• 501(current)
[OLD/CLOSED] PseudoTV Live - Set-Top box solution

Could someone humor me and tell me what these four settings are supposed to do? I know what the channel number is for Tongue but the other setting seem to produce pretty random results in the program lineup.
NOOBIE HERE: I have had a great experience so far trying out PSUEDOTV LIVE. My question is pretty basic, I just wanted to know if there is a way to have the TV shows in my library folder play in sequence. They always seem to come up in a random order in the guide. I am sure there is a simple fix!
(2014-12-01, 22:43)Dojoroda Wrote: NOOBIE HERE: I have had a great experience so far trying out PSUEDOTV LIVE. My question is pretty basic, I just wanted to know if there is a way to have the TV shows in my library folder play in sequence. They always seem to come up in a random order in the guide. I am sure there is a simple fix!

PTVL Settings > Channel Configuration > Advanced Rules > Play in Order
nevermind fixed
(2014-12-02, 00:30)scilz Wrote: nevermind fixed
Tell us what was wrong. It could help someone else's understanding.
me putting the wrong name in something is not going to help anyone else i removed my post so it would not take up space in the thread.
Hey, does anyone know how to change the user-agent?
Guys,

Question.

is there a way to use the usual "Download Subtitle" add-on in PseudoTV?
I'm missing the ability to download the subtitle while watching a show.
How do you activate the sidebar? I press info and then the left key but that does nothing for me.
(2014-12-02, 19:34)FALAFELOLOGIST Wrote: How do you activate the sidebar? I press info and then the left key but that does nothing for me.

You are doing it correctly. While the info overlay is up press to the left and the sidebar will appear.

All of that is assuming the skin you are using is updated to support the new sidebar.

Which PTVL skin are you using?
Can someone help me understand the upnp mirroring feature?

When I enable it, it requires I configure some settings. It defaults to "IP:9090". So, I tried putting the IP of that particular computer in place along with that default port. I left the user name and pass as the default xbmc/xbmc.

Then I start up PTVL. Now, how would I view that mirror? I have tried to use "Open Network" feature in the application VLC- I've tried upnp://192.168.0.5:9090 or http://192.168.0.5:9090, both result in VLC errors. Do I need to pass along the user and password as parameters or something?

Or am I misunderstanding the feature- does it require XBMC to view, on the remote machine?

I've also tried an app on iOS that I use to view the upnp streams from my HDHomeRun box, it works fine for those but couldn't connect to the upnp links above that I was hoping PTVL was sending out.

Thanks
(2014-12-02, 19:39)ARYEZ Wrote:
(2014-12-02, 19:34)FALAFELOLOGIST Wrote: How do you activate the sidebar? I press info and then the left key but that does nothing for me.

You are doing it correctly. While the info overlay is up press to the left and the sidebar will appear.

All of that is assuming the skin you are using is updated to support the new sidebar.

I'm using PTVL. I've tried other skins too. I'm running 5.6. When in PTVL a lot of functions are disabled like the subtitles key or pressing "m" to bring up the play menu thing won't work.
(2014-12-02, 21:01)FALAFELOLOGIST Wrote:
(2014-12-02, 19:39)ARYEZ Wrote:

I'm using PTVL. I've tried other skins too. I'm running 5.6. When in PTVL a lot of functions are disabled like the subtitles key or pressing "m" to bring up the play menu thing won't work.
You propably use v0.5.6 stable.Sidebar isn't available in that version.You have to get development version 0.5.6a or higher
(2014-12-02, 21:44)tromy Wrote:
(2014-12-02, 21:01)FALAFELOLOGIST Wrote:
(2014-12-02, 19:39)ARYEZ Wrote: You are doing it correctly. While the info overlay is up press to the left and the sidebar will appear.

You propably use v0.5.6 stable.Sidebar isn't available in that version.You have to get development version 0.5.6a or higher

Yep, I would say Tromy nailed the cause of your problem. Download the latest Dev version and all should be working for you then.
Quick question, I'm using ReFocus skin with this (PTVL skin set to Classic) and any update after 0.4.7 removes the player control OSD. (when you press M on the keyboard). Is there a setting somewhere where I can reactivate it or a different button to press to make it popup? It's the only thing keeping me from updating PTVL to the latest version. (I use this osd a lot for audio track switching, subtitles on/off, etc.) Thanks!
  • 501(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[OLD/CLOSED] PseudoTV Live - Set-Top box solution45