• 31(current)
Intel NUC - Broadwell (5th Generation CPU)
(2015-07-06, 16:53)Caramba69 Wrote: Have you tried to disable WASAPI under Audio in PowerDVD? I had the same issue with windows 8.1. With Windows 10 the issue is gone.

Where do I do that?
I just got NUC5I5RYH, installed win 7 and kodi on it everything is fine except for remote.
I tried generic mce remote but no luck. (does not respond)
wake from s4 and s5 is selected in bios.
when i tried to install CIR driver on windows, it failed...

what can the problem?
(2015-07-06, 17:07)rmilyard Wrote:
(2015-07-06, 16:53)Caramba69 Wrote: Have you tried to disable WASAPI under Audio in PowerDVD? I had the same issue with windows 8.1. With Windows 10 the issue is gone.

Where do I do that?

Classic mode -> Settings -> Video, Audio, Subtitle -> Audio -> more audiosettings -> miscellaneous

I don't know if the translation in english is correct, because my PowerDVD is in German
(2015-07-06, 17:51)Caramba69 Wrote:
(2015-07-06, 17:07)rmilyard Wrote:

Where do I do that?

Classic mode -> Settings -> Video, Audio, Subtitle -> Audio -> more audiosettings -> miscellaneous

I don't know if the translation in english is correct, because my PowerDVD is in German

OMG you are the man! I have been dealing with since 15 came out! Found that setting and changed it and its working!
(2015-07-06, 17:26)john_hey Wrote: I just got NUC5I5RYH, installed win 7 and kodi on it everything is fine except for remote.
I tried generic mce remote but no luck. (does not respond)
wake from s4 and s5 is selected in bios.
when i tried to install CIR driver on windows, it failed...

what can the problem?
Are you on the latest Intel bios? There was a fix a few months ago.
I updated to latest version of bios. but still get error when want to install driver.
I always gets the error below in middle of installation:
"There is a mistake when installing the driver: 0xe00020b aborts this installation, please reboot and try again."

I tried few times with no luck. any help?
I guess I narrowed down my CIR issue to driver.

For NUC5i5RYKH (or NUC5i5RYK) , which CIR is built-in? ITE Tech or Nuvoton?

The driver right now in Intel is for ITE Tech which is failing.
can someone confirm which driver is working?
Look in the Driver File: http://downloadmirror.intel.com/24510/a0...ul2015.zip
Quote:;Abstract:
; INF file for installing the ITE CIR device
AppName=ITE Infrared Transceiver
| myHTPC |
Hello everyone!

I need help with a strange error that occurs with KODI .
I own a NUC 5i3ryh and I installed OpenELEC 5.0.8 ( X64 ) . Everything seems to work fine but if I'm going to touch the option "Vertical blank sync" (wich is set to "let the driver choose")
the system crashes and stutters and it is impossible to resolve. I have to reinstall everything ....
Does anyone know anything about this problem ?Huh

Thank you all!
Nope and without logs nobody can help - reproduce with Confluence skin.

Btw. "Let driver decide" is the correct setting.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Thank you for your reply!

I will try to obtain a log. But i don't understand your :

"Let driver decide" is the correct setting. Do you mean that i can leave this option on and don't touch anything?

Thanks
What else could my statement have meant?
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Ehmmm...sorry Blush

I am not so good at English...
I meant only that leaving that option as it is ...
It is the recommended option because often I read that it is better to enable sync.

Sorry about my poor english, and thanks again.
The enable Vsync in kodi does something special ... cause it sets the swapInterval directly, which might interfer with driver defaults, as it only makes sense with double buffering ... and so on.

Let driver decide will do what you want for radeon / intel on linux and even for nvidia.
can someone confirm which remote works fine with built-in CIR for win 7?
I am using generic MCE and does not work.
  • 31(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Intel NUC - Broadwell (5th Generation CPU)6