• 210(current)
Linux ChromeBox Kodi E-Z Setup Script (LibreELEC/Linux+Kodi) [2017/02/21]
OK, thanks a lot Smile

I had made an amateur error while cloning the EDID data the first time. I didn't have the TV on so I just caught something that the Yamaha happened to tell the device. Now I tried to clone the Yamaha EDID with the TV on and managed to get 24p working just fine.

What comes to my question regarding the subtitles - is it true that I need to set the video calibration and subtitle positioning separately for each of the refreshrates that my videos might use, that is 24, 25, 50 and 59.94 Hz?
yes, you can verify this by checking guisettings.xml where the calibration settings are stored. You can probably duplicate the settings for 60Hz across the various refresh rates you need as well.
What "video" do you need to calibrate? Please fix over / underscan with the TV as far as possible, e.g. Fixed, Just Scan, and so on mode.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
The only thing I need to adjust is the positioning of the subtitles as they are positioned too low to my taste using the default value. The overscan settings are fine at the default. I took a look at the guisettings.xml per Matt's instructions and it seems that I can easily copy-paste the correct setting for each 1080p mode as soon as I find the sweet spot.
Im suffering tearing if i change Vsync to "enabled During Video Playback." Videos look great but the interface looks aweful. Also i can playback movies fine but playback of music never produces on sound from my tv.
(2015-01-21, 03:56)stuCONNERS Wrote: Im suffering tearing if i change Vsync to "enabled During Video Playback." Videos look great but the interface looks awful.

so change it to enabled (vs enabled during playback)

Quote:Also i can playback movies fine but playback of music never produces on sound from my tv.

so change your audio output settings to match what your TV wants. No way for us to know what TV you have and what audio settings are necessary to make it work.
Cheers, I was concerned due to wiki recommending enabled During Video Playback, and it causing tearing. So cheers again.
(2015-01-21, 04:15)stuCONNERS Wrote: Cheers, I was concerned due to wiki recommending enabled During Video Playback, and it causing tearing. So cheers again.

I've never seen tearing with vsync disabled in the UI, so it could be specific to your display (or even skin used), but I've added a note in the wiki to use 'enabled' if the default recommended setting produces tearing
(2015-01-20, 11:23)fritsch Wrote: For those running Ubuntu, upcoming 3.18.4 has the gpu hang fix. So only Ubuntu mainline installation is needed then: http://git.kernel.org/cgit/linux/kernel/...c28fd38366
Sweet! Note for anyone looking, as of today (jan 20), 3.18.4 is not up quite yet.
(2015-01-21, 04:31)Matt Devo Wrote:
(2015-01-21, 04:15)stuCONNERS Wrote: Cheers, I was concerned due to wiki recommending enabled During Video Playback, and it causing tearing. So cheers again.

I've never seen tearing with vsync disabled in the UI, so it could be specific to your display (or even skin used), but I've added a note in the wiki to use 'enabled' if the default recommended setting produces tearing

you can get tearing if you don't have vsync enabled and kodi is rendering more than 60fps or whatever your tv is set to. arctic's system page will show you what your ui is rendering at, not sure about other skins.
(2015-01-21, 05:35)furii Wrote:
(2015-01-21, 04:31)Matt Devo Wrote: I've never seen tearing with vsync disabled in the UI, so it could be specific to your display (or even skin used), but I've added a note in the wiki to use 'enabled' if the default recommended setting produces tearing

you can get tearing if you don't have vsync enabled and kodi is rendering more than 60fps or whatever your tv is set to. arctic's system page will show you what your ui is rendering at, not sure about other skins.

the system info page will (or should) show the current UI framerate regardless of skin. In confluence I'm usually at 90+ fps and never have any tearing with 1080p60 GUI output. Not saying it isn't possible, but I don't believe it's the norm either.
Hi there, I'm hoping for some help and I apologize if it's been covered in the last 210 pages but I do read this thread on a daily basis. I've been using Openelec for the last couple months and it's by far the best Kodi(XBMC) installation I've ever used but I've been wanting an all in one solution for Kodi and Netflix so I thought I would try Kodibuntu. I booted a USB Chromium stick then ran Mat's script and updated the stand alone bios firmware then rebooted with a Kodibuntu install stick. Everything went fine and I've used the recommended Kodi settings from the Wiki but every time I play a video file the video freezes but the audio continues. This usually happens a couple minutes into the video and it happens on streams and on local files. Is this something to do with the kernel bug or have I missed something?
(2015-01-21, 06:26)BradD Wrote: Hi there, I'm hoping for some help and I apologize if it's been covered in the last 210 pages but I do read this thread on a daily basis. I've been using Openelec for the last couple months and it's by far the best Kodi(XBMC) installation I've ever used but I've been wanting an all in one solution for Kodi and Netflix so I thought I would try Kodibuntu. I booted a USB Chromium stick then ran Mat's script and updated the stand alone bios firmware then rebooted with a Kodibuntu install stick. Everything went fine and I've used the recommended Kodi settings from the Wiki but every time I play a video file the video freezes but the audio continues. This usually happens a couple minutes into the video and it happens on streams and on local files. Is this something to do with the kernel bug or have I missed something?

yes, you need to update your kernel to fix the GPU hang big. See the note at the end of this wiki section: http://kodi.wiki/view/Chromebox#OS_and_K...stallation. Also look at this post from the previous page.
Thanks Matt that did the trick.
Matt i just ran your script like 2 weeks ago when i got my box, do i still need to update my kernal? i didnt update my kernal then i merly did the dual boot script thanks
  • 210(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ChromeBox Kodi E-Z Setup Script (LibreELEC/Linux+Kodi) [2017/02/21]37