Using EPG Collector with dvbviewer.
No idea, sorry.
If that's all working for you then fantastic.
If you want to run separate files I've figured out a way to do it though. Let me know and I'll put up destructions.
sure go ahead to tell us ..it cant do any harm and may be useful to others as well
Okay.
First make 4 new folders in your data folder.
These need to be:
C:\Users\mark\AppData\Local\Geekzone\EPG Collector\skyuk
C:\Users\mark\AppData\Local\Geekzone\EPG Collector\skyitaly
C:\Users\mark\AppData\Local\Geekzone\EPG Collector\freeview
C:\Users\mark\AppData\Local\Geekzone\EPG Collector\all

Now copy the relevant .ini's into each folder.
In each folder re-name the .ini to EPG Collector.ini (not EPGcollector.ini.ini!)

Just before I go on, can you confirm you need to run 4 .ini's:
Quote:1.ALL EPG Collector
2.FREEVIEW EPG Collector
3.sky iti EPG Collector
4.sky uk EPG Collector
I'm not clear whether the 'ALL EPG Collector' is needed.
If not obviously just make folders for skyuk, skyitaly and freeview.
Let me know and I'll carry on.
(2015-02-08, 23:12)trogggy Wrote: Okay.
First make 4 new folders in your data folder.
These need to be:
C:\Users\mark\AppData\Local\Geekzone\EPG Collector\skyuk
C:\Users\mark\AppData\Local\Geekzone\EPG Collector\skyitaly
C:\Users\mark\AppData\Local\Geekzone\EPG Collector\freeview
C:\Users\mark\AppData\Local\Geekzone\EPG Collector\all

Now copy the relevant .ini's into each folder.
In each folder re-name the .ini to EPG Collector.ini (not EPGcollector.ini.ini!)

Just before I go on, can you confirm you need to run 4 .ini's:
Quote:1.ALL EPG Collector
2.FREEVIEW EPG Collector
3.sky iti EPG Collector
4.sky uk EPG Collector
I'm not clear whether the 'ALL EPG Collector' is needed.
If not obviously just make folders for skyuk, skyitaly and freeview.
Let me know and I'll carry on.

freeview is not required but i dont believe i can create 4 EPG Collector folders ...the name is the same so they want to merge
Okay.
Assuming 'all EPG Collector' is required make a batch file like before with the following:
Quote:@echo OFF
xcopy /y "C:\Users\mark\AppData\Local\Geekzone\EPG Collector\skyuk\EPG Collector.ini" "C:\Users\mark\AppData\Local\Geekzone\EPG Collector\EPG Collector.ini"
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Geekzone\EPG Collector\EPGCollector.exe"
xcopy /y "C:\Users\mark\AppData\Local\Geekzone\EPG Collector\skyitaly\EPG Collector.ini" "C:\Users\mark\AppData\Local\Geekzone\EPG Collector\EPG Collector.ini"
xcopy /y "C:\Users\mark\AppData\Local\Geekzone\EPG Collector\all\EPG Collector.ini" "C:\Users\mark\AppData\Local\Geekzone\EPG Collector\EPG Collector.ini"
exit
If you don't need 'all EPG Collector' then knock off the 2 lines before 'exit'.

Test the batch, let me know if it works.
(2015-02-08, 23:16)buttonsni Wrote: i dont believe i can create 4 EPG Collector folders ...the name is the same so they want to merge
You're creating a skyuk folder (and the others) inside your existing EPG Collector folder.

Edit: in other words open your EPG Collector folder (where your .ini's are). Right click > new folder, call it 'skyuk' And so on.
Sorry if that wasn't clear.
(2015-02-08, 23:25)trogggy Wrote:
(2015-02-08, 23:16)buttonsni Wrote: i dont believe i can create 4 EPG Collector folders ...the name is the same so they want to merge
You're creating a skyuk folder (and the others) inside your existing EPG Collector folder.

Edit: in other words open your EPG Collector folder (where your .ini's are). Right click > new folder, call it 'skyuk' And so on.
Sorry if that wasn't clear.

yes it works but it asks is it a file F or a directory D
after i answer F
it works
so all i have to do is point the scheduled task to the batch file
Hmmm.
I don't think it should do that if there's already an 'EPG Collector.ini' in both folders (source and target).*
When I ran it it gave that message the first time but after that it worked.
Try it again, see if you have the same issue.

*This may be bollocks, but the observation (I only saw the prompt once) isn't.
(2015-02-08, 23:42)buttonsni Wrote: so all i have to do is point the scheduled task to the batch file
Yep, exactly. I make a Batch folder in the root of my C drive to keep things tidy, but it doesn't matter where you stick it.
Edit: just need to confirm you don't get the prompt every time the batch runs, and I think we're good.
yes , with great pleasure i can confirm it did not ask on the second run.....

Trogggy thank you very very much for your tremendous help today.

i hope this also helps others
No worries, glad we finally got there.
I'll probably need to do the same thing later this year, so I'll be referring back here.
(2015-02-06, 18:01)trogggy Wrote: Click File > create collection parameters
Choose broadcast parameters - sky uk in my case.
A new configuration window will open.
On the first tab (tuning) check your tuner is recognised and that the selected satellite looks vaguely right.
Go to the channels tab, click 'Start Scan'. The scan takes less than 30 secs on my machine (about 900 channels found).

I was wondering whether someone who is able to get a full Sky UK EPG on EPG Collector / Centre can tell me what their settings are under the Tuning tab?
In particular what is set under "Frequency" and "Collection Type"?

Alternatively if someone has a working ini configuration file that they are willing to upload that would be great!

Thanks in advance for any replies.

bb69
I'm not near the pc this is running on right now, but the above is literally all you need to do.
What's not happening for you?
(2015-07-02, 16:28)trogggy Wrote: I'm not near the pc this is running on right now, but the above is literally all you need to do.
What's not happening for you?

Thanks for the reply. As sorted now. I'll post the setup later.

EDIT:
The settings for Sky UK on the Tuning tab are 'Frequency' - 117788000 - V and 'Collection Type' of Open TV.

I downloaded the most recent version of EPG Centre but it didn't seem to have any pre-set settings in them, so downloaded an older version which seemed to have the settings for UK satellite EPG pre-set?

bb69

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Using EPG Collector with dvbviewer.0