• 79(current)
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 15.0) Part 2
(2015-06-21, 18:26)dendera Wrote: Just after 2-3 seconds, the movie started buffering. About 20 seconds later, a new buffering.
Memory used is about 680mb / 750, could that be a cause?

I'm connected with wire gigabit cable (and router).

Can't see an obvious problem. What is cpu usage like when playing (either from 'o' key when playing, or using top/bcmstat from ssh connection).
Can you measure network bandwidth? (either with iperf, or just copying a large file to pi over network and timing it).
Can you try renaming /storage/.kodi and rebooting? See if the problem disappears without the usual addons/settings.
(2015-06-21, 18:36)popcornmix Wrote:
(2015-06-21, 18:26)dendera Wrote: Just after 2-3 seconds, the movie started buffering. About 20 seconds later, a new buffering.

Can't see an obvious problem. What is cpu usage like when playing (either from 'o' key when playing, or using top/bcmstat from ssh connection).
Can you measure network bandwidth? (either with iperf, or just copying a large file to pi over network and timing it).
Can you try renaming /storage/.kodi and rebooting? See if the problem disappears without the usual addons/settings.

It could also be a issue with the Netgear Nighthawk X4 router. I did not experience this when i had the DLINK router. Gonna switch and check if its that
(2015-06-21, 19:20)dendera Wrote:
(2015-06-21, 18:36)popcornmix Wrote:

It could also be a issue with the Netgear Nighthawk X4 router. I did not experience this when i had the DLINK router. Gonna switch and check if its that

It was the damn Netgear Nighthawk X4 router. Such a sucky router.

Connected the Dlink router and all files ect went smooth and nice.

Thanks for your time, and sorry for wasting your time Smile
(2015-06-21, 20:22)dendera Wrote: It was the damn Netgear Nighthawk X4 router. Such a sucky router.

That does indeed suck, thanks for confirming.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
New OpenELEC Isengard build #0621: RPi / RPi2
(Supercedes previous build)

Code:
# uname -a
Linux rpi512 4.1.0-rc8 #1 Sun Jun 21 21:54:17 BST 2015 armv6l GNU/Linux

# vcgencmd version
Jun 19 2015 22:41:17
Copyright (c) 2012 Broadcom
version 8039fab569286d9b197c9b59070364061c8f37e8 (clean) (release)

# lsb_release
OpenELEC (Milhouse) - Version: devel-20150621215329-#0621-g6ff0766 [Build #0621]

# vcdbg log msg 2>&1 | grep DTOK
001574.508: Kernel trailer DTOK property says yes

# Kernel device tree status: Enabled

Based on tip of OpenELEC master (6ff0766c, changelog) and tip of XBMC master (1cb83fba, changelog) with the following modifications: Build Highlights:
  1. Use upstream scissor fix PR7293, with correction for vertically oriented text
Build Details:
  1. XBMC:
    • [confluence] add missing video codec flags (PR:7289, 1 commit, 4 files changed)
    • [lang] Remove line breaks used in dialogs (PR:7299, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • Honor "ignorethewhensorting" (PR:7297, 1 commit, 4 files changed)
    • FIX: [amc] clear pending exceptions on exit (PR:7316, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • [rbp] Disable fast_memcpy which is slower than memcpy (PR:7280, 1 commit, 13 files changed)
    • FIX: [droid] harden MigrateUserData (PR:7317, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • [Confluence] fix long filenames in subtitles search&download dialog header (PR:7283, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
  2. newclock4:
    • New commits in this build:
      • [omxplayer] Change in interlace state is not an error in log (5ef05337)
    • Commits no longer in build:
      • ffmpeg: hevc: squash: Remove deblocker thread and reduce amount of data flushed (63f59dbe)
      • [rbp] Disable fast_memcpy which is slower than memcpy (5c88cbba)
  3. Additional commits/pull requests/changes not yet merged upstream:
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2015-06-21, 00:49)vbat99 Wrote: Could it be as simple as the filename having 3d twice and Kodi is only reading the first instance of 3d?

Very unlikely, happens to all files, this was just an example that I happen to own in SBS and TAB both, so I can compare if there is any difference. It does make a difference in that Kodi detects the prefered 3D mode and the GUI gets SBS or TAB accordingly to the movie itself.

(2015-06-21, 14:03)Catscrash Wrote: my problems actually have been fixed by updating my projectors firmware (more supported 3d modes and edid fix I guess) and a reboot of openelec. Everything is workin as intended now, all I have to do, is switch on and off the full HD 3d output when watching MVC MKVs or SBS MKVs

Unfortunately, my projector doesn't offer any firmware updates at the moment. It has a service USB post, but no updates for my exact model, so I'm stuck with the few EDID modes that actually offer 3D FP. But this is certainly a good advice for many other users - to try to update the TVs firmware.

(2015-06-21, 12:15)popcornmix Wrote: Can you post a debug log (wiki) when showing a 3D video being played.

Will do this evening. Thank you for your support.
Can somebody running one of the latest builds just confirm something for me before I make a seperate post with a bug report in.

When connecting from the raspberry to another kodi instance using UPnP, are your watched / unwatched counts also incorrect?

Also when hiding watched episodes and sorting by episode count it also doesn't sort in the correct order. Looks like sorting by total episode count.

Just want to see if it isn't maybe an old db problem. I have even deleted my sources and reimported them.
Hi

What happens to all the commits no longer in build?

Thanks.
Is it known that with latest builds booting takes much longer or. do we need to make any changes to make it faster?
(2015-06-22, 10:58)b1m1 Wrote: What happens to all the commits no longer in build?
Depends, some commits no longer in the newclock4 branch already got merged upstream and thus obsolete in the newclock4 branch, others might not have had the expected result and got discarded or got superseeded by others. Remeber that these are test builds and that they can contain experimental stuff that might not work out and get dropped/replaced again.
(2015-06-22, 10:58)b1m1 Wrote: What happens to all the commits no longer in build?

If a commit marked "squash:" is removed it will be squashed in with a preceding commit (there are normally minor fixups to another commit). There will be no change in behaviour due to this.

Otherwise commits are normally dropped due to being merged into kodi. E.g. we dropped:
Quote:[rbp] Disable fast_memcpy which is slower than memcpy
from newclock4 because it was added to XBMC.
(2015-06-22, 10:45)rterblanche Wrote: When connecting from the raspberry to another kodi instance using UPnP, are your watched / unwatched counts also incorrect?

UPnP watched status is a work in progress.

(2015-06-22, 10:45)rterblanche Wrote: Also when hiding watched episodes and sorting by episode count it also doesn't sort in the correct order. Looks like sorting by total episode count.

Known issue (and on trac).
Thanks. Just wanted to confirm
(2015-06-03, 19:20)Milhouse Wrote:
(2015-06-03, 18:55)tdn135 Wrote: Are there options to increase the speed of HDMI CEC?

Yes, in the CEC Settings - you can increase/reduce the delay between button presses and repeats.

Wouldn it be possible to include this setting in the CEC configuration? So we can configurate this via the GUI. We can adjust (almost) all the options mentioned in the file rpi_2708_1001.xml except for the double_tap_timeout_ms?
(2015-06-22, 20:56)tdn135 Wrote: Wouldn it be possible to include this setting in the CEC configuration? So we can configurate this via the GUI. We can adjust (almost) all the options mentioned in the file rpi_2708_1001.xml except for the double_tap_timeout_ms?

That should be available in GUI as "Remote button press delay before repeating (ms)"
  • 79(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 15.0) Part 214