• 16(current)
NVIDIA Shield (Android TV set-top box)
Not trying to make any one anxious but I'm now watching a 4K movie on the SHIELD Big Grin
Sadly my AVR can't do 4K@60Hz pass-through as it's only HDMI1.4a so cannot confirm HD audio (yet)
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Hey, no fair Smile ... Via Kodi? How's the performance? C'mon, please spill the beans (HD audio? High bitrate playback? 23.976?)
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My HT
@ Martijn. They sent you one for testing? I am jealous now..
(2015-05-23, 19:44)Martijn Wrote: Not trying to make any one anxious but I'm now watching a 4K movie on the SHIELD Big Grin
Sadly my AVR can't do 4K@60Hz pass-through as it's only HDMI1.4a so cannot confirm HD audio (yet)

Hey!

I have a 4k TV and AVR with HDMI 2.0 .

Can i test it for you?Big Grin
MY CURRENT MEDIA PLAYER | MY HOME THEATER
MINIX NEO U22-XJ COREELEC v19 MATRIX | EGREAT A10 | NVIDIA SHIELD | LG 75 NANO90 DV/HDR+ | Sony 43 Android TV HDR
XBOX SERIES X  | PS4 PRO 4K | JBL 9.1 System 5.1.4 DTS:X/ATMOS 
And I've got 24p/50p/60p framerate switching working Wink
Probably no 23.976, though, although I never can tell due to my TV smoothing the thing.
Re: 4K display and AVR, need to get both with HDMI 2.0 and HDCP 2.2 right (so as to avoid obsolescence ahead)?
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My HT
(2015-05-23, 19:44)Martijn Wrote: Not trying to make any one anxious but I'm now watching a 4K movie on the SHIELD Big Grin
Please Martijn, quick review would be great please
Looks like Nvidia sent all team kodi members units to test. Smile

Well at least we will get some good reviews on the thing first up.
How about 3d iso launching from kodi?
(2015-05-23, 21:55)ozkhan1 Wrote: Looks like Nvidia sent all team kodi members units to test. Smile

Neah only two members.

It's quite nice Smile

(2015-05-23, 21:56)Skank Wrote: How about 3d iso launching from kodi?
Don't care about 3D personally and have no interest in testing it or have a TV that can do it
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
(2015-05-23, 21:55)ozkhan1 Wrote: Looks like Nvidia sent all team kodi members units to test. Smile
Nah. Just me as the lead droid dev and Martijn because he has the 4K hardware
Sure is nice.. great to know they acknowledge the presence of our niche kodi fan club here.
(2015-05-23, 21:58)Martijn Wrote:

Neah only two members.

It's quite nice Smile

(2015-05-23, 21:56)Skank Wrote: How about 3d iso launching from kodi?
Don't care about 3D personally and have no interest in testing it or have a TV that can do it

Oh wauw, thx man
(2015-05-23, 22:00)Koying Wrote:
Nah. Just me as the lead droid dev and Martijn because he has the 4K hardware

Well, are you willing to test and launch 3d iso from within kodi? Or are you feeling no interest to too?
How easy is to load Kodi on it ? Is their external usb harddrive support via Kodi on it ?
The normal XBMC log IS NOT a debug log, to enable debug logging you must toggle it on under XBMC Settings - System or in advancedsettings.xml. Use XBMC Debug Log Addon to retrieve it.
  • 16(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
NVIDIA Shield (Android TV set-top box)9