• 17(current)
Release Black Glass Nova 3.x for Kodi 14.x Helix
(2015-02-12, 11:08)Jeffers24 Wrote: Hi DEcosse,

Any chance of sharing your background picture?

For me it visualise BGN perfectly, much better than the standard background, apologies to Tgx

(sorry for late reply to this)

I hope this is OK to post TGX -- I agree, this background just seems to perfectly capture the essence of BGN

Here is the source:

http://juliewight.com/wp-content/uploads...lpaper.jpg

But the great thing is you can easily download & swap out whatever your taste might be, thanks to the effortless utility TGX created in the Settings
Hi DEcosse,
NPs and thanks for sharing
Hi Tgx,
Start Up Window is a great feature, am I missing something or would you extend the options to include Favourites, as well as the ones you have included such as Movies, Music......................
(2015-03-29, 11:45)Jeffers24 Wrote: Start Up Window is a great feature, am I missing something or would you extend the options to include Favourites, as well as the ones you have included such as Movies, Music......................

Do you mean the Home menu options?

You can customize that in the 'home menu' under skin settings
Hi D,
No, not home menu 0ptions.
Settings>Appearance - first screen includes Startup Window option between the Zoom amd Navigation sound options, default is set to Home window.
ah, got it - sorry
I would like to make three suggestions:

1) Allow more menu items on the home menu, Currently you have slots for Nine custom items, I could really use twice that (or 14 minimum). I know I can add submenus but its not quite the same. This would greatly increase the wife acceptance factor.

2) Allow reordering of the menu items on the home screen. I have added custom menu items for Netflix, Hulu, and Amazon and 6 others but I cant put them all together. for example the menus are ordered: Amazon Prime, PICTURES, Hulu Plus, Netflix, VIDEOS, etc... It would be so much more organized if I could move that PICTURES to the end and have my custom video channels grouped together. Allowing the reordering of just the custom menu items would work if you cant allow changing the defaults..

3)Allow the ability the rename the default Home menus. The standard ones such as Pictures, Add-Ons, Videos, Movies, Music, Favourites, etc,. I would love simply to be able to rename these. For example Favourites is spelled Favorites here in the US, but I would much more prefer to call it "More Apps" or "Games & more" as I have all my Amazon Firetv Apps and Games marked as favorites.

The skin is excellent as it stands but these enhancements would make it perfect for me and I'm sure would provide much value to others as well.
Thanks for listening and your consideration.
(2015-03-29, 11:45)Jeffers24 Wrote: Hi Tgx,
Start Up Window is a great feature, am I missing something or would you extend the options to include Favourites, as well as the ones you have included such as Movies, Music......................

Which starting point options do you need for Favourites?

Tgx
(2015-03-30, 01:45)aelvi Wrote: I would like to make three suggestions:

1) Allow more menu items on the home menu, Currently you have slots for Nine custom items, I could really use twice that (or 14 minimum). I know I can add submenus but its not quite the same. This would greatly increase the wife acceptance factor.

2) Allow reordering of the menu items on the home screen. I have added custom menu items for Netflix, Hulu, and Amazon and 6 others but I cant put them all together. for example the menus are ordered: Amazon Prime, PICTURES, Hulu Plus, Netflix, VIDEOS, etc... It would be so much more organized if I could move that PICTURES to the end and have my custom video channels grouped together. Allowing the reordering of just the custom menu items would work if you cant allow changing the defaults..

3)Allow the ability the rename the default Home menus. The standard ones such as Pictures, Add-Ons, Videos, Movies, Music, Favourites, etc,. I would love simply to be able to rename these. For example Favourites is spelled Favorites here in the US, but I would much more prefer to call it "More Apps" or "Games & more" as I have all my Amazon Firetv Apps and Games marked as favorites.

I'll take your suggestions into account. I'm already studying some solutions.

Thanks

Tgx
(2015-03-30, 12:13)Tgxcorporation Wrote:
(2015-03-29, 11:45)Jeffers24 Wrote: Hi Tgx,

Which starting point options do you need for Favourites?

Tgx

Hi Tgx,

Forgive my ignorance but I do not understand your question, 'Starting Points', I give more detail below.

When I start Kodi it opens on the 'Home window' (BGN default) with (in my case) the 'Videos window' option highlighted.

I then click right three times to highlight the 'Favourites window' ( I have the 'Movies window' option enabled on the 'Home window') and click on Favourites to open the 'Favourites window'.

My request is that instead of having to do the above is to be able to change the Startup window setting from 'Home Window' to 'Favourites window', so after Kodi has loaded instead of opening the 'Home window' the 'Favourites window' is opened showing all the options that have been saved as favourites.

Current available options on the Startup window setting are:- Home window (default), Weather, Settings, File Manager, Videos, Music, Pictures, Programs, Radio and TV.

I am setting up an easy to use Kodi implementation for my 70+ year old sister, I have already set Kodi as the launcher so Kodi loads when the Android box is booted and you are presented with the BGN Home window. I would now like to be able to set BGN to Startup on the Favourites window so that what she sees after Kodi is loaded is a screen of her favourite options to choose from.

Hope this is clear, if not let me know and I will answer any further queries.
(2015-03-30, 12:47)Jeffers24 Wrote: My request is that instead of having to do the above is to be able to change the Startup window setting from 'Home Window' to 'Favourites window', so after Kodi has loaded instead of opening the 'Home window' the 'Favourites window' is opened showing all the options that have been saved as favourites.

Current available options on the Startup window setting are:- Home window (default), Weather, Settings, File Manager, Videos, Music, Pictures, Programs, Radio and TV.

I am setting up an easy to use Kodi implementation for my 70+ year old sister, I have already set Kodi as the launcher so Kodi loads when the Android box is booted and you are presented with the BGN Home window. I would now like to be able to set BGN to Startup on the Favourites window so that what she sees after Kodi is loaded is a screen of her favourite options to choose from.

The selection you mentioned for the startup window does not depend on the skin. It's a general setting working for every skin. In fact it's in the appearance settigs screen and not in skin settings.

However i've found a way to start Black Glass Nova into the Favourites screen. It's a sort of hack. I'm working on it for the next release. Thanks

Tgx
Photo 
I have to agree, an option to move menu items would be great....a must have tbh. Finally got kodi looking how i want and working great except menu is a mess
(2015-04-01, 11:19)Tgxcorporation Wrote:
(2015-03-30, 12:47)Jeffers24 Wrote: My request is that instead of having to do the above is to be able to change the Startup window setting from 'Home Window' to 'Favourites window', so after Kodi has loaded instead of opening the 'Home window' the 'Favourites window' is opened showing all the options that have been saved as favourites.

The selection you mentioned for the startup window does not depend on the skin. It's a general setting working for every skin. In fact it's in the appearance settigs screen and not in skin settings.

However i've found a way to start Black Glass Nova into the Favourites screen. It's a sort of hack. I'm working on it for the next release. Thanks

Tgx

Hi Tgx,

Apologies for confusion, look forward to seeing the hack.
Hi Tgx

When the skin starts and I hover over "Music" or "Movies" or "TV" then press "Up", I don't get the three icons allowing me to select recent/random and (whatever the other one is). Instead I get the buttons at the top for play, pause, stop, rw, ff etc.

If I go in to one of the sections, then come back to the home screen and try again I get the icons I expect.

This is on OpenELEC 5.0.7 / RPI2.

Cheers
Jamie
(2015-04-01, 18:03)Jeffers24 Wrote: Apologies for confusion, look forward to seeing the hack.

That's it!

https://github.com/Tgxcorporation/skin.b...b129db0f99

Tgx
  • 17(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Black Glass Nova 3.x for Kodi 14.x Helix3