• 253(current)
Linux ChromeBox Kodi E-Z Setup Script (LibreELEC/Linux+Kodi) [2017/02/21]
do you have a startup script or anything that's setting the resolution? or have it set in the video output settings? also check your guisettings.xml file in the userdata share -- obviously there is some remnant of your old config there since it likely wouldn't do that on a clean install
Edit:
Now I done all the tings from scratch. Think I got it now.

Thakns, get back if I need more help.
Petter :-)
Many thanks for all the effort YOU all do! THANKS! :-)
nVidia Shield TV (2015), Samsung QE75Q70R and Yamaha RX-V767
I'm using a standalone install of ubuntu 14.10. I keep getting video freezing but the sound keeps playing.
Log File : http://pastebin.com/EjrneJ7Z
The video messed up around 11:19

I have followed the wiki and have mine setup the way it says.
(2015-03-08, 17:43)redking Wrote: I'm using a standalone install of ubuntu 14.10. I keep getting video freezing but the sound keeps playing.
Log File : http://pastebin.com/EjrneJ7Z
The video messed up around 11:19

I have followed the wiki and have mine setup the way it says.
What kernel version?
(2015-03-08, 18:20)Matt Devo Wrote: What kernel version?

3.16.0-31-generic

Edit:
I tried updating the kernel again by running the script it says cant find mac address would you like to load it from a back-up "No"
It dowloads the kernel does its thing says its installed. I go back to main on the EZ script. Reboot.
Its still running the same 3.16.0-31-generic kernel.
(2015-03-08, 18:27)redking Wrote:
(2015-03-08, 18:20)Matt Devo Wrote: What kernel version?

3.16.0-31-generic

Edit:
I tried updating the kernel again by running the script it says cant find mac address would you like to load it from a back-up "No"
It dowloads the kernel does its thing says its installed. I go back to main on the EZ script. Reboot.
Its still running the same 3.16.0-31-generic kernel.

the script doesn't update the kernel for you, because that's OS / version specific. As per the wiki install instructions, just google 'Ubuntu 14.10 kernel update' and you'll find instructions that are applicable, and just be sure to update to a version that's > 3.18.4 (as per the wiki!)
My bad , should have read it better. Thanks for the help matt
Last night I had my first "video freezes, audio continues" problem. The weird thing was that I was watching a DVD which means the GPU was not being used to decode the video so it's not the usual GPU hang. Prior to the problem, I also noticed that the PS3 remote stopped working while playing the DVD and I had to use my K400 to control Kodi. I didn't check the batteries yet but they have not been in the remote for more than a few weeks so they should be fine.

What steps will I need to take if I try to reproduce the issue and get something useful out to resolve the possible issue?
the info needed to produce a useful bug report is all linked at the top of the first post
(2015-03-09, 06:06)Boulder Wrote: Last night I had my first "video freezes, audio continues" problem. The weird thing was that I was watching a DVD which means the GPU was not being used to decode the video so it's not the usual GPU hang. Prior to the problem, I also noticed that the PS3 remote stopped working while playing the DVD and I had to use my K400 to control Kodi. I didn't check the batteries yet but they have not been in the remote for more than a few weeks so they should be fine.

What steps will I need to take if I try to reproduce the issue and get something useful out to resolve the possible issue?
why would the GPU not be used to decode a DVD?
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
For some reason it's not, I think it's something to do with compatibility. If you play individual VOB files, the hardware acceleration is available.
No hw accel on dvds: google still frames - that's the reason.

And btw. the report is 100% useless - as we don't know if a fixed kernel was running or not ... if not -> it's fully clear why it happened.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
I'm running OpenELEC 5.0.5 so it should have the fixed kernel.
oe 5.05 has
Code:
lounge:~ # uname  -r
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
According to Matt's post (http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid1937106), the fix should be included in OE 5.0.2.
  • 253(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ChromeBox Kodi E-Z Setup Script (LibreELEC/Linux+Kodi) [2017/02/21]37