Req TV Guide with UPnP HDHomeRun Streams
Now we just need to link the add-on to the TV section in Confluence.
It would be nice if it integrated with the existing EPG, etc, but as a work around, you can use another skin. For example, I'm using Nebula which allows you to customize your menu. You can add 'Live TV' and link it to this add-on.
Actually, the same HDHomeRun APIs that are being used here could be used to create an HDHomeRun specific PVR add-on. This includes recording, all without a backend. It just takes a bit longer to make a binary/PVR add-on, from what I'm told.
Now that would be something.
No kidding. I would love to see that happen. I could have a full TV/PVR experience, Netflix and other streaming media, local media, and games in a single interface all from the HDHR, a raspberry pi and Amazon Fire TVs.

I know nothing about programming, but I'd be willing to do whatever I could to help that along.
is there a dedicated thread for the addon? it seems it's not using the FullscreenVideo section for keymaps. as such i'm not able to check CodecInfo or bring up the OSD. anyone have any hints?

i agree it would be nice if this used the built in epg functionality but this is a great start.
What I had to do was go into settings and set it so that it does not close upon exit. Then you can back out of the app to the home menu. From there, go to 'now playing' and you'll find all the normal controls, including the OSD, are there. Unfortunately, this seems break the HDHR controls. For example, pressing right will no longer bring up the guide data. Instead it will try and fast-forward. To re-enable the HDHR controls, you have to re-open the add-on. It will re-load but video will continue to play through out.
Here's some additional info: Add-on:HDHomeRun Live TV (wiki)
(2015-03-20, 02:07)Ned Scott Wrote: Actually, the same HDHomeRun APIs that are being used here could be used to create an HDHomeRun specific PVR add-on. This includes recording, all without a backend. It just takes a bit longer to make a binary/PVR add-on, from what I'm told.

Does 'from what I'm told' hint that someone is working on this? In the event you do use it as a full PVR with no backend, would the recordings be placed on your local machine?
I don't know if anyone is working on it. A simple http URL can trigger a recording, where the URL contains the channel and duration for the recording. The HTTP server then sends the MPEG video stream as a result. The location would be on the Kodi box that triggered the command, but it could probably be placed on a network share using Kodi's VFS.

The challenge would be integrating this feature so that the EPG and requested recordings could start timers in Kodi in a reliable way. A EPG grid would also be needed, a way to track series recordings, and eventually it becomes more practical to just make the HDHomeRun add-on into a normal binary PVR add-on. However, simple recordings could probably work for the near future. Such as recording what you are currently viewing, or setting one-time timers manually based on channel and duration. Casual recording.

Of course, this is all speculation on my part for what may or may not be practical in the near future. and a good dash of wishful thinking ;)
I'm thinking of doing some work on this. There are a few issues.

1. Guide data is not available for ClearQAM. Would need to add support for XMLTV listings, or have SD give more liberal access to their guide listing API. But then again ClearQAM looks to be dying, at least in the US.
2. Where would we record the data? Wouldn't it make sense to encode and populate TV Shows so the files are available across the network.
3. Right now, the plugin is supported by Silicon Dust. Anything that is added where the license restricts commercial use would create a branch that they could not support. After a discussion on their forums, they seem open to merging changes from the OSS community into the officially supported plugin.

I may have some time to work on this this summer.

Also, the code for the plugin was very well written, and easy to follow if you are fluent in python.
Has anyone managed to get this to work for OTA channels? Over half of my EPG data is missing or incorrect, and there does not seem to be a way to remove unwanted channels.
(2015-03-23, 16:57)pcdude Wrote: Has anyone managed to get this to work for OTA channels? Over half of my EPG data is missing or incorrect, and there does not seem to be a way to remove unwanted channels.

need more info - yes though.
(2015-03-23, 18:02)bry- Wrote:
(2015-03-23, 16:57)pcdude Wrote: Has anyone managed to get this to work for OTA channels? Over half of my EPG data is missing or incorrect, and there does not seem to be a way to remove unwanted channels.

need more info - yes though.

What info do you need? I updated the firmware to the latest beta version, and it did capture EPG data for about half of the 52 or so channels the Extend tuner found. Of those, almost half of them had incorrect EPG data. For example, the PBS channels had guide data for some Spanish language channel. None of the major networks had any EPG data, but Ion and CW did. Also, I did not see where you could remove unwanted channels (kids channels, shopping networks, etc.) unless this is done elsewhere in the HDHomeRun setup.
how about the application that you trying to use?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TV Guide with UPnP HDHomeRun Streams0