• 163(current)
Linux ChromeBox Kodi E-Z Setup Script (LibreELEC/Linux+Kodi) [2017/02/21]
(2014-12-16, 02:38)Matt Devo Wrote:
(2014-12-16, 02:24)christoofar Wrote: OK, set to "Fixed" @ 48, testing it now.
Nope just heard it dropout again. Tried setting it to Best Match, same issue.

Ah! Refreshed Kodi repository & now I have skins that are compatible! Thanks

what about fixed/44.1, since that's what your files are?
I will, but then won't that limit everything else (video stuff) to 44.1 also?
Reconnected my Tronsmart S89-H/SPMC box (passthru) to play some tunes thru - rock solid so far thru same receiver.
Nvidia ShieldTV (2017)+Nexus
(2014-12-16, 02:50)christoofar Wrote: I will, but then won't that limit everything else (video stuff) to 44.1 also?
Reconnected my Tronsmart S89-H/SPMC box (passthru) to play some tunes thru - rock solid so far thru same receiver.

it will limit all non-passthru audio, yes. Do you have passthru enabled? FLAC should be passed thru as PCM, so resampling shouldn't even come into play. What sample rate is the Tronsmart box outputting the audio at? Care to post a sample file for me to test?
(2014-12-16, 02:58)Matt Devo Wrote:
(2014-12-16, 02:50)christoofar Wrote: I will, but then won't that limit everything else (video stuff) to 44.1 also?

it will limit all non-passthru audio, yes. Do you have passthru enabled? FLAC should be passed thru as PCM, so resampling shouldn't even come into play. What sample rate is the Tronsmart box outputting the audio at? Care to post a sample file for me to test?
Ah, OK will try again @ 44.1. Not really sure about the Tronsmart's sample rate, nothing really shows it under SPMC's Audio settings.
Also am I still running OE 4.x? How do I get 5.x?
I don't see anything under Audio settings for "Passthru", either
If another files starts to dropout, I will send it to you to check out.
Thanks Matt!
(2014-12-16, 03:28)christoofar Wrote: Ah, OK will try again @ 44.1. Not really sure about the Tronsmart's sample rate, nothing really shows it under SPMC's Audio settings.
Thanks Matt!

doesn't your receiver show the input source info?
OE 4.9x = OE 5.0 beta/RC.
Passthru won't have settings except to enable it, and set which formats (DD/DTS, etc) your receiver can accept.
(2014-12-16, 03:41)Matt Devo Wrote:
(2014-12-16, 03:28)christoofar Wrote: Ah, OK will try again @ 44.1. Not really sure about the Tronsmart's sample rate, nothing really shows it under SPMC's Audio settings.
Thanks Matt!

Passthru won't have settings except to enable it, and set which formats (DD/DTS, etc) your receiver can accept.

Switching the sample rate to 44.1 seems to have fixed it. (as far as the music files dropouts)
There is no setting to enable Passthru under System/Settings/Audio Output, only Audio Output Device, # of Channels, Output Config., Limit Sample Rate,Stereo Upmix,Maintain Original Volume on Downmix, Resample Quality, Keep Device Alive,Play GUI Sounds, and Reset to default settings.
Before I set it to 44.1, the receiver showed Audio setting for DolbyII Movie, Music, Dolby Pro Logic, DDigital, Neo Cinema & Music, and Neural Stereo. Not it only lists PCM DDigitalEX, and DolbyII Music
(2014-12-16, 05:54)christoofar Wrote:
(2014-12-16, 03:41)Matt Devo Wrote:
Thanks Matt!

Switching the sample rate to 44.1 seems to have fixed it. (as far as the music files dropouts)
There is no setting to enable Passthru under System/Settings/Audio Output, only Audio Output Device, # of Channels, Output Config., Limit Sample Rate,Stereo Upmix,Maintain Original Volume on Downmix, Resample Quality, Keep Device Alive,Play GUI Sounds, and Reset to default settings.
Before I set it to 44.1, the receiver showed Audio setting for DolbyII Movie, Music, Dolby Pro Logic, DDigital, Neo Cinema & Music, and Neural Stereo. Not it only lists PCM DDigitalEX, and DolbyII Music

Enable passthrough is located right under "Play GUI sounds" on the audio output settings page.
(2014-12-16, 06:44)jsp1 Wrote:
(2014-12-16, 05:54)christoofar Wrote: Switching the sample rate to 44.1 seems to have fixed it. (as far as the music files dropouts)

Enable passthrough is located right under "Play GUI sounds" on the audio output settings page.

the passthrough option is disabled when the output config is 'fixed', so perhaps try 'best match' if you haven't already. I don't know why resampling to 48KHz would introduce dropouts, that's might suspect indeed. Maybe hop on the OpenELEC IRC channel and see if anyone there has some ideas?
Sounds like no one else is having this issue. Already tried Best Match , but was still having the dropouts. I wouldn't even know where to begin regarding IRC. Guess I'll just leave it be for now, hoping that a new version will fix it. Thanks for all the help on this.
(2014-12-16, 07:45)christoofar Wrote: Sounds like no one else is having this issue. Already tried Best Match , but was still having the dropouts. I wouldn't even know where to begin regarding IRC. Guess I'll just leave it be for now, hoping that a new version will fix it. Thanks for all the help on this.

http://openelec.tv/support/chat

I'd still like you to provide me at least one sample file so I can try to reproduce the issue here. Also, see if the issue happens with the ChromeBox directly connected to your display (TV) rather than the AVR.
Audio as flac, aac and so on is _never_ passthroughed. It's decoded to float by AudioEngine and then output on the sink in a matching format. If the sink can do the input sample rate and no volume is applied it's "untouched". Else it's resampled and volume is applied.

When AC3 transcode option is enabled and only 2 channels (!) (don't mix that with number of speakers) are available, it's transcoded (which also resamples if input samplerate != 48 khz) to AC3 and output as virtual dolby format.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
(2014-12-16, 07:54)Matt Devo Wrote:
(2014-12-16, 07:45)christoofar Wrote: Sounds like no one else is having this issue. Already tried Best Match , but was still having the dropouts. I wouldn't even know where to begin regarding IRC. Guess I'll just leave it be for now, hoping that a new version will fix it. Thanks for all the help on this.

http://openelec.tv/support/chat

I'd still like you to provide me at least one sample file so I can try to reproduce the issue here. Also, see if the issue happens with the ChromeBox directly connected to your display (TV) rather than the AVR.
OK, I posted my issue in IRC chat, we'll if anyone responds. I will reset OE back to "normal" (w/ passthru) & pick the first track that burps & post it to my Dropbox , shared to your email.
Kinda late now, will do it tomorrow morning.
anyone know if this is recognised at boot? http://www.amazon.com/Logitech-Wireless-..._pc_text_y
(2014-12-16, 09:17)leo5111 Wrote: anyone know if this is recognised at boot? http://www.amazon.com/Logitech-Wireless-..._pc_text_y

RTFW
Have an old wireless usb keyboard and no go for me. Ctrl-alt-f2 not working. Going to buy a wired usb keyboard see if that works.

Matt, if I have the 30sec screen delay I'm in dev mode correct?
I did a Coreboot Firmware update within OpenELEC on the 13th. The update process was smooth as usual.

Only issue with the new firmware is that waking from sleep/suspend with my MCE remote/receiver has now stopped working. It was flawless previously. I'll do a full disconnect/reconnect and reboot this evening to check again. But previously after updates this functionality hadn't changed. Running a standalone system with OpenELEC. WOL works fine as does waking using HDMI-CEC by switching on the TV/Amp.

One other issue I've found across various firmwares, which is more likely due to my Amp/TV setup is that when connected to my Amp on first boot I get nothing on the TV screen. All the correct inputs are selected. I've had to resort to plugging the HP Chromebox directly into the TV, booting, then switching the cables, suspending/resuming from there works fine (so it's only required on first cold boot). The amp is an Onkyo TX-SR309, I've seen a few people have issues with Onkyo Amps due to EDID problems?
  • 163(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ChromeBox Kodi E-Z Setup Script (LibreELEC/Linux+Kodi) [2017/02/21]37