• 42(current)
Skin / Script Development - Updates and Support
(2014-12-02, 19:28)bsoriano Wrote: Phil,

Indeed the work you have done is impressive! Thank you so much.

I am still concerned with the time it takes for me to get a movie info page (between 25 to 50 seconds). Actor info time is now between 5 - 15 seconds.

I found the following in the kodi.log that I do not know if could be related to how slow the movie info page opens:

13:06:20 T:7328 NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
13:06:45 T:6560 ERROR: unmatched parentheses in ListItem.Property(iso_3166_1
13:06:45 T:4880 ERROR: Previous line repeats 1 times.
13:06:45 T:4880 NOTICE: Thread LanguageInvoker start, auto delete: false
13:06:45 T:4880 NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
13:06:45 T:4880 ERROR: XFILE::CDirectory::Create - Error creating C:\
13:06:45 T:5256 ERROR: dll_fgets emulated function failed
13:06:47 T:856 ERROR: CCurlFile::Stat - Failed: HTTP response code said error(22) for http://image.tmdb.org/t/p/w342None

Also, some movies show the codec info on the info page, and others do not, and some show the audio and subtitle language, but it goes away. I imagine that this is due to this still being WIP?

Again, thanks a lot for this awesome skin Phil, and any help will be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Bart

hmm it takes 1-2 seconds here. Please post a complete debug log and also make sure to use newest version of extendedinfo script.
Donate: https://kodi.tv/contribute/donate (foundation), 146Gr48FqHM7TPB9q33HHv6uWpgQqdz1yk (BTC personal)
Estuary: Kodis new default skin - ExtendedInfo Script - KodiDevKit
(2014-12-02, 19:32)phil65 Wrote:
(2014-12-02, 19:28)bsoriano Wrote: Phil,

Indeed the work you have done is impressive! Thank you so much.

I am still concerned with the time it takes for me to get a movie info page (between 25 to 50 seconds). Actor info time is now between 5 - 15 seconds.

I found the following in the kodi.log that I do not know if could be related to how slow the movie info page opens:

13:06:20 T:7328 NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
13:06:45 T:6560 ERROR: unmatched parentheses in ListItem.Property(iso_3166_1
13:06:45 T:4880 ERROR: Previous line repeats 1 times.
13:06:45 T:4880 NOTICE: Thread LanguageInvoker start, auto delete: false
13:06:45 T:4880 NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
13:06:45 T:4880 ERROR: XFILE::CDirectory::Create - Error creating C:\
13:06:45 T:5256 ERROR: dll_fgets emulated function failed
13:06:47 T:856 ERROR: CCurlFile::Stat - Failed: HTTP response code said error(22) for http://image.tmdb.org/t/p/w342None

Also, some movies show the codec info on the info page, and others do not, and some show the audio and subtitle language, but it goes away. I imagine that this is due to this still being WIP?

Again, thanks a lot for this awesome skin Phil, and any help will be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Bart

hmm it takes 1-2 seconds here. Please post a complete debug log and also make sure to use newest version of extendedinfo script.

Hi Phil,
I updated the skin and scripts about 2 hours ago. I have found that pressing "I" to get info on a movie takes up to 50 seconds for me too. The examples in my log however are a bit quicker at around 20 seconds. Here is my LOG.

All my movies are tagged with Media Companion and I have a very large movie and show collection.
cannot recreate it so you are probably out of luck for now. I tested on 2 different machines, no problems on both of them.
Donate: https://kodi.tv/contribute/donate (foundation), 146Gr48FqHM7TPB9q33HHv6uWpgQqdz1yk (BTC personal)
Phil,

Here is my log. Please let me know if you find anything. Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
spotted some very long-lasting JSON requests (especially getting xbmc db actors which could be related to size of your database)
de-activated them for now, update extendedinfo and test again.
(2014-12-02, 21:28)phil65 Wrote: cannot recreate it so you are probably out of luck for now. I tested on 2 different machines, no problems on both of them.

I just done a test by deleting my database and re-adding a single partition of my movies. So now with just a fraction of them included the get info is behaving more like in your youtube videos. I think the problem is that the larger the movie and tv show database the more info it has to cross check on the fly. I am guessing it is likely that the "Similar Movies" is slowing it down and any other info it is crosschecking against the database.

Here is a LOG with the smaller movie and no shows database.

EDIT

Sorry your post above wasn't there when I started typing. Seems you know what the culprit is. I will try your updated script Blush
yes, database cross-comparing is the reason for the delays. pushed another commit which should speed it up to some extent.
(2014-12-02, 13:11)Eisi2005 Wrote: @Phil

how could i get back german plot for movies ? I only get english plot ?
Ever thaught about script settings? Huh
(2014-12-02, 22:39)phil65 Wrote: yes, database cross-comparing is the reason for the delays. pushed another commit which should speed it up to some extent.

I just tried the updated the script and the loading times have been cut in half. It takes 10 seconds now. My collection is I am guessing unusually big with over 6000 movies and aproaching 1000 shows, so I doubt many others will notice any delays like me...LOL
Thanks for shaving off some load time and pushing the boundaries with your new changes. Smile
I had the same delay with 900 Movies and 60 TV-Shows... Now it takes 10-13sec for showing info...
Board: B85M-ITX
CPU: i3 4330
GPU: Geforce GTX 750ti
(2014-12-02, 22:51)Rastan Wrote:
(2014-12-02, 22:39)phil65 Wrote: yes, database cross-comparing is the reason for the delays. pushed another commit which should speed it up to some extent.

I just tried the updated the script and the loading times have been cut in half. It takes 10 seconds now. My collection is I am guessing unusually big with over 6000 movies and aproaching 1000 shows, so I doubt many others will notice any delays like me...LOL
Thanks for shaving off some load time and pushing the boundaries with your new changes. Smile

I have not experienced any significant improvement. HERE is a new log. My collection is 3000 movies and around 8500 tv show episodes in around 250 tv shows. Does it make any significant difference that I am running mysql?

Regards,

Bart
(2014-12-02, 22:51)Rastan Wrote:

shows shouldnt matter for this (at least for now, I think I will do something similar for tvshows somewhen). please pull latest commit (I added some logging) and post another debug log, perhaps I can speed it up even more. Another option would be to add an option in script settings to de-activate cross-comparing. only downside atm would be that you wouldnt get some visual indicator if a movie is part of your database.
Latest Log after your latest commit a few minutes ago.
next commit, please try again.

...and post new debug logs Wink
Phil,

I see in the log lookups into the music database. Mine is pretty large, with close to 150k songs. Does this make any difference? Also, I noticed skin.widgets service running also, does your skin require it?

Well, perhaps I am grabbing at straws here. Given the size of my collection overall, I could live without the cross-comparing.

Again, thank you so much for your work and this fantastic skin.

Regards,

Bart
  • 42(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Skin / Script Development - Updates and Support11