• 7(current)
Release CinemaVision: Create a Movie Theater Experience at Home
(2015-08-02, 06:51)Dave the Minion Wrote: Image

Kidding, of course. Hope they can get their ducks in a row sooner rather than later. I'm sure there's many out there anxiously awaiting something to really get the CV ball rolling. Like an early Beta to play withHuh

I chuckled. Thanks for that. Smile A patch was applied, and it seems to be working. I'm hoping to have the site open tonight. I don't yet have an early beta. Our developer has been working on adding in the features that are in Cinema Experience and getting them to work with the way that CinemaVision handles the preshow. CV is totally different from CE in everything that it does, so some of the stuff has to be reinvented, and not just recoded. I'm hoping to have an alpha soon. The one we currently have only plays random content from the CinemaVision folder.

(2015-08-02, 09:49)coyote82 Wrote: What about the Release?

Just in case you're not trolling, when it's done. Smile We want to be sure we have a working add-on that will last a good long while and do everything that the community wants, and more.

(2015-08-03, 01:24)Carl314 Wrote: Is CV dependent upon your web site? Will any subscription be necessary to use any of CV's features with our own media/trailers/bumpers, or would a sub only be for those wishing to purchase bumpers, etc from your site?

No sir, it is not. You don't even have to use the content that CinemaVision creates if you don't want to. The add-on will not be website dependent on any platform. While it might change in the future, here's a breakdown of how we envision all of this working:

How It Is Today
  1. The website requires user registration to download files, but not to read the forums.
    • We want to build our community and get more folks contributing.
    • We also need to keep bots from mass downloading from the site which creates bandwidth issues for all of us humans.
  2. Subscriptions are a way for us to continue to pay for the servers, storage, hosting, add-on development and whatever else we need to keep CinemaVision going.
    • Only content created by CinemaVision can be locked behind a subscription (which is also temporary).
    • Subscriptions uncap all download limitations, and give you a title in the forums.
  3. The add-on will work 'out of the box' and not require the end user to populate custom videos or slides.
    • The default content that will come with the add-on is CinemaVision branded.
    • The trivia slideshow will contain plugs for other community projects, community websites, etc. Developers, contact me if you want to 'advertise' in the default package.
    • Any and all of the default content can be removed or customized by the end-user.
  4. If you or anyone you know creates content, we'll host it on the CinemaVision website for FREE. Content that is not created by CinemaVision will never be locked behind a subscription, so everyone will be able to download it.
  5. Folks that actively contribute content will get a subscription at no cost.

How It May Be Someday
  1. The add-on will tie into registration on the website for some features.
    • Build your favorite content list on the website, and the add-on will automatically download that content to the correct folder once you put in your website credentials.
    • Content can stream from the website instead of installing locally.
    • Settings and content sync between platforms and devices.
  2. The trivia databases are user editable, and people can create their own trivia content from the website.

As you can see, there may be plans to integrate the website with the add-on to make it easier to configure and use across platforms. For example, if you have a Pi on one TV in your house, and another Kodi HTPC on a different TV, your CinemaVision settings and content could sync between them using the website as a middle man.

Even then, features like that likely won't require a subscription. It will require that you register on the website and put your credentials into the add-on, though. I will tell you that subscribers will have first say on new features and content, and be the first in line to test new content and add-ons. There's solid reasoning behind that. Those folks that contributed are the whole reason we can do all of this, and I think it would do them a disservice to not let them be on the front lines testing and tweaking what they helped to make a reality.
Create a Movie Theater Experience at Home
Trivia Slides, Video Bumpers, Ratings Bumpers, Audio Format Bumpers and more...

CinemaVision | CinemaVision Launcher | CinemaVision Service | CinemaVision Content
True story, I went to upload some more content and noticed that the update that Invision did to fix the member issue had nuked all of the downloads. I uploaded them again overnight, and will be importing them today. If it's not one thing, it's another.

CinemaVision | CinemaVision Launcher | CinemaVision Service | CinemaVision Content
Scott, If I may call you that. I just have to say that my Fiance and I are big fans of the home theater experience. Its a major part of our lives. What you're doing with this program is really wonderful. I've been looking forward to and thinking about CinemaVison almost everyday since I first discovered it . I am absolutely thrilled with the thought of how this will change our nightly movie rituals. I do have a question. Is it confirmed that there will be integration with the pseudotvlive add-on and how will that work? Will there be a CV Channel or a menu option to "CV" whatever your currently watching?

Thank you for all your work, sincerely.
(2015-08-04, 16:38)CinemaVision-Scott Wrote: True story, I went to upload some more content and noticed that the update that Invision did to fix the member issue had nuked all of the downloads. I uploaded them again overnight, and will be importing them today. If it's not one thing, it's another.

Or.....

NSFW

https://youtu.be/DikFNHqytVg

Keep us posted, Scott. I'm anxious to check it all out!
(2015-08-04, 20:29)Therealmr_cooper Wrote: Scott, If I may call you that. I just have to say that my Fiance and I are big fans of the home theater experience. Its a major part of our lives. What you're doing with this program is really wonderful. I've been looking forward to and thinking about CinemaVison almost everyday since I first discovered it . I am absolutely thrilled with the thought of how this will change our nightly movie rituals. I do have a question. Is it confirmed that there will be integration with the pseudotvlive add-on and how will that work? Will there be a CV Channel or a menu option to "CV" whatever your currently watching?

Thank you for all your work, sincerely.

Well, that is my name... Big Grin

It might also change how you binge watch TV episodes. You can thank Dave for that one. I wouldn't say it's confirmed, but I'd say it's a safe bet. Lunatixz and I have been talking for the better part of a year. Last we spoke, I believe he was dropping support for CE once the CV add-on is released. He's asked our developer some questions about integration, but since we don't have a finished add-on just yet, we can't give him all the documentation he would need to tie into CV from PseudoTV Live. I do think they made some headway, though.

(2015-08-04, 23:32)Dave the Minion Wrote: Image

Or.....

NSFW

https://youtu.be/DikFNHqytVg

Keep us posted, Scott. I'm anxious to check it all out!

I agree! So I'm still re-uploading a whole bunch of the content, but I'll open it up tonight even without all of the content uploaded. Everyone can start using the forums and setting up their accounts, and download what's there until I repopulate all of the content. So frustrating, but I guess it is what it is. Three of the new Vibrant sets are uploaded, so at least there's that!

I don't know if this is possible but something I would really like to have is the ability for CV to play a certain intro and certain trivia slides (and maybe other things) if a specific movie or set of movies is played. For example I have a Harry Potter intro I created and I'm working on HP trivia slides that I want to play when I'm having a Harry Potter marathon. I can do this now with CE if I go into the settings and change the folders that it points to for everything. It would be nice to have it do this automatically.
This looks amazing, definitely plan on buying at least some bumpers, to support all the hard work that obviously went into this. Once this comes out I'm going to have to host a big movie night, wonder what the main attraction should be?
(2015-08-05, 04:55)mmatforum Wrote: I don't know if this is possible but something I would really like to have is the ability for CV to play a certain intro and certain trivia slides (and maybe other things) if a specific movie or set of movies is played. For example I have a Harry Potter intro I created and I'm working on HP trivia slides that I want to play when I'm having a Harry Potter marathon. I can do this now with CE if I go into the settings and change the folders that it points to for everything. It would be nice to have it do this automatically.

You can still do that in CV, eventually. The functionality isn't there just yet, but it will be at launch. You'll also be able to save entire preshows dedicated to whatever content and settings you want. That means you can load up a full "Harry Potter" preshow with themed bumpers, trivia, behind the scenes stuff, director interviews - whatever you want. You will only have to build it once, save it as a file, then load that sequence whenever you want to use it. Pretty cool huh?

The trivia content will also be something that you can filter based on all kinds of metadata - but that's going to be a good bit of work and it may take a while to build that metadata for each set.

(2015-08-05, 05:57)arithine Wrote: This looks amazing, definitely plan on buying at least some bumpers, to support all the hard work that obviously went into this. Once this comes out I'm going to have to host a big movie night, wonder what the main attraction should be?

Thanks! Don't just nab content, become part of the community! We'd be glad to have you. Keep an eye out for updates and announcements on the CinemaVision website. Tons of stuff coming. Maybe not literally, since it's digital, but whatever. As a part of the community you can give us feedback on the decks and styles that we're designing, and work with others to help us design some templates for content and develop those together. Folks on our site will get a pretty big voice.

(2015-08-05, 09:49)CinemaVision-Scott Wrote:
(2015-08-05, 04:55)mmatforum Wrote: I don't know if this is possible but something I would really like to have is the ability for CV to play a certain intro and certain trivia slides (and maybe other things) if a specific movie or set of movies is played. For example I have a Harry Potter intro I created and I'm working on HP trivia slides that I want to play when I'm having a Harry Potter marathon. I can do this now with CE if I go into the settings and change the folders that it points to for everything. It would be nice to have it do this automatically.

You can still do that in CV, eventually. The functionality isn't there just yet, but it will be at launch. You'll also be able to save entire preshows dedicated to whatever content and settings you want. That means you can load up a full "Harry Potter" preshow with themed bumpers, trivia, behind the scenes stuff, director interviews - whatever you want. You will only have to build it once, save it as a file, then load that sequence whenever you want to use it. Pretty cool huh?

The trivia content will also be something that you can filter based on all kinds of metadata - but that's going to be a good bit of work and it may take a while to build that metadata for each set.

(2015-08-05, 05:57)arithine Wrote: This looks amazing, definitely plan on buying at least some bumpers, to support all the hard work that obviously went into this. Once this comes out I'm going to have to host a big movie night, wonder what the main attraction should be?

Thanks! Don't just nab content, become part of the community! We'd be glad to have you. Keep an eye out for updates and announcements on the CinemaVision website. Tons of stuff coming. Maybe not literally, since it's digital, but whatever. As a part of the community you can give us feedback on the decks and styles that we're designing, and work with others to help us design some templates for content and develop those together. Folks on our site will get a pretty big voice.

Trust me, when I find an addon or skin I like I make my voice heard Tongue

And all the best devs are like you, encouraging suggestion and input. I'm not the most skilled but I will probably make some things in photoshop, I'm going to need dark rating bumpers so I'll probably do that first.

Edit: Crud, I just noticed that those are vids, any chance for more dark themed content? MPAA, Trivia, etc.
(2015-08-05, 09:56)arithine Wrote: Trust me, when I find an addon or skin I like I make my voice heard Tongue

And all the best devs are like you, encouraging suggestion and input. I'm not the most skilled but I will probably make some things in photoshop, I'm going to need dark rating bumpers so I'll probably do that first.

Edit: Crud, I just noticed that those are vids, any chance I can mock up the still and if you like them you can turn them into vids?

That's the way we want it. Creativity is driven by communication, so hopefully we'll rally a community behind the content where people can collaborate and create some really cool content. We'll host it all for free, and hopefully that's enough to encourage some participation. Big Grin

Make no mistake! I'm not a developer. I'm one of the guys that uses contributions the community gives them to hire a developer to create some really cool stuff for the community to enjoy. Once we finish with some of this content, we'll be uploading Photoshop templates for people to use as a base. We also plan to put up tutorials that outline how to configure those templates and create the slides without doing it all by hand.

Lots to do... Cool

Absolutely. I have the templates for all of those that I created by hand. If you're good with text placement and such, all you have to worry about is the background and colors. That way you don't have to recreate the entire template from scratch. There is one dark MPAA Ratings Bumper called Retro if you're into that. If you want to design them from scratch, feel free. Post up your design in the CinemaVision forums and we'll work from there! All we need for Ratings Bumpers is a still image. We created a video template that fades them in and out that acts as a wrapper for the still image. Make sure it's at least 1080p, and 300dpi.

I've gotta go to sleep. At this rate I'm going to get 4 hours before I have to go to my day job.

(2015-08-05, 10:02)CinemaVision-Scott Wrote: Absolutely. I have the templates for all of those that I created by hand. If you're good with text placement and such, all you have to worry about is the background and colors. That way you don't have to recreate the entire template from scratch. There is one dark MPAA Ratings Bumper called Retro if you're into that. If you want to design them from scratch, feel free. Post up your design in the CinemaVision forums and we'll work from there! All we need for Ratings Bumpers is a still image. We created a video template that fades them in and out that acts as a wrapper for the still image. Make sure it's at least 1080p, and 300dpi.

I've gotta go to sleep. At this rate I'm going to get 4 hours before I have to go to my day job.

Guess I'm going to have to wait for those templates (on examination the thought of using the magic wand to isolate the background gives me chills), I prefer the layout of the Classic Ratings and with the template I'll be able to make something to suit my needs, with a dark gray background, white rating letter, and light gray text.
Geez, so much happened here tonight while I was out. Awesome news!

Glad to see the update about custom pre-saved intros. Guess my Oscars video gave you some more inspiration, huh? Wink

Can't wait for you to let us play with the beta!
Yay! Glad to see the website up and running again! Now I just need to work on patiently waiting, impatiently, for the add-on... Smile
Cool! Didnt know this.
Happy user of cinema experience, looking forward to this addon Smile
Some thoughts.
Will it be easy to have the existing slides in a different (dutch) language? or will we have to rephraze every word of it on our own?

Will we be able to have a video "remember to put on your 3d glasses" intro before a 3d movie starts?

Will you create intro movies for free?
  • 7(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
CinemaVision: Create a Movie Theater Experience at Home5