
Hi,

did some testing. Its definitly the skin widget. The crashes occur with all skins using the skin widget. If the skin widget is deactivated (confluence, aeon nox) Kodi is running stable.

I also deinstalled the skin widget, removed all addon-data und made a fresh install from repo ... no change .. Kodi still crashing.

Ernest
Beta 5:

2 crashes with Transparency + skin.widget, 3 crashes with Aeon MQ5 + skin.widget.
No crash with Confluence and Aeon Nox ...
Sorry i dident see this post before i posted, but i also got this a lot, and can reproduce it time after time, i got a chrome extension called "Play to xbmc/kodi" If i open it and something is playing on the HTPC i get the "Kodi stopped working".
At first i thought it was the extension and send him my crash logs and the bug, but he said it was the youtube addon that did it.. Anyway here is my post, but i can be merged into this topic.
210261 (thread)

Btw. should i reproduce my crash and make another log let me know.
if this is a skin widgets problem you perhaps need to find a skin widgets thread or otherwise alert the skin widgets author. I doubt whether the author of skin widgets is just going to happen by accident upon a thread that is simply titled "kodi has stopped working".
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Has nothing to follow with the script. Kodi problem
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
So the findings of the others in the thread that turning off skin widgets prevents crashes is a red herring?
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
No it shows that the issue is in core code
OK. I see.
I just made the crash once more, easy as 1-2-3. All i had to do was to start it and use the chrome extension to turn up and down the volume.
I made a debug log here (Hope i removed all the personal stuff).
http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=360134

Had to Zip

xbmc_crashlog-14.0-RC1 Git_20141130-ea20b83-20141201-223455.dmp
and
xbmc_stacktrace-14.0-RC1 Git_20141130-ea20b83-20141201-223454.txt

since the .DMP is 0 bytes i could not upload it to the site..
XbmcCrash.zip - 514 B
Hi,

RC1 + skin.widget still crashing...
And still no one fixed it
(2014-12-02, 22:56)Martijn Wrote: And still no one fixed it

But do you know what it is that make it crash? Or is there anything else i can provide that you need to find it?
still crashing with RC2
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi has stopped working4