• 616(current)
[OLD/CLOSED] PseudoTV Live - Set-Top box solution
0.6.1bravo seems to have fixed the issue with the EPG.

Let me be the first to say there are going to be A LOT OF HAPPY PEOPLE because of the channel renumbering feature. Nice work, my initial testing says it works as advertised.

BTW I don't know if anyone ever reported it, but the advanced channel rule that allows you to rename the channel seems to toss an extra space in the value. Which causes your channel icon to fail to load. I can't imagine someone hasn't said something... either that or its the way I'm using my remote. Huh

Here's an example

Code:
<setting id="Channel_225_rule_2_opt_1" value=" NATGEO" />

The extra space in the value will prevent natgeo.png from loading in the EPG.

Otherwise PTVL is really turning into something pretty awesome. I ran it for almost a week without ever shutting it down. Lot's of OnDemand action and grabbing stuff from my library. No issues.

Keep up the good work. Big Grin

P.S. I have a major update to the Maverick skin. When it's ready I'll push it to my Git and hit you with a PM. Big Grin

peace @LuNaTiX,

thanks for this great add-on.

having trouble with the EPG and USTVNow.
I'm getting the error that:
Code:
Guide-data from ptvlguide is currently unavailable.

at first launch, i would get the error:
Code:
XMLTV Error: Improper Formatting

funny thing is, i could have sworn it was working -- just before the update.
not sure what all of this means.
thanks in advance for any help with this.
Linux Mint 18 LTS 64-bit - Kodi 17 Beta6
Odroid-C2 - Libreelec v7.90.009
(2015-04-02, 23:28)locomot1f Wrote: peace @LuNaTiX,

thanks for this great add-on.

having trouble with the EPG and USTVNow.
I'm getting the error that:
Code:
Guide-data from ptvlguide is currently unavailable.

at first launch, i would get the error:
Code:
XMLTV Error: Improper Formatting

funny thing is, i could have sworn it was working -- just before the update.
not sure what all of this means.
thanks in advance for any help with this.

Do you have xmltv service enabled?
Try Misc/Clear system cache, then General/Force Channel Reset, Then re autotune ustvnow or verify each channel in the configuration manager.
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?
(2015-04-02, 23:22)Marshall Wrote: 0.6.1bravo seems to have fixed the issue with the EPG.

Let me be the first to say there are going to be A LOT OF HAPPY PEOPLE because of the channel renumbering feature. Nice work, my initial testing says it works as advertised.

BTW I don't know if anyone ever reported it, but the advanced channel rule that allows you to rename the channel seems to toss an extra space in the value. Which causes your channel icon to fail to load. I can't imagine someone hasn't said something... either that or its the way I'm using my remote. Huh

Here's an example

Code:

Otherwise PTVL is really turning into something pretty awesome. I ran it for almost a week without ever shutting it down. Lot's of OnDemand action and grabbing stuff from my library. No issues.

Keep up the good work. Big Grin

P.S. I have a major update to the Maverick skin. When it's ready I'll push it to my Git and hit you with a PM. Big Grin

Skin looks incredible!
As for channel naming, can you give me a list of chtypes effected?
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?
(2015-04-02, 23:22)Marshall Wrote: BTW I don't know if anyone ever reported it, but the advanced channel rule that allows you to rename the channel seems to toss an extra space in the value. Which causes your channel icon to fail to load. I can't imagine someone hasn't said something... either that or its the way I'm using my remote. Huh

Here's an example

Code:

I reported this a while back. The only channel types I use are TV Show, Movie Genre and Playlist and they all did that.
(2015-04-03, 01:57)RockDawg Wrote:
(2015-04-02, 23:22)Marshall Wrote: BTW I don't know if anyone ever reported it, but the advanced channel rule that allows you to rename the channel seems to toss an extra space in the value. Which causes your channel icon to fail to load. I can't imagine someone hasn't said something... either that or its the way I'm using my remote. Huh

Here's an example

Code:

I reported this a while back. The only channel types I use are TV Show, Movie Genre and Playlist and they all did that.

Yeah to be honest I think it does it anytime you set an advanced channel rule that renames the channel.
(2015-04-03, 01:11)Lunatixz Wrote: Do you have xmltv service enabled?
Try Misc/Clear system cache, then General/Force Channel Reset, Then re autotune ustvnow or verify each channel in the configuration manager.

i think clearing the cache / channel resetting, did the trick.
things are coming up like before.

thanks!
Linux Mint 18 LTS 64-bit - Kodi 17 Beta6
Odroid-C2 - Libreelec v7.90.009
(2015-04-03, 02:17)Marshall Wrote:
(2015-04-03, 01:57)RockDawg Wrote:

Here's an example

Code:

Yeah to be honest I think it does it anytime you set an advanced channel rule that renames the channel.

That's been my experience.
(2015-04-02, 23:22)Marshall Wrote: Let me be the first to say there are going to be A LOT OF HAPPY PEOPLE because of the channel renumbering feature. Nice work, my initial testing says it works as advertised.

Amen!! I have yet to try this feature, but I have wanted it for some time. I never requested it because I thought it too trivial. Damn fine addition Lunatixz!! Great work as usual!
" I ran it for almost a week without ever shutting it down."

WoW I wish I could just watch it and not have the urge to make more channels or tweek with somthing Smile

Big thanks for the recent update, now I can let the ripped out hair grow back in. VERY much looking forward to the renumbering , eventhough my S2 is working, I like looking at neat clean code when i can and my S2 looks like a ransom note with all the editing Ill never have the organization to keep track of all the copies of copies of S2 i got parts of Smile

Thanks again for the great program
Ok need a little help? Im setting up a live tv channel in channel configurations. I select the Source which is a plugin and I browse to the plugin channel I want to add .Then for XMLTV Name I select ptvlguide.Next I put the Channel Name and when I go to Channel ID its says IMPROPER FORMATTING. Can someone tell me what im doing wrong? The channels plays but there's no EPG if someone can help me out would appreciate it thanks guys..
I get that a lot too
(2015-04-03, 07:05)Bbold Wrote: Ok need a little help? Im setting up a live tv channel in channel configurations. I select the Source which is a plugin and I browse to the plugin channel I want to add .Then for XMLTV Name I select ptvlguide.Next I put the Channel Name and when I go to Channel ID its says IMPROPER FORMATTING. Can someone tell me what im doing wrong? The channels plays but there's no EPG if someone can help me out would appreciate it thanks guys..

That's probably because the ptvlguide file doesn't contain any EPG data for the channel you're adding.
(2015-04-03, 07:26)Marshall Wrote:
(2015-04-03, 07:05)Bbold Wrote: Ok need a little help? Im setting up a live tv channel in channel configurations. I select the Source which is a plugin and I browse to the plugin channel I want to add .Then for XMLTV Name I select ptvlguide.Next I put the Channel Name and when I go to Channel ID its says IMPROPER FORMATTING. Can someone tell me what im doing wrong? The channels plays but there's no EPG if someone can help me out would appreciate it thanks guys..

That's probably because the ptvlguide file doesn't contain any EPG data for the channel you're adding.

So how do I know what channels ptvlguide supports is it based off network channels I already have in my library? And how would I go about getting a xmltv for a particular channel EPG ptvlguide Doesn't Support? Kinda new at open configurating the channels so any help would be appreciated thanks.
With the latest update, movie artwork is no longer displayed (default blank picture is shown). TV show artwork is fine. Using openelec helix, media on a samba shared nas. Artwork was displayed on previous version.

I'll post a log when I get a chance

***Moving to bug reports***
  • 616(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[OLD/CLOSED] PseudoTV Live - Set-Top box solution45