• 31(current)
[RELEASE] Super Favourites AKA Super-Addon Creator
(2015-01-06, 19:48)spoyser Wrote:
(2014-12-29, 19:05)myfototv Wrote: Hi again Spoyser,

OK here we go. You Know when you push an update out for a new version, you get a first run pop out windows from the side, could you please tell me how I could do that once I've updated my super favourites, its so I don't have to tell my parents what I've updated every time they get my updates, basically when the import from remote file, they get the pop up telling them What I've updated, I am aware I would have to type in what's been updated etc. in the windows that's not a problem.

Thank you Spoyser

Can you try this version:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/1155...BMC/SF.zip

Just put a text file called changelog.txt in the zipfile and the contents will be displayed on import.

This text file can contain any of the standard XBMC formatting tags, eg [B], [I], [COLOR red], [UPPERCASE], [LOWERCASE]

___________________________________________________________________________________
If you find Super Favourites useful please consider a small donation, remember every little helps Smile
http://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd...E5TZG3BX78

Hi Spoyser,

Been a while, I've been away and had a lot of work on. Ive just tried out the changelog.txt feature. Its PERFECT!!!

will you be pushing this out to the repository so that it updates automatically?

Many Regards, and an apology for being away for so long.

Simontfs
Can I ask how did u get the change log to work. Where did u add it just to addon/plugin.progrem.super favourites
(2015-04-01, 17:10)Madchester312 Wrote: Can I ask how did u get the change log to work. Where did u add it just to addon/plugin.progrem.super favourites

Hi Madchester312

Yes, Just Place a changelog.txt file in the same folder as the settings.xml file in the Roaming/kodi/userdata/addon_data/plugin.program.super.favourites folder

hope that helps.

Regards

Simontfs
(2015-04-01, 17:17)myfototv Wrote:
(2015-04-01, 17:10)Madchester312 Wrote: Can I ask how did u get the change log to work. Where did u add it just to addon/plugin.progrem.super favourites

Hi Madchester312

Yes, Just Place a changelog.txt file in the same folder as the settings.xml file in the Roaming/kodi/userdata/addon_data/plugin.program.super.favourites folder

hope that helps.

Regards

Simontfs

Hi thanks for the reply

I see I added it to the menu an then tried to add it to the addons folder. I did try to add it there also but I was at work on Ubuntu an it wouldn't let me ha ha I will try that when I get home

Thanks for the help an time to reply. I think we both are trying to do similar things. I've noticed your post on here before.
@ Spoyser:

I have been re-configuring some of my kodi setup and I noticed that with the latest versions of OTTV and SF a new bug seems to have surfaced in relation to symbols, in this case the "&" character.

Previously SF Folder titles such as 'Sky SciFi & Horror' worked perfectly, but now that I'm trying to link again to folders with an "&" symbol OTTV just gets stuck in a loop and you cant choose "open folder" as the link the option.

I changed all such titles to use "and" instead of "&" and all is ok now.

Not sure if this is a SF or OTTV issue, but in any case i guess you will look into it. Thanks Smile
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge please click the 'Thumb Up - Like' button to show me your appreciation :)
For YouTube questions see the official thread here.
(2015-04-02, 16:35)jmh2002 Wrote: @ Spoyser:

I have been re-configuring some of my kodi setup and I noticed that with the latest versions of OTTV and SF a new bug seems to have surfaced in relation to symbols, in this case the "&" character.

Previously SF Folder titles such as 'Sky SciFi & Horror' worked perfectly, but now that I'm trying to link again to folders with an "&" symbol OTTV just gets stuck in a loop and you cant choose "open folder" as the link the option.

Not sure if this is a SF or OTTV issue, but in any case i guess you will look into it. Thanks Smile

I thought I'd fixed that, can you confirm what version of SF you are running?
OTTV v2.5.5 and SF v1.0.27.6
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge please click the 'Thumb Up - Like' button to show me your appreciation :)
For YouTube questions see the official thread here.
(2015-04-02, 16:56)jmh2002 Wrote: OTTV v2.5.5 and SF v1.0.27.6

Cheers, I think that is the latest so I best have another look
(2015-03-29, 22:19)spoyser Wrote:
(2015-03-29, 02:00)AndroidMan Wrote:
(2015-03-22, 08:59)spoyser Wrote: You can already have the import option appear as an item in the main SF list

Can you explain the difference between updating and adding.

Would a setting with these options work for you:

Always add
Always replace
Always ask

Add updates existing ones and adds the new ones

Replace removes existing ones and adds the new ones

Ask - asks which of the above 2 you want.

I'm a bit busy at moment but I'll try and squeeze it in ASAP

That would be amazing Spoyser, how about the auto update favourites though?

What do you mean by auto update?

I mean have the Super Favourites.zip downloaded either daily, each time super favourites is used, or each time a link is clicked so that your super favourites can always be up to date, so you dont have to open super favourites and expressly tell it to update to remain current.
Any of those options would do really or even have it update when xbmc starts each time.
(2015-04-03, 22:41)AndroidMan Wrote:
(2015-03-29, 22:19)spoyser Wrote:
(2015-03-29, 02:00)AndroidMan Wrote: That would be amazing Spoyser, how about the auto update favourites though?

What do you mean by auto update?

I mean have the Super Favourites.zip downloaded either daily, each time super favourites is used, or each time a link is clicked so that your super favourites can always be up to date, so you dont have to open super favourites and expressly tell it to update to remain current.
Any of those options would do really or even have it update when xbmc starts each time.

In Display Settings there is a 'Show import remote file' option, have you enabled that? That will give you a link to click.
(2015-04-03, 23:09)spoyser Wrote:
(2015-04-03, 22:41)AndroidMan Wrote:
(2015-03-29, 22:19)spoyser Wrote: What do you mean by auto update?

In Display Settings there is a 'Show import remote file' option, have you enabled that? That will give you a link to click.

I have it enabled it adds to the top of super fav an is great. It still will only add to the folders though not replace.

I think android man means spoyser saying it would be nice if when super favourites is launched maybe if u have a remote path set in setting it would be great if it would automatically download the file from the remote path

Thst way every time you open super favourites you would get a updated list.

If that was possible though the fact it only add file would be messy. As any folder name changed u would end up with duplicated listings.

If this option was available it would there for need to overwrite the userdata super favourites folder every time it downloads so you are getting the current list.

That would be a cool feature if it was possible to do.
(2015-04-02, 16:35)jmh2002 Wrote: @ Spoyser:

I think I have fixed this in the latest version 1.0.28 can you give it a try and let me know.
Super Favourites 1.0.28 are GO!! (Only available from my repo at the moment)

See changelog for more details, but a couple of things worth a mention:

iRemember
Whilst in iSearch bring up the context menu and select Add to iRemember, this adds the current keywords to the iRemember list which can then be used at a later date to re-populate the iSearch item. Saves you typing it in ever again. Favourite artists, films, music, favourite TV shows, films not currently available, iRecomendations, etc My list already had about 20 items in it!

Manual Entry
Manual items can now be created, and existing items manually edited.

This is particularly useful for activating windows that are not that easy to "favourite", eg File Manager:

Select Create new manual entry from context menu
Name it File Manager
Select ActivateWindow as type
Set the windowID to FileManager (note No space)
Leave the command blank
Done - you now have a Super Favourite that takes you to the File Manager

For other windowIDs take a look here:

Window_IDs (wiki)

Some will work (Weather and ShutdownMenu definitely do), some will have weird effects, some will do nothing, have a play.

Super Favourites Override Menu
From the override menu, if you press the menu button again it will jump to the standard context menu - amazingly useful and a great time saver.

There have been a few requests recently about changes too the import functionality, these haven't made it into this version, but they will becoming soon.

Twitter
Yep, I'm now on twitter - http://twitter.com/the_spoyser

___________________________________________________________________________________
If you find Super Favourites useful please consider a small donation, remember every little helps Smile
(2015-04-04, 11:33)spoyser Wrote: Super Favourites 1.0.28 are GO!! (Only available from my repo at the moment)

See changelog for more details, but a couple of things worth a mention:

iRemember
Whilst in iSearch bring up the context menu and select Add to iRemember, this adds the current keywords to the iRemember list which can then be used at a later date to re-populate the iSearch item. Saves you typing it in ever again. Favourite artists, films, music, favourite TV shows, films not currently available, iRecomendations, etc My list already had about 20 items in it!

Manual Entry
Manual items can now be created, and existing items manually edited.

This is particularly useful for activating windows that are not that easy to "favourite", eg File Manager:

Select Create new manual entry from context menu
Name it File Manager
Select ActivateWindow as type
Set the windowID to FileManager (note No space)
Leave the command blank
Done - you now have a Super Favourite that takes you to the File Manager

For other windowIDs take a look here:

Window_IDs (wiki)

Some will work (Weather and ShutdownMenu definitely do), some will have weird effects, some will do nothing, have a play.

Super Favourites Override Menu
From the override menu, if you press the menu button again it will jump to the standard context menu - amazingly useful and a great time saver.

There have been a few requests recently about changes too the import functionality, these haven't made it into this version, but they will becoming soon.

Twitter
Yep, I'm now on twitter - http://twitter.com/the_spoyser

Great update thanks.

Look forward to future updates
(2015-02-26, 00:40)geopgin Wrote: Hi All,

Being a little nit picky here but, I have a super favorites folder with with 3 regular favorites (live news streams) within it. They are from the phoenix addon. I then added the folder to a submenu on my home screen. When i click it i go directly to screen (nothing in it) then takes like 1 or 2 secs before it goes to the actual super folder (named news).

I know 1 or 2 seconds doesn't seem like a lot but the rest of the ux is very snappy. Its a win7 box with a i7.

any recommendations would be welcome

EDIT: adding log snip

18:29:10 T:4676 NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
18:29:11 T:4676 NOTICE: Super Favourites V1.0.27.6 : ?label=News&mode=400&path=special%3A%2F%2Fhome%2Fuserdata%5Caddon_data%5Cplugin.program.super.favourites%5CSuper%20Favourites%5CNews
18:29:11 T:4676 NOTICE: Super Favourites V1.0.27.6 : ['plugin://plugin.program.super.favourites/', '86', '?label=News&mode=400&path=special%3A%2F%2Fhome%2Fuserdata%5Caddon_data%5Cplugin.program.super.favourites%5CSuper%20Favourites%5CNews']
18:29:11 T:4676 NOTICE: Super Favourites V1.0.27.6 : Mode = 400
18:29:12 T:4676 NOTICE: Super Favourites V1.0.27.6 : cmd = None

I enabled debug i'm assuming it dumps in reg logs?

Latest version 1.0.28 should be quicker
  • 31(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Super Favourites AKA Super-Addon Creator6