• 55(current)
Release P2P-Streams - SopCast and AceStream for Kodi
Yes, Acestream works on lollipop. About sopcast, I've sent an email to sopcast support, let's hope they will reply...
need help peeps, i have a m8 quad core android player with kodi installed . been trying to get acetream links to run via the p2p streaming addon on wiziwig and other sites and with the help of this forum i can get as far as acestreams engine starting then it counts backwards from 40 seconds and fails. am i right in thinking i need to install acestream and sopcast for linux for the streams to open? if so how do i go about this

thanks in advance
v1.1.9 (13/12/2014)
-Updated Android internal acestreamengine (and external apps) to v3.0.6 (Android L compatible)
-Updated Linux x64 ace engine to v.3.0.5.1
-Fixed Openelec x86 ace package to be compatible with OE RC/Kodi
-Updated Openelec x64 ace package to v.3.0.5.1 and compatibility with OE RC/kodi
-Removed fixed views in xml lists
-Fixed a minor bug in one of the sopcast settings (thanks alesnav)
Genius! Works like a dream now, thanks so much!
(2014-08-20, 20:33)haakie Wrote: Thanks for your answer.
Too bad it is not working anymore.

And the other solution is set my laptop as server and change settings in addon on the pi?
As described in here?

Can I run the engine on a different computer?
Yes.....https://github.com/enen92/P2P-Streams-XBMC/wiki/Using-an-acestream-engine-running-on-a-different-location

Anyone used Portty ? im trying to run Acestream Engine from a different location and forward it to an android box , instead of the box using the inbuilt engine , it should use the engine on my PC by creating 2 rules of tunneling , my PC being the server and the box the client , ive downloaded the Portty Zip file but i have no clue what to do with them , there is no clickable exe file , here is the website ive followed the instructions just stuck on the last bit of making 2 rules up ... https://github.com/…/Using-an-acestream-...nning-on-a
Hi Enen,
Great job, that you are providing supports for all of us. I,m using openelec xbmc and having problem with acestream (sopcast works fine). Did i made any mistake to set the p2p stream at the first time, like i read some quote" say no to openelec" how can i fix this. Or may be you already fix this issues?
Thank you for your time
(2014-12-13, 13:50)meribassai Wrote: Hi Enen,
Great job, that you are providing supports for all of us. I,m using openelec xbmc and having problem with acestream (sopcast works fine). Did i made any mistake to set the p2p stream at the first time, like i read some quote" say no to openelec" how can i fix this. Or may be you already fix this issues?
Thank you for your time

Saying you're running openelec is pretty much saying you're running xbmc on linux. There are a bunch of platforms in which openelec is available, p2p-streams doesn't work in all of them. Specify the platform.

Openelec for arm devices (e.g. raspberry pi, cubox etc) only has Acestream 2.0 Protocol. Which means you can't play 99% of the streams
Openelec for x86 and x64 devices (such as a laptop) works fine.
Hi enen,
Finally I have a working GeeXbox i386 distro with Python2.7 compiled with UCS4 option,
Acestream works great now !! Thank you for your hard work and support !!

P.S: Just a minor problem with ver 1.1.9 of plugin... GeeXbox are still using XBMC Gotham 13.2 stable,
think that new Openelec Kodi fix break compatibility with Gotham and now parsers dont work anymore
(gives script error when try to acces any parser on menu) but acestream stored favorites and history links
works fine.
Quote:-Fixed Openelec x86 ace package to be compatible with OE RC/Kodi
-Updated Openelec x64 ace package to v.3.0.5.1 and compatibility with OE RC/kodi
I will ask for help on upgrading xbmc version to Kodi on GeeXbox devel mailing list.
In case anyone wants to check gotham GeeXbox i386 ISO just let me know,
I am uploading i386 ver to MEGA and will build x64 ver this weekend.
Parsers are independent from the engine, if you're able to play the ones in the favourites/history all is fine. You probably just have versions of them that are not compatible with the newer version of p2p-streams (a module inside the addon had to change name). Youtube and google are the best friends for you in this case because of forum.kodi.tv rules / piracy policy. A small tip, make sure you include the word "remote" in your search.
Please do not bring parser problems/issues to this thread in the future.
Enen,

On android box, previously in advanced tools menu, i had a few options including to set download/upload limit, location of where to store cache, vod/live buffer, etc. Now they have all disappeared except for the option to import recommended settings and the force stop hook. Any idea what happened?
Yeah it's a bug I haven't figured out how to solve yet, probably due to the cache location (code in the advancedfunctions.py is getting bigger and bigger and harder to debug). Same happens in linux too...Here's a fix:

1) Remove the folder /sdcard/.ACEStream
2) Put settings back to default on the addon settings and click ok
3) re-enter the addon and repeat the configuration
4) go the the advanced tools menu and check if the settings appear. If not, try to play an acestream, stop it, and then go the the advanced tools menu again, they should be listed
5) Edit them at your own taste

A few tips:
-Acestreamengine cache should be stored in the Disk. If you choose to store them on disk make sure you store them on an external drive/usbstick either formated in ntfs or ext. If you save the cache to the disk and choose a location on the internal sdcard of the box you're reducing its life span. If you don't have an external stick, keep it saving in memory but you won't be able to upload much.

-If you use the addon in more than one device, change the port on the android box and forward it on your router

-Change live cache to 30s to reduce buffering. You can put the vod cache to 20s but it has little no effect on live content.

Cheers

PS: Were you the dutch guy whom have sent me the dutch translation? If so please update it on github there literally loads of new strings.
Hey all,

New to using P2P addon but experienced with Sopcast & Acestream clients.

I am stumped and really not sure where to go or what to do next. Usually I can troubleshoot issues myself and get them working but this one is just not happening. So hoping someone can point me in the right direction so I can use this inside of kodi.

Sopcast streams work fine not one issue with them.

Acestream on the other hand is just refusing to work at all cost, I can play a hash/torrrent file/id directly on the AcePlayer and it works fine so I know AceStream and anything related to it is in working order. The issue comes with using the P2P addons which every AceStream I have attempted to view goes through the standard 40 second countdown. The Ace engine loads up and it count down to 0 and the same error on every stream.

" Torrent no available or Invalid. "

Things I notice is there seems to be no communication between Kodi and the ace engine as there are no DL/UL/Helping statistics, So now to figure out where the break in communication is and I'd be grateful if anyone can point me in the right direction.
And are we supposed to guess what you're using as a media center?
Thanks for the prompt reply.

I followed your steps and got all options back thanks to you.

i always thought that increasing the live buffer helps reduce the buffering. If you choose 180s live buffer you will be 3mins behind live broadcasts which is better than a few seconds behind for low speed internet users like me. Can you explain?

And for storing cache on disk i formatted my usb in ntfs. I have the option to allocate cache in disk,however i am not sure how to proceed. If i click on cache folder location i get three options for destination- external storage, rootfile system or sda1. Which one is my usb? In the addon settings on acestream tab there is also an option named download path. Do i change it also?

And sorry i am not that dutch guy.
(2014-12-13, 22:16)enen92 Wrote: And are we supposed to guess what you're using as a media center?

Unsure who that response was to, If it as me Kodi 14.0 RC3 is what I'm using I apologize I thought I put that in the post. If your looking for hardware information I'd be happy to provide that as well.
  • 55(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
P2P-Streams - SopCast and AceStream for Kodi14