• 15(current)
Sumvision Cyclone X4
@nukesta are you getting this with the stock remote? I see similar with an RF mouse/keyboard that I sometimes use, but the stock IR remote is fine.

@th4cleric I didn't notice any problem with aml h/w acceleration under android
Hi m8

the problem i had was juddery video playing HD using android if you didnt use the built in Alpha XBMC, as others had and yourself i just didnt word it properly, im like you tried all sorts of other builds of XBMC and Kodi but no joy, then i saw the Stanes post downloaded but got parsing errors tring to install apk file thats why i was wondering can anyone else try and compile to get working on the x4 to try it out
I used to get no video at all with aml decoding, but I thought these problems got fixed and where in 14.0-release. I've not been using Android for some time though so I haven't used any recent builds.
lol i will take a look at latest build, i loved the openelec but have speakers running through a jack wired to projector so i will take alook at different sound.

Downloading Kodi 14 latest now, hopefully my problems are solved cheers

th3cleric
(2015-01-26, 09:24)bobones Wrote: @nukesta are you getting this with the stock remote? I see similar with an RF mouse/keyboard that I sometimes use, but the stock IR remote is fine.

@th4cleric I didn't notice any problem with aml h/w acceleration under android

Yeah getting it with stock remote on a different box though. M8 box
Any ideas ?
Nope, and I don't get why you're asking about a problem with your M8 on a thread specifically about the Sumvision Cyclone X4.
just had box two days watch film tonite wanted to pause couldn't remote has no pause or play button. also message one asking me to click to clean it ub should I just leave it
You can press the OK button then pause and play using the screen controls. You can also map a key to the play/pause function using the kodi keyboard editor addon. I map the menu key to play/pause when a video is playing as the menu key doesn't do anything useful in full screen video.

Don'[t know what the message is you're talking about it so you'll need to elaborate. Are you using Android?
What is the X4 actually based on, and what ROMs for other units will work on it?

I'm currently running this, which is for a Beelink MXQ quadcore. The dev has just updated the ROM, here- I'm assuming this will also work? Are there any other Android ROMs I could use?
Seems to be very similar to other S805 boxes like the MXQ or the TV110, but if the boot loader you flash isn't right then you could brick it. The OpenELEC port we're using is for the TV110. I'd ask this question on the freaktab forums as this is more they're kind of thing.
(2015-01-29, 19:13)bobones Wrote: but if the boot loader you flash isn't right then you could brick it.

Yeah be very careful, I bricked it by flashing the wrong bootloader.

Luckily the shop I bought it from replaced it for me.
Well, I can't seem to install the updated ROM. Get the error "E: android failed to verify whole-file signature". Strange as the last one worked. Any ideas?
(2015-01-15, 13:59)bobones Wrote: Bootable SD card prepared with exe tool, copy a recovery.img file and whatever else you need to SD, press reset button while applying power, keep holding reset, and it should boot from the SD. Make sure you're really getting the reset button properly. I don't have any other advice as this is what worked for me.

hi bobones,

Which file do you use with the exe tool, the u-boot.bin that comes with it or something else, ive tried the u-boot.bin and compying twpr and recovery.img to the sd card after making it with the exe tool but it doesn't boot. think I maybe using the wrong uboot.

thanks
@micky there's a file bootloader.bin in the zip from my dropbox, you need to browse to that file and burn that one.

@TheOverseer - try it on SD if you're using USB. Needs a recovery.img on SD which does not check signatures.

@legendofmart - I think your box was faulty because you reported other weird stuff before it bricked like slow wifi
  • 15(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Sumvision Cyclone X42