• 680(current)
[OLD/CLOSED] PseudoTV Live - Set-Top box solution
(2015-09-02, 02:42)jctennis Wrote:
(2015-09-02, 02:38)jxke Wrote: I see whats wrong with the Guidedata now after the update. This guy wants donations to gain access to the guidedata.
Effectively forcing you to donate to him or not use the app.
Not true. You don't have to donate anything to get guidedata, just to get it from Luna's server. Just generate it yourself. http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid1378586

ETA: start with step 2. Generate the xmltv.xml file and move it to your machine. In the addon settings you can point Pseudo Tv Live to it.

That solution no longer works.
(2015-09-01, 21:18)aptalca Wrote:
(2015-09-01, 20:58)fairplay89 Wrote:
(2015-08-29, 03:01)fairplay89 Wrote: Anything else needed on these logs? Thanks!

Anyone? Is it possible to run this on Amazon devices at all?
I'm using it on the fireTV stick. But I mostly have local video channels with a few YouTube channels in there

Scratch that. I WAS using it on the firestick but I see that PTVL got updated and it no longer works. It won't even start up. It says check the log.

In fact, it starts giving errors after kodi starts even before I try to open PTVL, so something's messed up with the background service (I don't even know what the background service is for, as far as I know PTVL doesn't do background updates, or any other background tasks)

I wish I could stop the updates, install a version that works (last couple worked well) and just leave it.

I'm too tired to get a log or try and troubleshoot.

I think Luna needs to do a feature freeze, release a stable and let people decide whether they want the bleeding edge or a working stable version

EDIT: Fine, I changed my mind, here's the log: http://pastebin.com/ciPAmzw2 There seem to be smb related issues, no idea why, my credentials are in the sources with full write access.
I swear this is the last time. I'm tired of being a guinea pig
I agree. I'm not donating money to someone who doesn't take the time to read the forum and help troubleshoot. If anything I'll donate to the people that do help.
(2015-09-02, 03:00)jxke Wrote:
(2015-09-02, 02:42)jctennis Wrote:
(2015-09-02, 02:38)jxke Wrote: I see whats wrong with the Guidedata now after the update. This guy wants donations to gain access to the guidedata.
Effectively forcing you to donate to him or not use the app.
Not true. You don't have to donate anything to get guidedata, just to get it from Luna's server. Just generate it yourself. http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid1378586

ETA: start with step 2. Generate the xmltv.xml file and move it to your machine. In the addon settings you can point Pseudo Tv Live to it.

That solution no longer works.

(2015-09-02, 03:49)jxke Wrote: I agree. I'm not donating money to someone who doesn't take the time to read the forum and help troubleshoot. If anything I'll donate to the people that do help.

This method still works considering that it's how I currently pull my own guidedata (for US channels). No one is forcing you to donate to get guidedata. The features that come with donating can all be done by hand, by donating you get to skip a few steps by having it automatically done for you. Even with a donation, there is absolutely no guarantee that these features will work. By donating, you're just saying thanks for the addon and the ease-of-use features are a way of Luna saying thanks back but it doesn't imply a guarantee. I've donated in the past and still pull my own guidedata because I think it's more reliable than waiting for someone else to do it for me.The only thing holding you back is a current lack of knowledge on certain aspects. Most, if not all, of the developers have jobs outside of Kodi and won't be on hand to provide 24/7 tech support. Plus, no one knows what's going on in his life at the moment. I hope this doesn't come off as rude. The best thing you can do is post a log file of your issue (which I've seen you've done) and try to learn how to do things manually while you wait for Luna to come back to the forum to help you. Feel free to PM me, I MIGHT be able to help. Good luck to you!
Brevity should never equate to rudeness.
(2015-09-02, 03:43)aptalca Wrote:
(2015-09-01, 21:18)aptalca Wrote:
(2015-09-01, 20:58)fairplay89 Wrote: Anyone? Is it possible to run this on Amazon devices at all?
I'm using it on the fireTV stick. But I mostly have local video channels with a few YouTube channels in there

Scratch that. I WAS using it on the firestick but I see that PTVL got updated and it no longer works. It won't even start up. It says check the log.

In fact, it starts giving errors after kodi starts even before I try to open PTVL, so something's messed up with the background service (I don't even know what the background service is for, as far as I know PTVL doesn't do background updates, or any other background tasks)

I wish I could stop the updates, install a version that works (last couple worked well) and just leave it.

I think Luna needs to do a feature freeze, release a stable and let people decide whether they want the bleeding edge or a working stable version

EDIT: Fine, I changed my mind, here's the log: http://pastebin.com/ciPAmzw2 There seem to be smb related issues, no idea why, my credentials are in the sources with full write access.

Why don't you turn off auto-updates in settings if you feel the updates don't work for you?
Brevity should never equate to rudeness.
The files are not available for download and they even state later in that thread that method isn't working. Probably why no one is updating the broken Drop box link.
(2015-09-02, 12:45)jxke Wrote: The files are not available for download and they even state later in that thread that method isn't working. Probably why no one is updating the broken Drop box link.
Start from step 2 forward. It works
first_time_user (wiki) | free content (wiki) | forum rules (wiki) | PVR (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)

IMPORTANT:
The official Kodi version does not contain any content what so ever. This means that you should provide your own content from a local or remote storage location, DVD, Blu-Ray or any other media carrier that you own. Additionally Kodi allows you to install third-party plugins that may provide access to content that is freely available on the official content provider website. The watching or listening of illegal or pirated content which would otherwise need to be paid for is not endorsed or approved by Team Kodi.
(2015-09-02, 05:00)bitterkitten Wrote:
(2015-09-02, 03:43)aptalca Wrote:
(2015-09-01, 21:18)aptalca Wrote: I'm using it on the fireTV stick. But I mostly have local video channels with a few YouTube channels in there

Why don't you turn off auto-updates in settings if you feel the updates don't work for you?
AFAIK no such option for ptvl (looked through the settings again)

If you mean the kodi setting for auto updating addons, that wouldn't work for ptvl because once you start it, it installs luna's repo and auto updates itself independent of kodi's updating of addons
For those that are complaining about guide data, do it yourself. It's easy. As in copy and paste easy. You use WebGrab+, you download a text file for your guide, you copy and paste the channels you want into a config file, you run WG+, and it's done. Literally that easy.

My .xmltv file for personal use is 2.85MB and includes about 110 channels for two days. Now let's say that is the same as Luna's file, and PTVL has 1,000 users using the guide data and they PTVL twice a day on average, that's 5.7GB of bandwidth being consumed a day from luna's server. Let's say Luna has a bandwidth limit of 200GB a month. So in 30 days that becomes 171GB of data just being used on guide data, leaving anything else that Luna uses his server for with just under 30GB.

I can see perfectly why Luna will only offer this service to people that have donated, server space isn't cheap, and most places will charge you an arm and a leg for going over your limit.

NOTE: I obviously made my numbers up for the example, but surely you see my point.

EDIT: If it's just USTVNow Guide data you want, WG+ even has a USTVNow only file set, so you don't even need to copy and paste individual channels, just the entire listing.
(2015-09-02, 15:28)aptalca Wrote:
(2015-09-02, 05:00)bitterkitten Wrote:
(2015-09-02, 03:43)aptalca Wrote: Scratch that. I WAS using it on the firestick but I see that PTVL got updated and it no longer works. It won't even start up. It says check the log.

AFAIK no such option for ptvl (looked through the settings again)

If you mean the kodi setting for auto updating addons, that wouldn't work for ptvl because once you start it, it installs luna's repo and auto updates itself independent of kodi's updating of addons

I have kodi updates set to off and I ALWAYS have to manually update ANY addon INCLUDING PTVL.
(2015-09-02, 12:57)bry- Wrote:
(2015-09-02, 12:45)jxke Wrote: The files are not available for download and they even state later in that thread that method isn't working. Probably why no one is updating the broken Drop box link.
Start from step 2 forward. It works

You cannot proceed to Step 3 because you cannot download the files to get USTV EPG Grab.bat because the dropbox link is broken.

This is why I stated this method does not work.
Here's another issue I've been having and I'm not sure if it's simply a keymapping problem but here goes.

Once in a while when I press "Enter" on my remote to bring up the guide it will start the current episode over and go back to the beginning. I am no longer having the issue of the episodes jumping to the next one, at least not yet anyway.

Here's my log. Let me know if you need any other info Luna, the block of shows that it happened to are written at the bottom. It happened to the middle show. I can provide an m3u if needed.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/nimedqspo5ipmf...2.txt?dl=0
(2015-09-02, 18:29)banananipple Wrote: Here's another issue I've been having and I'm not sure if it's simply a keymapping problem but here goes.

Once in a while when I press "Enter" on my remote to bring up the guide it will start the current episode over and go back to the beginning. I am no longer having the issue of the episodes jumping to the next one, at least not yet anyway.

Here's my log. Let me know if you need any other info Luna, the block of shows that it happened to are written at the bottom. It happened to the middle show. I can provide an m3u if needed.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/nimedqspo5ipmf...2.txt?dl=0

Is the show info still on the screen? IF the show is halfway through, and the info is on the screen it will start from the beginning when "enter" is pressed

If the info isnt on the screen, then i dont know Smile
Bugs thread people. I repeat bugs thread
first_time_user (wiki) | free content (wiki) | forum rules (wiki) | PVR (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)

IMPORTANT:
The official Kodi version does not contain any content what so ever. This means that you should provide your own content from a local or remote storage location, DVD, Blu-Ray or any other media carrier that you own. Additionally Kodi allows you to install third-party plugins that may provide access to content that is freely available on the official content provider website. The watching or listening of illegal or pirated content which would otherwise need to be paid for is not endorsed or approved by Team Kodi.
Thanks JCTennis for the PM. I'll give that a shot once I'm home. However, Today all of my USTVNow channels were fubared and not working again. I'm done attempting to get things for free. I'm going to be going with PlayOn instead for $25 a year for 100 channels.
  • 680(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[OLD/CLOSED] PseudoTV Live - Set-Top box solution45