• 39(current)
[RELEASE] NetfliXBMC - Unofficial Netflix Add-on (Win/OSX/Linux) - Thread 2
Here's a question you should ask yourself: Why am I asking for support for 2 plugins that depend on Google Chrome when I don't even have Google Chrome installed?
(2015-04-22, 14:22)insertnamehere Wrote:
(2015-04-22, 13:41)phsyraxion Wrote: This fixed my issue also.

Before disabling it would either crash to desktop or just "fail to load" when launched. Switching this off on my netflix account has it working as good as it use to. Nice find.

I'd like to try to reproduce this. What country is your Netflix account in?

I live in Australia (Adelaide in SA Specifically).

When I checked the Log it said it could not load the pwindow for the plugin.

I have it working on my test machine great but I copied over the whole plugin to my HTPC and I still have the issue where it opens to the file browser in Kodi instead of the plugin. I need to troubleshoot that more before asking for help on that but the fact it works on my test machine suggests I have something screwy.

I will have to donate a few beers your way because this is the single reason I use Netflix. Without this addon I would not even bother with an account.
Install and Update Problems
When running in windows, Netflixbmc version 1.3.19 uses new dll files for openssl. The file system locks these dlls while Netflixbmc is using them. If Kodi tries to update to a newer version of Netflixbmc, and Netflixbmc has been started, it will first delete the existing files but when it can't delete the library dll files it aborts. Leaving you with only the resource folder in the Netflixbmc plugin directory.
Off hand I don't know of a quick code fix for this. Try turning off auto update and only update before starting Netflixbmc.

Updated to 1.3.19 and Netflixbmc crashes on startup.
Again this appears to be due to the new openssl library dlls not being recognised by Kodi.
Restarting Kodi in most cases fixes this problem. This should only happen when first updating to 1.3.19 but later updates should not be a problem.
If you still have issues after the restart let us know.
(2015-04-23, 06:16)phsyraxion Wrote: I live in Australia (Adelaide in SA Specifically).

When I checked the Log it said it could not load the pwindow for the plugin.

I have it working on my test machine great but I copied over the whole plugin to my HTPC and I still have the issue where it opens to the file browser in Kodi instead of the plugin. I need to troubleshoot that more before asking for help on that but the fact it works on my test machine suggests I have something screwy.

I will have to donate a few beers your way because this is the single reason I use Netflix. Without this addon I would not even bother with an account.

Usually the pwindow log entry happens after the actual problem in the log. Maybe post up a chunk of the log from before and after this point.

As for the beer, I appreciate the offer but I'm just the latest in a large group of people who have worked, and are working on Netflixbmc. At this point, all donations should go to Corona.
(2015-04-23, 07:37)insertnamehere Wrote: Install and Update Problems
When running in windows, Netflixbmc version 1.3.19 uses new dll files for openssl. The file system locks these dlls while Netflixbmc is using them. If Kodi tries to update to a newer version of Netflixbmc, and Netflixbmc has been started, it will first delete the existing files but when it can't delete the library dll files it aborts. Leaving you with only the resource folder in the Netflixbmc plugin directory.
Off hand I don't know of a quick code fix for this. Try turning off auto update and only update before starting Netflixbmc.

Updated to 1.3.19 and Netflixbmc crashes on startup.
Again this appears to be due to the new openssl library dlls not being recognised by Kodi.
Restarting Kodi in most cases fixes this problem. This should only happen when first updating to 1.3.19 but later updates should not be a problem.

Ever since I have updated to 1.3.19 I have not been able to get Netflixbmc to run. Some times I get a notification stating script error other times Iget nothing and Kodi takes me to the overall videos window (kodi's window not netflixbmc). I have restarted kodi many times and this does not help at all. I've even have unistalled Netflixbmc and the repo addon and have installed a copy of the addon directly from github and still nothing works. I am running on 14.2 final with the artic zeyphr skin. I'll try getting a debug log posted later tonight when I get home. FYI I live in the USA
(2015-04-23, 14:17)Talguy Wrote: Ever since I have updated to 1.3.19 I have not been able to get Netflixbmc to run. Some times I get a notification stating script error other times Iget nothing and Kodi takes me to the overall videos window (kodi's window not netflixbmc). I have restarted kodi many times and this does not help at all. I've even have unistalled Netflixbmc and the repo addon and have installed a copy of the addon directly from github and still nothing works. I am running on 14.2 final with the artic zeyphr skin. I'll try getting a debug log posted later tonight when I get home. FYI I live in the USA

If you haven't done this already can you make sure "Test Participation" is turned off on your Netflix account.
Please turn debug logging on in Netflixbmc configuration.
I'll look at the log, I'm sure we can fix this.
(2015-04-23, 07:37)insertnamehere Wrote: Updated to 1.3.19 and Netflixbmc crashes on startup.

I updated to 1.3.19 when it first showed up. Each night since I have to exit and restart Kodi to launch NetfliXBMC or I just get taken to the default Video node. After a restart it runs fine. I'm on 3.19 so it shouldn't be trying to update to cause this issue.
(2015-04-23, 16:22)kmarq Wrote:
(2015-04-23, 07:37)insertnamehere Wrote: Updated to 1.3.19 and Netflixbmc crashes on startup.

I updated to 1.3.19 when it first showed up. Each night since I have to exit and restart Kodi to launch NetfliXBMC or I just get taken to the default Video node. After a restart it runs fine. I'm on 3.19 so it shouldn't be trying to update to cause this issue.

So you use Kodi for a period of time and then try to start Netflixbmc and it drops out to the video node, but when you restart Kodi you can start Netflixbmc?
Can you turn on debug and post the log?
Mine completely stopped working after the automatic update as well.

I uninstalled netflixbmc entirely, uninstalled the repo. reinstalled it all from addons, no dice. manually deleted everything in the plugins folder and addon data folder, reinstalled from the zip file on github, still nothing happens besides opening to the video node.

I'll attach my log as well but its basically just a single error about not being able to open a folder.

Could anyone let me know what I need to remove to get rid of netflixbmc and all related packages entirely from my system? Maybe a super clean reinstall will help.
Netflixbmc doesn't startup:

01:08:56 T:2916 NOTICE: URL: https://www.netflix.com/Login
01:08:59 T:2916 INFO: Python script stopped
01:08:59 T:2916 DEBUG: Thread LanguageInvoker 2916 terminating
01:08:59 T:6020 DEBUG: XFILE::CPluginDirectory::WaitOnScriptResult - plugin exited prematurely - terminating
01:08:59 T:4140 DEBUG: ------ Window Deinit (DialogBusy.xml) ------
01:08:59 T:4140 ERROR: XFILE::CDirectory::GetDirectory - Error getting plugin://plugin.video.netflixbmc/
01:08:59 T:4140 ERROR: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory(plugin://plugin.video.netflixbmc/) failed
01:08:59 T:4140 DEBUG: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory (addons://sources/video/)
01:08:59 T:4140 DEBUG: ParentPath = [addons://sources/]

I did uninstall the addon again, making use of chromecast is working so much better.
Hi kmarq, jdoo, hstegeman,

Can you tell me:
your operating system - Windows, Linux, or OSX
which distro/version of the OS
which version of Kodi

I'm trying to find something common and still trying to reproduce the problem.
Windows 7
Kodi 14.2 Helix
(2015-04-24, 02:26)jdoo Wrote: Windows 7
Kodi 14.2 Helix

32 or 64 bit?
What country are you in?
(2015-04-24, 01:13)hstegeman Wrote: Netflixbmc doesn't startup:

01:08:56 T:2916 NOTICE: URL: https://www.netflix.com/Login
01:08:59 T:2916 INFO: Python script stopped
01:08:59 T:2916 DEBUG: Thread LanguageInvoker 2916 terminating
01:08:59 T:6020 DEBUG: XFILE::CPluginDirectory::WaitOnScriptResult - plugin exited prematurely - terminating
01:08:59 T:4140 DEBUG: ------ Window Deinit (DialogBusy.xml) ------
01:08:59 T:4140 ERROR: XFILE::CDirectory::GetDirectory - Error getting plugin://plugin.video.netflixbmc/
01:08:59 T:4140 ERROR: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory(plugin://plugin.video.netflixbmc/) failed
01:08:59 T:4140 DEBUG: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory (addons://sources/video/)
01:08:59 T:4140 DEBUG: ParentPath = [addons://sources/]

I did uninstall the addon again, making use of chromecast is working so much better.

Im getting this too....

But...

I have 2 HTPC machines (setup exactly the same):
- Windows 7
- Latest Chrome
- Helix 14.2

And one developer machine.

I have it working just fine on my developer machine and one of my HTPC machines. I cannot say exactly what got it working as I was uninstalling, re-installing, copying, clearing caches and a range of things for hours. I have copied over all the files from one HTPC (working) to the other and it still crashes.

I have also uninstalled and re-installed from repo a dozen times on the non-working machine and just get a failed when trying to load.

So I have no idea
You could try to compare the plugin cache folders of netflixbmc of the working and non-working with winmerge.
  • 39(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] NetfliXBMC - Unofficial Netflix Add-on (Win/OSX/Linux) - Thread 217