Req Stack HD and SD movies with context menu to choose which to play
Greetings all,

I did a quick search and didnt see any similar suggestion on here. It had been suggested in some capacity years ago but this feature would make this program near perfect.

Basically as I have a library of HD and SD movies there are duplicate entries in the movie library in kodi. They are identifiable by the HD and SD tags but it looks very untidy. Yea I could delete any sd movies that I have in HD but I do have some old devices that take advantage of the SD since they struggle with HD. So I do not want to have to do that. There are workarounds with like movie sets and collections but it requires alot of stuffing around for an end result that is less than desireable.

So my suggestion (not knowing how hard it would be to implement but im sure its not impossible and MANY people would be in the same boat as me and really appreciate such a feature). Is that when 2 qualities of a movie (or tv episode) exist in library with the same scrapped movie info, the movies/tvep are stacked together and when selecting play a context menu comes up so u can choose which quality you want to watch. Therefore removing the 100's of duplicate entries and making the library look alot more tidy and legit. The entry could maybe even have the sd and hd icon in the line next to the movie where currently only hd or sd is.

Im sure im not the only one that has thought about this and cant believe nothing like this has been implemented yet. (that I am aware of, happy to be corrected if this his has already been achieved somehow)

I understand this might have been brought up recently with an answer as to its plausability, but i was unable to find anything searching. if it hasnt been brought up, can it be done? If it cant be done, why not?

Cheers

Lach
Something that will basically do this is coming in the future. Basically, Kodi will eventually be able to handle multiple versions of a single "entry" and allow you to select what you want to play (hopefully with a "smart" default).
Awesome, yeah that sounds like it will achieve basically the same thing. Cant wait!
Would be good for 3D versions too (although Gotham+'s ability to play 3D in 2D mode enables me to just keep a 3D version on the server now, albeit at lower quality than a full 2D version.)
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
I also would really like to have this feature in kodi. My collection are composed many of the different files for the same movie:
mymoviename_1080p_H264.strm
mymoviename_720p_H264.strm
mymoviename_1080p_H265.strm
mymoviename_720p_H265.strm
etc.

I can not select the source that I want to read. I have only 4 times the same poster. Why not offer the possibility of a selection menu ?
Why don't I have a kick ass boat? Because I haven't built a kick ass boat.
Neither have I but when you build yours I'll come along for the ride.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Huh
boats!
I think senka what Ned is trying to say "even though this is a feature request forum" that if you want something adding to Kodi then do it yourself !
Close. It's more a response to the question "Why not?". It's not really a 'why not', but rather a "we're still building the boat". If it was a switch we could flip and include it right away, then it would most likely have already been included :)
Excuse me, but I usually do not speak English. And I thought you were talking about boats Image.
I wonder what the relationship with the subject.
I just be poorly expressed.

If I come here in this post, it's because I think this feature is missing in KODI. And I have found no way to add this option, and it would be really good either add.

Only pirate plug-in offers open a Dialog box to choose which sources to read. Of course, it is not possible to edit the path of the sources.

Alternatively, open .m3u files to choose which file to read. But .m3u does not work in the library.

an example of what I want and I'd like to see in kodi :
Yes, this feature is coming in the future.
What I cannot figure out is why anyone needs so many versions of one video.

mymoviename_1080p_H264.strm - sounds good
mymoviename_720p_H264.strm - why? kodi will resize the 1080 to 720
mymoviename_1080p_H265.strm - why? you already have a 1080p
mymoviename_720p_H265.strm - see above.
@ned, who's working on that? And i have to agree to nickr, only reason to have such a feature is for the obvious and mostly banned streaming sites. My 2c.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Stack HD and SD movies with context menu to choose which to play1