• 617(current)
[OLD/CLOSED] PseudoTV Live - Set-Top box solution
(2015-04-03, 08:25)Bbold Wrote:
(2015-04-03, 07:26)Marshall Wrote:
(2015-04-03, 07:05)Bbold Wrote: Ok need a little help? Im setting up a live tv channel in channel configurations. I select the Source which is a plugin and I browse to the plugin channel I want to add .Then for XMLTV Name I select ptvlguide.Next I put the Channel Name and when I go to Channel ID its says IMPROPER FORMATTING. Can someone tell me what im doing wrong? The channels plays but there's no EPG if someone can help me out would appreciate it thanks guys..

That's probably because the ptvlguide file doesn't contain any EPG data for the channel you're adding.

So how do I know what channels ptvlguide supports is it based off network channels I already have in my library? And how would I go about getting a xmltv for a particular channel EPG ptvlguide Doesn't Support? Kinda new at open configurating the channels so any help would be appreciated thanks.

Information on this is on the very first page of this topic. Also as far as what ptvlguide supports you can open with a text editor to view but it supports (ustvnow, filmon, and pluto.tv).
This is for use with mc2xml.

How to decrease the size of your xmltv.xml file.

running mc2xml stock

I am writing this with all of my files located in c:\mc2xml\

contents of the folder are as follows.
  • mc2xml.exe - this the application.
  • mc2xml.chl - contents of the chl file are only the channels that you want to pull metadata for. If you do not have a channel number or sub channel listed in this folder you will not pull guide data for that channel.

• mc2xml.ren - in this file you can add a display name for a channel.
    • 2:CBS
    • 3:ION
    • 4:NBC
    • 9:MY9
    • 25:CNN

• mc2xml.dat - this is created on your first run of mc2xml.exe. It stores all of your information that you input when you first run the application.
  • xmltv.xml - output with desired settings above.
  • mc2xml.bat - this is a batch file that I have created and run every 12 hours.
    Code:
    @echo off
    mc2xml.exe -d 24 -o xmltv.xml -s -6

after: unfortunately looks like they are having an issue so I can't post a screen shot. the final xmltv.xml file is <1mb though.
Is it possible to use my HDHR-US (first gen I think)? In Kodi, if I go to Videos->HDHomerun Devices, I see

101bce88-0 On 192.168.1.221
101bce88-1 On 192.168.1.221

This makes sense because I have a dual tuner. If I choose either one of them, I get "Current Stream: Channel none, SNR 0". Selecting that gives me playback failed.

I'm asking here because I'd like to know if my HDHomerun can work with PseudoTV Live.

Thanks.
i cant seem to find a current pstvl skin thread, most are over a year old and none seem centralized to pseudotv section over all... ive been moding the comcast skin a bit and would like to ask a few questions to go deeper. as is I PSed the background and edited the EPG file to whiten up the channel #s and names and such. would like to talk to someone on how to work with the "upcomming Popups" anyone point me in a direction? here it is, ill edit the post with a lit up version asap... anyway this is just for my personal use, no disrespect to the origional authors.

Custom skin "Nix" updated.Fixed minor bugs and changed some artwork images.If anybody likes it can download from git:

https://github.com/tromyl/Nix-skin

watch gallery
This Add-on is super cool, but I'm having two main issues:

1. The UI for PseudoTV live is totally different to the UI for the inbuilt PVR for Kodi. Why? Having to use two different UIs within the same program with their own way of working just seems silly, and confuses the hell out of my parents.
2. There doesn't appear to be any way to select or disable subtitles. Many of my TV shows and Movies have subtitles in various languages and it's very annoying that I can't change or disable them.

If anyone has any ideas on how to address these concerns I've love to hear them. Otherwise I might give it a miss for the sake of WAF.
(2015-04-04, 15:36)stephendt Wrote: This Add-on is super cool, but I'm having two main issues:

1. The UI for PseudoTV live is totally different to the UI for the inbuilt PVR for Kodi. Why? Having to use two different UIs within the same program with their own way of working just seems silly, and confuses the hell out of my parents.
2. There doesn't appear to be any way to select or disable subtitles. Many of my TV shows and Movies have subtitles in various languages and it's very annoying that I can't change or disable them.

If anyone has any ideas on how to address these concerns I've love to hear them. Otherwise I might give it a miss for the sake of WAF.

You can set subtitle settings in the main Kodi settings. Or you can click the select button while watching a video and choose to disable subtitles each time.
Is anyone besides tromy getting plugins that use ptvlguide channels to work properly?
Anyone else having problem with video library playing in ptvl. I can not get thru a show without it stoping then changing channels 5mins into the show. Was not doing this in previous update any suggestions?

Will post log
Hi

I am probably missing something but I cannot see the ability to autotune FTV as described everywhere. I have tried googling and searching but autotune to FTV is not listed. All I have under LiveTV is PVR Backend, HDHomeRun and USTVNOW.

I have version 0.6.1b (I think the latest version) installed with FTV 1.3.3 on OpenElec 5.0.7 (running Kodi Helix). FTV is working fine and I have added stuff to my FTV favorites.

1. Is it just me or am I missing something? Does anybody know how to resolve this?

2. Alternatively can anybody send me an FTV example to add manually to the settings2.xml to see if I can get it working that way?

Many thanks in advance.
(2015-04-05, 23:01)waynieoaks Wrote: Hi

I am probably missing something but I cannot see the ability to autotune FTV as described everywhere. I have tried googling and searching but autotune to FTV is not listed. All I have under LiveTV is PVR Backend, HDHomeRun and USTVNOW.

I have version 0.6.1b (I think the latest version) installed with FTV 1.3.3 on OpenElec 5.0.7 (running Kodi Helix). FTV is working fine and I have added stuff to my FTV favorites.

1. Is it just me or am I missing something? Does anybody know how to resolve this?

2. Alternatively can anybody send me an FTV example to add manually to the settings2.xml to see if I can get it working that way?

Many thanks in advance.

Autotuning FTV was removed, because its a redundant feature. Between the in-app manager and "Donor Lists" it was over kill.
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?
(2015-04-05, 23:01)waynieoaks Wrote: Hi

Many thanks in advance.
Why you want to use autotuning?
You can create channels very easy with the in app manager.If you have xmltv pick Live TV if not pick Internet TV and select the channels you want from your FTV plugin.
I use it and it works great!Smile
Hi Lunatixz / tromy,

Thanks for your replies. So I have tried several ways now and cannot get it to work with FTV at all. Probably me doing something wrong - I keep reading the posts to see what others have done...

I am trying to get the live TV channels in the UK (like BBC, ITV, Channel 4 etc). Tried adding as a plugin but can only have one channel for each plugin tried internet TV but cannot get anything to work. Tried looking into strm files as well. I do not have a way of getting live TV so have to be over the internet or with a plugin. Is there an idiots guide anywhere for people like me?

Many thanks.
Hi

OK - I have worked out how to do it with Internet TV option and FTV plugin. I was failing before as I was not saving and closing the channel list before trying to add again which did not work for me. If I save and close the list after each channel it was then working perfectly.

Many thanks.
Are we not allowed to choose our own plugins anymore? I can only select from the community list
  • 617(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[OLD/CLOSED] PseudoTV Live - Set-Top box solution45