Movie Information with Harmony One Remote
The remote is working very well. Stop/pause exit (back) all work great, and I really don't want to mess that up. Rather than start from scratch, is there a way to use the keyboard.xml file to redefine a key to send a 'c' key which would popout the movie context menu? That would give me everything and I'd never have to pickup my keyboard again.

I'd take any key, but ideally pressing the 'info' button on the remote would be redefined to send the 'c' key. FWIW, I've asked on the logi forum and so far no happiness getting the remote to send a 'c' character.

Thanks in advance.
Cliff
We need more info to help you out. What key is currently set if you press info. Also what keys do you have the harmony emulating? Are you sending Microsoft remote commands?
How to use Git
| AMD Athlon II X3 Triple Core Processor 2.9 GHz |GIGABYTE GA-MA785GM-US2H Mobo 2GB DDR2 Ram | MSI N430GT |
| Logitec Harmony Smart Control Remote| 52" Sharp Aquos LED TV | Denon AVR-X1000 |
| Freenas Server with 18TB ASRock Intel Avoton C2750 |
For my Logitech remote I set it up to use a Microsoft MCE keyboard. Through that I can map any button on the remote to any keyboard command through the Logitech Harmony Remote software.
I have the harmony configured as a windows media remote.
(2012-12-30, 16:50)cwiebe Wrote: I have the harmony configured as a windows media remote.

On my system with the Harmony One remote, I get the context menu if I hit the 'Guide' button.
If you use the Plex Player device profile, the default is MENU button --> ContextMenu.
LibreELEC 10.0.4 * ViMediaManager or TinyMediaManager | Raspberry pi 4b
Sharing media from NAS via NFS (optical out to receiver, HDMI to TV) | TV remote with CEC / Bluetooth keyboard
(2012-12-27, 05:16)kavond Wrote: For my Logitech remote I set it up to use a Microsoft MCE keyboard. Through that I can map any button on the remote to any keyboard command through the Logitech Harmony Remote software.

If so, why don't you use the Logitech software to send "C" when you hit the Info button?

In theory, assuming the default of the MCE keyboard device is mapping the INFO button, button ID 31, to the XBMC "Info" command, you should be able to create a keyboard.xml in userdata/keymaps/, and put
Code:
<keymap>
  <global>
    <joystick name="Harmony">
<!-- Info     -->   <button id="31">ContextMenu</button>
    </joystick>
  </global>
</keymap>
in it, and it should do what you want. In my case any keyboard.xml file in that place utterly destroys keyboard mapping for the remote. So not much help I guess.

FWIW, if you use the Plex Player device profile, the MENU button by default activates the ContextMenu.
LibreELEC 10.0.4 * ViMediaManager or TinyMediaManager | Raspberry pi 4b
Sharing media from NAS via NFS (optical out to receiver, HDMI to TV) | TV remote with CEC / Bluetooth keyboard
From my look at the harmony software, sending a 'c' isn't an option. That would be the easiest. Thanks for the xml file, I'll give that a try.

Some interesting other items. I haven't done more testing, but thought I'd share.

I have a Pivos Xios running Frodo in the bedroom. I control this one with a Harmony 550. This remote does work with the menu button and the info button. However, if I bring the 550 to the living room it still won't recognize those two buttons. If I bring the Harmony One to the Pivos, the menu & info still won't work.

So there may be multiple things going on, but not sure. The receiver in the LR may not be accepting these button presses. Additionally the Harmony One is probably configured a bit differently than the 550. One other difference, although I have no way of knowing if this is a factor is the LR is running Eden with the BR running Frodo.
My Harmony One remote doesn't respond to pressing the Guide button. There is no Guide button on my Sharp TV remote. Otherwise the Harmony works fairly well. Sometimes it takes a single press as a double press.

I am on a Mac. I have the Logitech MyHarmony software but if I want to add a mapping for the context menu it want me to use another remote to teach it. Clearly it's not an option. Any ideas?

Also, it won't shut down the Pi. Not that it really matters...
Go into your harmony and add device:
Mfr: Microsoft
Device: Microsoft MCE Keyboard

Now make sure the device you chose is the one named above, there is a similar one. That will allow you to bind ANY normal keyboard button (such as C for context menu)
Okay, device added. Now how do use it? Do I add that device to my activity alongside the Pi? And/or how do I bind the button? Sorry if this sounds stupid. I'm a noob in this area.
In my experience trying to set up a Harmony as an MCE keyboard in openelec is a shortcut to a world of pain and frustration. I spent a good while messing with it, and ended up switching to Media Centre SE. Basically media keys work but the rest don't, unless you enable them at which point they just repeat ad infinitum.
If you're using a different os on the pi it may work.
I'm using OSMC.

I also got an Aerb 2.4G Mini Wireless Keyboard Mouse Multifunctional W Infrared Remote, but that won't even pair.

Any other ideas? I just need the Context button to work so I can add the shows to the library.
Just to be clear - are you using cec?
In other words - do you have an IR receiver connected to a usb port on the pi, or is your Harmony set up to emulate the TV remote?
You can't add a device (eg mce keyboard) unless you have a receiver for that device IYSWIM.

If you are using cec there's an excellent guide here - just a case of choosing a button on the tv remote you don't need and re-assigning it to ContextMenu.
Now that you have the device added. Go into your activity and change the button you want to use from original to the button C. It's no different than setting any of the other activities up. Look up videos on youtube on how to edit your remote. If I get a chance tomorrow morning, I'll throw up some pic tutorial.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Movie Information with Harmony One Remote0